Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

HSBC Online Savings Account

HSBC Online Savings Account

Old Feb 13th 2004, 11:44 am
TOB
Forum Regular

TOB is an unknown quantity at this point

Just got off the phone to HSBC Int Banking Centre in London. I phoned them to get some help with some forms for opening an AUS account that were sent to me late last year.

Apparently all the application procedure has changed and the forms I were sent are now no use. Iif you are like me and NOTt a current HSBC customer you now have to open an account here in the UK first. The guy told me to open an account here then in about a month go to my branch and request an Oz account. My branch will them be able to refer me and complete the necessary paperwork.

Hope this helps.

TOB
Old Feb 13th 2004, 12:18 pm
Forum Regular

Andy Pandy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by TOB
Just got off the phone to HSBC Int Banking Centre in London. I phoned them to get some help with some forms for opening an AUS account that were sent to me late last year.

Apparently all the application procedure has changed and the forms I were sent are now no use. Iif you are like me and NOTt a current HSBC customer you now have to open an account here in the UK first. The guy told me to open an account here then in about a month go to my branch and request an Oz account. My branch will them be able to refer me and complete the necessary paperwork.

Hope this helps.

TOB
You can open a online current Australian account with HSBC from any country in the world, I would not bother with HSBC in UK. they are not connected in any special way.
Try www.hsbc.com.au

Andrew
Old Feb 13th 2004, 1:48 pm
Banned

jumbo will become famous soon enoughjumbo will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by Andy Pandy
You can open a online current Australian account with HSBC from any country in the world, I would not bother with HSBC in UK. they are not connected in any special way.
Try www.hsbc.com.au

Andrew
I have been HSBC customer for years and am in the process of setting up an account in Oz for the last month. My local branch manager had never seen a 100 point form in his life and didn't know what to do with it. I had to supply him with the HSBC fax no in Sydney. He kept the verified ID as instructed on the form and I sent off the application form. Reply was that I should send verified ID. When done HSBC Oz came back to say the copy of my wife's driving licence was no good as it did not have her name on it (which of course it did). So back to HSBC branch to get another verified copy which I sent off yesterday.

I expect the A$ to be 2 to the GBP by the time this is set up.
Old Feb 13th 2004, 1:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

sjn2003 is on a distinguished road

Just got off the phone to HSBC London International Banking and the girl said I would be better waiting until I get there and walking into a branch with my passport and open one there.

Could do it from the UK (I am an HSBC customer) but would take approx 5 weeks.