Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Human Resource contacts Queensland

Human Resource contacts Queensland

Old Jan 13th 2006, 7:32 am
BE Enthusiast

jonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to all
Default Human Resource contacts Queensland

Is there anyone out there who could PM me contact email address for HR departments in Queensland companies who may be willing to share current operating policies in relation to Performance management, disciplinary and terminations of employment as I am trying to learn this prior to coming out.

I have been lucky to get lots of information employment law but just need to understand its context in relation to acceptable practice under the legislation

In the uk before we dismiss someone with over 12 months service we must issue a number of written warning if not it is deem unfair by the tribunal service, Is this the same in Queensland. What constituted unfair dismissal out there.

Just need a sounding block out there who can point me in the right direction

Regards

Jon

Last edited by jonjon; Jan 13th 2006 at 8:39 am. Reason: typo
Old Jan 13th 2006, 8:39 am
BE Enthusiast

jonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to all
Default Re: Human Resource contacts Queensland

Originally Posted by jonjon
Is there anyone out there who could PM me contact email address for HR departments in Queensland companies who may be willing to share current operating policies in relation to Performance management, disciplinary and terminations of employment as I am trying to learn this prior to coming out.

I have been lucky to get lots of information employment law but just need to understand its context in relation to acceptable practice under the legislation

In the uk before we dismiss someone with over 12 months service we must issue a number of written warning if not it is deem unfair by the tribunal service, Is this the same in Queensland. What constituted unfair dismissal out there.

Just need a sounding block out there who can point me in the right direction

Regards

Jon
can anyone please help !!!!!!!
Old Jan 13th 2006, 2:26 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Try browsing through some of this -

http://www.qld.gov.au/services_for_q...dex.html?ref=h
Old Jan 13th 2006, 7:22 pm
Forum Regular

angela&rob is a jewel in the roughangela&rob is a jewel in the roughangela&rob is a jewel in the roughangela&rob is a jewel in the roughangela&rob is a jewel in the rough

You can dismiss someone instantly without issuing warnings and it wouldn't be unfair dismissal if the dismissal was because of gross misconduct - like decking your colleague because they made rubbish tea.

In the UK, HR professionals use the CIPD. In Oz they have a similar organisation which is called the Australian Human Resources Institute and you can get info on www.ahri.com.au

You do have to join in the same way as the CIPD to get info but if you need up to date HR info, then its worth it

Hope that helps

Angela
HR Manager and Perth citizen in 3 days!!!
Old Jan 13th 2006, 7:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by angela&rob
You can dismiss someone instantly without issuing warnings and it wouldn't be unfair dismissal if the dismissal was because of gross misconduct - like decking your colleague because they made rubbish tea.

In the UK, HR professionals use the CIPD. In Oz they have a similar organisation which is called the Australian Human Resources Institute and you can get info on www.ahri.com.au

You do have to join in the same way as the CIPD to get info but if you need up to date HR info, then its worth it

Hope that helps

Angela
Hi angela&rob

This is just what I was looking for, I have worked within Hr for the last 10 years within the uk and am member of the cipd. I have just started looking in oz law as we a planning on coming out at the end of the year all being well.

I have down loaded loads of information on the work place act 1996 and work choice and have several very useful sites.

However as your are aware with uk legislation like the dispute resolutions out of contact with no starting base line it is hard to get a handle on the starting point and how it related to operating best practice. I know when I did my first few representations at tribunal to defend claims of unfair dismissal it was surprising how easy it was to fall fowl of a technicality.

I would welcome to opportunity to discuss operating practices and procedure with you in greater depth if you are happy to do so

What’s your back ground. How did you find your role,

What are the main barriers I will face coming out there if I choose to stay within HR

Good luck in your role great link and I look forward to hearing from you

Regards

Jon

Last edited by jonjon; Jan 13th 2006 at 8:22 pm.
Old Jan 13th 2006, 7:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Try browsing through some of this -

http://www.qld.gov.au/services_for_q...dex.html?ref=h
many thanks for the link and gain just what i was looking for

many thanks

jon
Old Jan 13th 2006, 8:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hope that helps

Angela
Sorry to keep bothering you but another couple of thoughts

How did you get your skills assessed did you go via the AIM or vetassess

Have you joined the AHRI if so at what level
Old Jan 13th 2006, 8:30 pm
Forum Regular

angela&rob is a jewel in the roughangela&rob is a jewel in the roughangela&rob is a jewel in the roughangela&rob is a jewel in the roughangela&rob is a jewel in the rough
Wink Re: Human Resource contacts Queensland

was vetasses and no haven't joined AHRI yet but plan to when I get there so I can get the magazine with all the jobs in.
Old Jan 13th 2006, 8:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

was vetasses and no haven't joined AHRI yet but plan to when I get there so I can get the magazine with all the jobs in.
whats your back ground and how did you find you new role

how good is you oz employment law, how did you find your information out, where about are you from

you will by the sounds of it already have much more information than me as i am just starting out on the process. but if you want me to pm you the links i have found just let me know