HSBC question

Old Apr 12th 2006, 3:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

cadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of light
Default HSBC question

My assuror/sponsor i.e. my cousin has informed me that I can now get my bond money back (it's been 2 years and I'm still in the UK). A$ 5000.

So, she wants me to open an australian bank account so that she can transfer the money into it from her bank online. She apparently can't get into the bank during the day and can't do an international transfer (i.e. aus dollars to pounds) online. So I'm looking into opening an oz HSBC account as I have one here.

My question is - will I be able to get the cash sent back to the UK HSBC account from my HSBC account in Oz or can I only transfer cash to the oz account until I get there and "open" it in person?

If not, anyone have any suggestions? getting my cousin to do anything that puts her out doesn't seem to be an option

BTW - the money is to be used for flights/stopover when we actually make the move so we need it here. Would it be beneficial for my credit rating etc. to leave it in the HSBC in Oz and use money from the house sale here to pay for flights/stopover?

andy
Old Apr 12th 2006, 3:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: HSBC question

Originally Posted by cadman
My assuror/sponsor i.e. my cousin has informed me that I can now get my bond money back (it's been 2 years and I'm still in the UK). A$ 5000.

So, she wants me to open an australian bank account so that she can transfer the money into it from her bank online. She apparently can't get into the bank during the day and can't do an international transfer (i.e. aus dollars to pounds) online. So I'm looking into opening an oz HSBC account as I have one here.

My question is - will I be able to get the cash sent back to the UK HSBC account from my HSBC account in Oz or can I only transfer cash to the oz account until I get there and "open" it in person?

If not, anyone have any suggestions? getting my cousin to do anything that puts her out doesn't seem to be an option

BTW - the money is to be used for flights/stopover when we actually make the move so we need it here. Would it be beneficial for my credit rating etc. to leave it in the HSBC in Oz and use money from the house sale here to pay for flights/stopover?

andy
She could open a oxforex account online and transfer it to you that way.
Old Apr 12th 2006, 6:05 pm
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

andy
Yes, you can. Wjen you open an HSBC AU account, they send you a cheque book, from which you can write cheques on that account. I've found this very useful as I have been able to write cheques for things like registration fees etc.

So anyway, you can book a rate with a currency broker, and simply write them a cheque for the balance when it becomes due. You may need to confirm with them that you will be using a cheque though, as there may be delays with postage etc.

Hope that helps.

S
Old Apr 12th 2006, 9:24 pm
Just Joined

spiritguide is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Re: HSBC question

andy
Hi ( please help )

Can anyone tell me if your credit rating is needed to gain a perm res visa for Oz ??

Do emigration agents/DIMIA ring up old employers or are references ample providing they show the required data ??

Do you take your credit scoring from uk with you ??

Once in oz would the aussie`s ask for my credit score from uk for anything or do you kind of start again a fresh ??

Do they check inland revenue tax/figures ??

I`d have £30K to take or transfer over to oz when i went

One more

Has anybody got or had experience relating to the strictness of the 12 mnth prior proof of de facto before applying . Are the ways round meeting the full 12 months, any info would be great...

Spiritguide

Last edited by spiritguide; Apr 12th 2006 at 10:03 pm.
Old Apr 12th 2006, 9:40 pm
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spiritguide
Hi ( please help )

Can anyone tell me if your credit rating is needed to gain a perm res visa for Oz ??

Do emigration agents/DIMIA ring up old employers or are references ample providing they show the required data ??

Do you take your credit scoring from uk with you ??

Once in oz would the aussie`s ask for my credit score from uk for anything or do you kind of start again a fresh ??

Do they check inland revenue tax/figures ??

I`d have £30K to take or transfer over to oz when i went

One more

Has anybody got or had experience relating to the strictness of the 12 mnth prior proof of de facto before applying . Are the ways round meeting the full 12 months, any info would be great...

Spiritguide
Wirral
Questions, questions. Well here goes, as far as I know, so if I'm wrong anyone then let me know, but in a nice and friendly way

Q. Can anyone tell me if your credit rating is needed to gain a perm res visa for Oz ??
A. No

Q. Do emigration agents/DIMIA ring up old employers or are references ample providing they show the required data ??
A. Yes, sometimes. Best to assume that they do. Yes then.

Q. Do you take your credit scoring from uk with you ??
A. No.

Q. Once in oz would the aussie`s ask for my credit score from uk for anything or do you kind of start again a fresh ??
A. Start Fresh

Q. Do they check inland revenue tax/figures ??

Statement: I`d have £30K to take or transfer over to oz when i went
Reply: Lucky you!

