Human Resources

Old Feb 7th 2010, 4:44 pm
DKS
Just Joined

DKS is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Human Resources

Can anyone help. I'd like to emigrate to Brisbane. It would seem that as I am 35 the only way I can get in would be for an employer to sponsor me. I am a HR Director with 15 years experience but this is not on the skilled list (even though I had 4 years worth of training!!)

Can anyone tell me anywhere I can get a HR job and a sponsor - not much to ask!
Old Feb 7th 2010, 9:14 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Human Resources

http://www.seek.com.au

Do you have a degree?
Old Feb 7th 2010, 9:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DKS
I am a HR Director with 15 years experience but this is not on the skilled list (even though I had 4 years worth of training!!)

Yes it is.

http://www.immi.gov.au/asri/occupati...er-1213-11.htm

For now anyway, the skilled list is currently under review and changes will be announced in April.
Old Feb 8th 2010, 3:28 am
Social Grenade Thrower

paddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DKS
Can anyone help. I'd like to emigrate to Brisbane. It would seem that as I am 35 the only way I can get in would be for an employer to sponsor me. I am a HR Director with 15 years experience but this is not on the skilled list (even though I had 4 years worth of training!!)

4 years worth of training is completely irrelevant. Its not the SKILL they require but the SHORTAGE in that skill. You could be an experienced HR with no formal HR related training but a CSE in Woodwork and if they were short and your role was on the skills list you could still get in!!
Old Feb 8th 2010, 5:03 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DKS

We have HR people coming out of our ears - I doubt that we need to import any more. Sorry.

Retrain as a nurse, engineer or teacher and you'll be snapped up.
Old Feb 8th 2010, 7:03 am
DKS
Just Joined

Originally Posted by JAJ
http://www.seek.com.au

Do you have a degree?
Nope. But I do have an NVQ5 in operational management which is supposed to be an equivalent level?
Old Feb 8th 2010, 7:05 am
DKS
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
Yes it is.

http://www.immi.gov.au/asri/occupati...er-1213-11.htm

For now anyway, the skilled list is currently under review and changes will be announced in April.
Thanks for this - its better that the role is on the list which I hope would enable me to get a sponsored job. However unfortunately its not on the 'critical skills list' eg automatic entry ... for the first time in my life I feel old if only I was 30 again!
Old Feb 8th 2010, 8:14 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DKS
Nope. But I do have an NVQ5 in operational management which is supposed to be an equivalent level?
If your skill is assessed by Vetassess then they look at your degree to make sure it is equivalent to Australian degree. They will classify your ASCO code based on your degree and what you nominate.
Originally Posted by DKS
Thanks for this - its better that the role is on the list which I hope would enable me to get a sponsored job. However unfortunately its not on the 'critical skills list' eg automatic entry ... for the first time in my life I feel old if only I was 30 again!
There is no "automatic entry". The critical skills list only prioritised applications for roles where there is a critical shortage in Australia i.e. nursing, some IT. So long as your occupation is on the SOL you can apply for a visa. Well, until the SOL is updated later in the year anyway.

Do take a read of booklet 6 www.immi.gov.au for skilled visas.
Old Feb 8th 2010, 8:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
If your skill is assessed by Vetassess then they look at your degree to make sure it is equivalent to Australian degree. They will classify your ASCO code based on your degree and what you nominate.
Unfortunately this one is assessed by AIM. Notoriously tough, but worth a go.
Old Feb 8th 2010, 8:30 am
DKS
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
Unfortunately this one is assessed by AIM. Notoriously tough, but worth a go.
Notoriously tough???? what does that mean I am just in the process of sending them an email about the process. Do you have any knowledge of the % of applications they might turn down?? I am quite surprised at the application fee too - $360!
Old Feb 8th 2010, 8:35 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DKS
Notoriously tough???? what does that mean I am just in the process of sending them an email about the process. Do you have any knowledge of the % of applications they might turn down?? I am quite surprised at the application fee too - $360!
AIM is a very difficult assessment. It is meant for very senior management and if it were me I would consider the services of a reputable migration agent who is versed with AIM. Alan Collett from GoMatilda is an accountant as well as owner/principal agent, so I would probably consider contacting him.

Alternately, you can try applying to Vetassess for an occupation which is closely related to yours but might be easier to pass. That's really where an good agent comes in.

Have you had a read of the AIM website for what you need?
Old Feb 8th 2010, 8:39 am
DKS
Just Joined

AIM is a very difficult assessment. It is meant for very senior management and if it were me I would consider the services of a reputable migration agent who is versed with AIM. Alan Collett from GoMatilda is an accountant as well as owner/principal agent, so I would probably consider contacting him.

Alternately, you can try applying to Vetassess for an occupation which is closely related to yours but might be easier to pass. That's really where an good agent comes in.

Have you had a read of the AIM website for what you need?
I'm hoping that being a CIPD Fellow (Australian equiv = FAHRI) and having director level experience would stand me in good stead - but your scaring me now ..... all this and then I have to find a job!!!! do you have alan collett email and web address. I dont know much about agents???

I suppose I would like to hope that VETassess is my second resort...
Old Feb 8th 2010, 8:47 am
Still alive

Originally Posted by DKS
I'm hoping that being a CIPD Fellow (Australian equiv = FAHRI) and having director level experience would stand me in good stead - but your scaring me now ..... all this and then I have to find a job!!!! do you have alan collett email and web address. I dont know much about agents???

I suppose I would like to hope that VETassess is my second resort...
Google GoMatilda and you will find him. I'm not meaning to scare you at all, just letting you know that AIM is one of the more difficult skills assessments.
Old Feb 8th 2010, 9:06 am
DKS
Just Joined

Google GoMatilda and you will find him. I'm not meaning to scare you at all, just letting you know that AIM is one of the more difficult skills assessments.
Thanks for this - I have been on the go matilda website and made an enquiry - I am just in the initial stages of wanting to emigrate but I can see why people may give up it seems so complex - I feel like a very tiny fish in a great big sea of information I know nothing about!!
Old Feb 8th 2010, 9:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by DKS
Thanks for this - I have been on the go matilda website and made an enquiry - I am just in the initial stages of wanting to emigrate but I can see why people may give up it seems so complex - I feel like a very tiny fish in a great big sea of information I know nothing about!!

it is daunting at first, but will start to make sense soon enough.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.