Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Human rights prison

Human rights prison

Old Mar 5th 2008, 5:01 am
Forum Regular

Andrews2oz is a name known to allAndrews2oz is a name known to allAndrews2oz is a name known to allAndrews2oz is a name known to allAndrews2oz is a name known to allAndrews2oz is a name known to allAndrews2oz is a name known to allAndrews2oz is a name known to allAndrews2oz is a name known to allAndrews2oz is a name known to allAndrews2oz is a name known to all
Default Re: Human rights prison

:curse:Oh my god...my worst nightmare has just been realised....

It looks like some of the damn "Do-Gooders" i'm emigrating to Oz to get away from have arrived in Oz.

When are these people going to realise that if someone commits a serious crime they should lose ALL their human rights. why should they be looked after. like someone has already mentioned; they didn't give a damn about their Victims human rights.

I thought Australia was somewhere to go to free ourselves from the damn "Do-Gooders" oh well; looks like i'll have to keep looking....what's Canada like???
Old Mar 5th 2008, 7:29 am
BE Enthusiast

POW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nice

To start with, I guess you must know the mentality of the people making these decisions. ACT corrective services is run by office dwellers who have never seen an angry man. They have decided that they are going to show not only the country but the world how to run a prison despite having never run and operated a prison before.

The prisoners who are normally convicted in Canberra are sent to NSW to serve their sentences. For the vast majority of these imates, it is just a revolving door. No sooner do they get released on parole then they are back behind bars for committing further crimes.

Canberra judicial system is far too soft on criminals. You should see the pathetic sentences that are handed down here in the ACT. It is a sad state of affairs when the criminal has more rights than the victims.

If you are a criminal and want to go to jail. Come here to the ACT, do your crime and time and have a good life.

Barney
Old Mar 5th 2008, 8:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by POW148
To start with, I guess you must know the mentality of the people making these decisions. ACT corrective services is run by office dwellers who have never seen an angry man. They have decided that they are going to show not only the country but the world how to run a prison despite having never run and operated a prison before.

The prisoners who are normally convicted in Canberra are sent to NSW to serve their sentences. For the vast majority of these imates, it is just a revolving door. No sooner do they get released on parole then they are back behind bars for committing further crimes.

Canberra judicial system is far too soft on criminals. You should see the pathetic sentences that are handed down here in the ACT. It is a sad state of affairs when the criminal has more rights than the victims.

If you are a criminal and want to go to jail. Come here to the ACT, do your crime and time and have a good life.

Barney
You are so right, Barney!!! Just dont have the misfortune to be a victim of crime in this town because no doubt it will be your fault you got to be a victim.

Just yesterday a serial rapist was given a slap on the wrist because of his unfortunate childhood
Old Mar 5th 2008, 9:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Nickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of light

:
Originally Posted by gerry
bring back the death penalty simple.

and as for prison it should be a bare cell with a bed and a sheet and thats it.

no luxuries what so ever:curse::curse::curse:

KEV
Old Mar 5th 2008, 10:06 am
Ber-kerk

Wheeler-Jones is a jewel in the roughWheeler-Jones is a jewel in the roughWheeler-Jones is a jewel in the roughWheeler-Jones is a jewel in the roughWheeler-Jones is a jewel in the rough

Human rights - was a pile of shite.

So these people who take away other people's human rights get to live it up having all their intact!

Maybe when I move back down under I will commit a crime - it sure sounds nice to have all those things - I would even get exercised! Don't usually have time with my job and responsibilities!
Old Mar 5th 2008, 10:18 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by POW148

Barney
Barney,

I get the feeling we see eye to eye on more than you think.

I agree in Aus crims get it far too easy. Whilt I don't agree with the death penalty I think life should mean life, three strikes and it's 24 to life, assault a public officer and that includes ambos, firies as well as coppers and you're going down for at least a year.

We has some twat threatening to punch out a couple of my fire brigade homies over at Two Rocks at the weekend when they turned up to tell him to extinguish his illegal burn. We were 10 minutes away when we got stood down but I was thinking "make your first punch your best dude, because you ain't going to get a second one in, plus I've got an axe"
Old Mar 5th 2008, 10:04 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wheeler-Jones
Human rights - was a pile of shite.
What you've got to remember about human rights in 'civilised' countries is that it is always - ALWAYS - for the benefit of the few and the detriment of the many.
Old Mar 5th 2008, 10:29 pm
Account Closed

CarolineW is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Nickie And Kev
Last week The Sun newspaper ran a phone poll to see how many people wanted hanging brought back as capital punishment...i think it was something like 99% of people voted for it to be brought back as the forensic evidence is so defined now that they can well and truly know that the guy they have is the multiple murderer...

they have at least 2 in prison at the mo who were recent murderers.

Nickie
Why weren't normal people consulted?
Old Mar 6th 2008, 1:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Nickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by CarolineW
Why weren't normal people consulted?
I know, it seems like the only way to find these things out is to read the sun. :curse:

Normally we wouldnt have it but my girls wanted the high school musical sticker album out of it...only reason we bought it...

Human rights...pah........discuss that with the parents of the murdered, raped, tortured etc etc victims...... I vote bring back hanging and i dont care who disagrees with me.

Nickie