Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

HUGE HUGE FAVOUR..

HUGE HUGE FAVOUR..

Old May 4th 2010, 11:11 am
Just Joined

lizzy27 is a jewel in the roughlizzy27 is a jewel in the roughlizzy27 is a jewel in the roughlizzy27 is a jewel in the rough
Default HUGE HUGE FAVOUR..

Hi,
I have a massive favour to ask someone who is shipping their contents to OZ. When we emigrated 2 years ago, I left my beautiful Silvecross pram cuz I was not planning anymore kids.. Alas, that has changed, and I am desperate for my pram.. I was hoping and praying that someone who is shipping a crate, might be kind enough to allow my pram to travel with your goods. Its all boxed up, but I am happy for you to check the contents ;-) I would be most grateful. I know you are probably thinking, buy a pram here, but they dont make prams like they do in the UK and I am desperate for it..

Please let me know and I will have it sent all packed to your house..
Old May 4th 2010, 11:20 am
Devil's Advocate

EvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: HUGE HUGE FAVOUR..

Originally Posted by lizzy27
Hi,

I am desperate for it..
Obviously! Thats what you got you into this predicament!

Sorry, couldn't resist! Hope someone helps you out.
Old May 4th 2010, 11:31 am
Just Joined

lizzy27 is a jewel in the roughlizzy27 is a jewel in the roughlizzy27 is a jewel in the roughlizzy27 is a jewel in the rough

hahahaha..... nice 1 :-)
Old May 4th 2010, 11:37 am
Just Joined

anyone?
Old May 4th 2010, 11:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Gems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond repute

Totally understand your predicament. Aussie prams are awful.

If you cant get anyone it might be worth trying these places.

Ive heard these couriers are ok to ship parcels and very quick. Aussie mums ship new prams from the UK using these companies.

The actually use DHL and prams have been delivered in 3-5 days! You can just input the size of box etc on the website for estimate.

http://www.parcelmonkey.co.uk/
http://www.parcel2go.com/

Gems
Old May 4th 2010, 11:46 am
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute

Frankly, anyone would be nuts to assist. I'm sure that you're completely genuine and honest and really, really need your pram - but there are just too many hollow tubes in a pram that could conceal all sorts of illicit substances.

It's a huge risk that no-one in their right mind would take, in order to - what? - help a stranger on the internet?
Old May 4th 2010, 11:52 am
Just Joined

Are you seriously suggesting that Iam trying to import drugs?? Its just typical that someone so cynical has to hijack a perfectly legit thread.. If you dont have anything positive to say, please start your own pessimistic down on ppl thread..

I simply am pregnant and I want my pram.. Simple
Old May 4th 2010, 11:57 am
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NickyC
I'm sure that you're completely genuine and honest and really, really need your pram - but there are just too many hollow tubes in a pram that could conceal all sorts of illicit substances.

well there goes that idea.
Old May 4th 2010, 11:58 am
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute

Are you seriously suggesting that Iam trying to import drugs?? Its just typical that someone so cynical has to hijack a perfectly legit thread.. If you dont have anything positive to say, please start your own pessimistic down on ppl thread..

No I'm not suggesting that you're trying to import anything other than a pram.

BUT we don't know you. You've only just joined the forum - purely to make this request, it seems. You could be anyone. And if you WERE trying to import something you shouldn't - and what a wonderful way to do it. Get someone else to ship it, store it and take the rap if it all goes bad.

If anyone does offer to help you, then they have rocks in their head.
Old May 4th 2010, 12:01 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

C'omn guys, calm down

To the original poster - you must admit, its an unusual first post, might have been taken easier if you were a longer established poster, as many of us do favours for each other, but when no-one really knows you I can understand some people being a little suspicious.
Thats not to say that you won't find someone on here that can help you out once people get to know you more.
Perhaps introduce yourself a little more? Welcome to BE - Whereabouts in Australia are you? Whereabouts is the pram?
Old May 4th 2010, 12:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

You could probably get your folks to pack it up in a parcel and get it couriered out here just like people get their bikes sent over. You may not have liked the comment above but it is quite right, I doubt anyone in their right mind would do it for you, you may be a very nice and honest person but it is far too risky - heck they even grill you on whether you packed your own cases these days.

Good luck with your pregnancy, I hope you get your pram!
Old May 4th 2010, 12:04 pm
locked in the attic

rosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond repute

..said Carlos the 62 year old crack whore, albino pimp...
Old May 4th 2010, 12:08 pm
Just Joined

Hi,
I have been member of pomsinoz for a long time, but unfortuantely I seem to be missing ppl and theyve alreay had shippers come etc.. So, that is why I thought I would joing another forum. I live in Sydney and my pram is in Wakefield at a friends house.

If you all just assume I need to be a hardened british expats member to ask a favour, then fine. Im sorry that you all think Im looking for someone to smuggle drugs for me..

Ill kindly as the mderators to shut the post down. I dont need anymore ppl jumping down my throat accusing me of things.
Old May 4th 2010, 12:15 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

No one has accused you of anything but simply pointing out the possible chances that you are not legit. None of us know you so we can't possibly know if your straight up or not. Hell, the way forums work we don't even know if you're a pregnant woman for sure.

Don't take offence by hearing the facts. You know you're legit, no one else does. I have done favours for people I've not met but they've never consisted of having their goods in my luggage - there's a reason why customs ask if you've packed your own bags at the airport. Think of it from your angle - can you trust a complete stranger to bring your pram and give it to you when or if it arrives? They could decide to keep it and you'd have little comeback.

I hope you find some way of getting the pram here, some people have given you some good suggestions which would be worth following up on. I shipped a couple of crates over after I'd been here a while. I used Seven Seas and was very pleased. As your pram is obviously with someone you know, they could easily organise it for you.

Good luck with it.
Old May 4th 2010, 12:24 pm
Just Joined

fine fine ok.. sorry for asking..

MODS please close the thread.. I really dont need anyone else jumping on the drug badwagon,

thank you

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.