Humid

Old May 11th 2008, 8:58 pm
Just Joined

hlad00 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Humid

Well it has certainly been the best week of the year in the UK for the sunshine . but I found the heat quite humid and sometimes almost unbearable to breath.

My question is: Is the heat like this in Syndey? Or is it dry heat?
Old May 11th 2008, 9:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

sammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Humid

We spent a week in sydney in summer time and the heat was like a VERY hot british summer day and was noticeably lesshumid than in brisbane (where we'd just come from) - although if you find the weather in the uk humid in may you might struggle anyway??

How hot has it been over there in the past week anyway?
Old May 11th 2008, 9:50 pm
Outback Club Member

Paddy_M has a brilliant futurePaddy_M has a brilliant futurePaddy_M has a brilliant futurePaddy_M has a brilliant futurePaddy_M has a brilliant futurePaddy_M has a brilliant futurePaddy_M has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by hlad00
Well it has certainly been the best week of the year in the UK for the sunshine . but I found the heat quite humid and sometimes almost unbearable to breath.

Depends on where you go but I think you may struggle with the heat if you found this week bad in the UK. I thought is was a lovely, and at only around 20-25 degrees it was not that warm compared to temps experienced in Australia.
Old May 11th 2008, 11:22 pm
Full Throttle

stevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hlad00

I used to work in central London, and during the summer the heat just sat there and it was incredibly airless and stifling.
Now I am in Sydney and this is rarely the case. Being next to the coast gives a bit more relief with a breeze, so it does not often feel extremely humid.

Certain times of year can be worse, but generally Sydney is a relatively dry heat. As far as temperature goes, this summer was cooler - rarely above 30 degrees, but but from previous experience it often tends to be mid 30's with the odd 40+ day thrown in for good measure to make you feel like you are in a fan oven!.

HOWEVER - if you end up living or working out west then you may find it pretty uncomfortable as the further from the coast you are, the more uncomfortable it can feel.

Last edited by stevemich; May 11th 2008 at 11:24 pm.