huge bags

Old Nov 7th 2007, 10:57 am
Forum Regular

platapus is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile huge bags

I read ages ago about certain airlines giving a bigger allowance if you are in possession of a visa?

Is this true & which ones?

Thank you
Old Nov 7th 2007, 11:02 am
BE Forum Addict

scrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud of
Default Re: huge bags

Originally Posted by platapus
I read ages ago about certain airlines giving a bigger allowance if you are in possession of a visa?

Is this true & which ones?

Thank you
Singapore and Quantas as far as I know. You have to contact them and get it in writing/email though and you can only use it on your first flight out.

If you plan on validating and returning to UK you will not get the allowance on your second flight..

Trish
Old Nov 7th 2007, 11:07 am
Forum Regular

Thank you.Do you know how much more we get?
Old Nov 7th 2007, 11:09 am
BE Forum Addict

scrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by platapus
Thank you.Do you know how much more we get?

You should get 40kg each however I have heard that if you fly via the USA you get 46kg each.

Try on the Australia thread maybe someone on there knows more.

Trish
Old Nov 7th 2007, 1:58 pm
South Yarra Sheila

JoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scrum
Singapore and Quantas as far as I know. You have to contact them and get it in writing/email though and you can only use it on your first flight out.

If you plan on validating and returning to UK you will not get the allowance on your second flight..

Trish
It's def not Qantas-I am flying with them and we are only getting their usual 20k each Singapore and Emirates double it on 1st trip.

British Airways better than Qantas at 23k & a better set up as regards excess baggage where they charge you a set amount rather than Qantas who charge and extortionate amount per extra kilo. Be careful if booking with British Airways tho as you think you've got 23k as we did and then after paying find Qantas are operating the flight anyway and you've only got 20...
Old Nov 7th 2007, 4:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

sals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to all

Lots of them do it but you have to be validating your visa and you can't have a stopover!
We go January, migrate, validate and one way all at the same time but because we have a stop off in Bali we can't claim extra baggage allowance!
Old Nov 7th 2007, 4:39 pm
Forum Regular

Cheers
Old Nov 7th 2007, 5:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

We fly on 26th with singapore and i have an email confirming that so long as it is the first time the visa has been used we can take 40kg each though each bag must not exceed 32kg. I was told to print out the email and present it with my passports containing our lovely visas
Old Nov 7th 2007, 8:18 pm
Forum Regular

Wilpurina is just really niceWilpurina is just really niceWilpurina is just really niceWilpurina is just really niceWilpurina is just really niceWilpurina is just really niceWilpurina is just really niceWilpurina is just really nice

we're flying on the 17th with Air NZ via LAX to Melbourne as I have Oz passport and OH has validated his visa already - I'm pretty sure that all flights via US are 2 bags each upto 23Kg but Air NZ definitely is.