Q. Has anybody got or had experience relating to the strictness of the 12 mnth prior proof of de facto before applying . Are the ways round meeting the full 12 months, any info would be great...
A. Little experience of this. Depends on individual circumstances. In some cases, there are ways around, but generally I think they are fairly strict. If you don't meet the requirement you will need as much supporting information as you can possibly muster.

Hope this helps.

S
Old Apr 12th 2006, 10:01 pm
Just Joined

Question Re: HSBC question

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
Questions, questions. Well here goes, as far as I know, so if I'm wrong anyone then let me know, but in a nice and friendly way

Q. Can anyone tell me if your credit rating is needed to gain a perm res visa for Oz ??
A. No

Q. Do emigration agents/DIMIA ring up old employers or are references ample providing they show the required data ??

Q. Do you take your credit scoring from uk with you ??
A. No.

Q. Once in oz would the aussie`s ask for my credit score from uk for anything or do you kind of start again a fresh ??
A. Start Fresh

Q. Do they check inland revenue tax/figures ??

Statement: I`d have £30K to take or transfer over to oz when i went
Reply: Lucky you!

Q. Has anybody got or had experience relating to the strictness of the 12 mnth prior proof of de facto before applying . Are the ways round meeting the full 12 months, any info would be great...
A. Little experience of this. Depends on individual circumstances. In some cases, there are ways around, but generally I think they are fairly strict. If you don't meet the requirement you will need as much supporting information as you can possibly muster.

Hope this helps.

S
Hi

Cheers for the info brill, thats more questions answered.

I forgot one though

If we got married in May, then applied for visa in the july/august would that any good or would we need evidence that we were engaged, and again is there a rule about how long you need to be married for before applying. Or would a marriage certifificate suffice ????

Spiritguide
Old Apr 12th 2006, 10:10 pm
has lost The Game

Hi

Cheers for the info brill, thats more questions answered.

I forgot one though

If we got married in May, then applied for visa in the july/august would that any good or would we need evidence that we were engaged, and again is there a rule about how long you need to be married for before applying. Or would a marriage certifificate suffice ????

Spiritguide
I'm not an expert, but I seem to recall that if it is a recent marriage, then you may still have to prove that you have had a long term relationship in the run up to it. I may be wrong, but that was my interpretation of others that have posted with similar circumstances.

Remember that the 12 month rule applies to the minimum time that you need to have been *living together* You need to effectively prove that you have been living together for at least 12 months before applying. Ideally, you will have other information from before the time that you moved in together. This will include stuff like joint bills, joint rent agreements, joint travel documents, record of phone calls made to each other, photos of you and you OH doing stuff, affidavits from friends and families to attest that you have been in a comitted, loving relationship.

How many months short are you?

I did embark on this route with my ex GF some years ago. We just didn't have enough evidence, so she applied on her own behalf for skilled independent. Then we split up. Doh.

S
Old Apr 12th 2006, 10:26 pm
Just Joined

Red face Re: HSBC question

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
I'm not an expert, but I seem to recall that if it is a recent marriage, then you may still have to prove that you have had a long term relationship in the run up to it. I may be wrong, but that was my interpretation of others that have posted with similar circumstances.

Remember that the 12 month rule applies to the minimum time that you need to have been *living together* You need to effectively prove that you have been living together for at least 12 months before applying. Ideally, you will have other information from before the time that you moved in together. This will include stuff like joint bills, joint rent agreements, joint travel documents, record of phone calls made to each other, photos of you and you OH doing stuff, affidavits from friends and families to attest that you have been in a comitted, loving relationship.

How many months short are you?

I did embark on this route with my ex GF some years ago. We just didn't have enough evidence, so she applied on her own behalf for skilled independent. Then we split up. Doh.

S

S

Firstly am impressed that this website is lively, and your quick responses to calm the old nerves from another days worry. much appreciated.

Weve lived together for 14 months in my partners rented accom, my mortgaged house has been up for sale since last oct and still is. But coz i have all my own bills in my name at my house, its hard to have them running in joint names at both addresses. ie. council tax its only the last month that weve opened a joint bank account and put my name on her utility bills.

Cheers
Old Apr 12th 2006, 10:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

gina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond repute

S

Firstly am impressed that this website is lively, and your quick responses to calm the old nerves from another days worry. much appreciated.

Weve lived together for 14 months in my partners rented accom, my mortgaged house has been up for sale since last oct and still is. But coz i have all my own bills in my name at my house, its hard to have them running in joint names at both addresses. ie. council tax its only the last month that weve opened a joint bank account and put my name on her utility bills.

Cheers

as s says thats right were you thinking of going?

hugs geex
Old Apr 12th 2006, 10:34 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by gina
as s says thats right were you thinking of going?

hugs geex
Hi Gee

I dont understand your question.

Spg