Hsbc

Old Mar 23rd 2006, 3:46 pm
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hsbc

I have a First Direct (HSBC) account here in the UK, which has an 'international bank account' number associated with it. Can I use this account in Australia or would I be better off opening another account in Australia?
Old Mar 23rd 2006, 3:50 pm
Life's a gamble

Suni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hsbc

Originally Posted by iPom
I have a First Direct (HSBC) account here in the UK, which has an 'international bank account' number associated with it. Can I use this account in Australia or would I be better off opening another account in Australia?
I'am sure you will need to open another account in oz as you will no long live in England.
Old Mar 23rd 2006, 3:53 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Suni&Jay
I'am sure you will need to open another account in oz as you will no long live in England.

Why?

My husband will still be working for the same company and his pay will still go into it ... Surely if it has an international account no to use abroad, then we should be able to use it internationally ... shouldn't we?

Maybe I'll give them a ring.
Old Mar 23rd 2006, 4:00 pm
Life's a gamble

Suni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond repute

Why?

My husband will still be working for the same company and his pay will still go into it ... Surely if it has an international account no to use abroad, then we should be able to use it internationally ... shouldn't we?

I supose for the same reason credit card companies won't let you keep CC once you move.
The international acc No. I guess is just to trace the account back to the country?
Will he be getting paid in $ or £
Old Mar 23rd 2006, 4:02 pm
Lovin it!!!!!!!!!

somedogsdo is a name known to allsomedogsdo is a name known to allsomedogsdo is a name known to allsomedogsdo is a name known to allsomedogsdo is a name known to allsomedogsdo is a name known to allsomedogsdo is a name known to allsomedogsdo is a name known to allsomedogsdo is a name known to allsomedogsdo is a name known to allsomedogsdo is a name known to all

Why?

I can help on this one, cause i am currently sorting out myself.

HSBC do have international branches but they are not associated with each other, sort of speak. anyway they are very helpful if you ring the international helpline and will send you all the application forms, all you do then is go to your local branch and get them to verify, but there are again lots of paper work ( just when you thought you had done enough).

but they arrived very quickly after i rang for advice and am now starting to sort it all out.

good luck with yours try this number i'm not sure if its the one i rang but its on the web 0800 783 7011

Paula
Old Mar 23rd 2006, 4:04 pm
sunseekers

sunseekers is a name known to allsunseekers is a name known to allsunseekers is a name known to allsunseekers is a name known to allsunseekers is a name known to allsunseekers is a name known to allsunseekers is a name known to allsunseekers is a name known to allsunseekers is a name known to allsunseekers is a name known to allsunseekers is a name known to all

We have recently opened an account with HSBC in the UK and we have done this because we want to use them in Australia, you can only open an over seas account with them if you are an existing customer if you go into your local hsbc they will give you a telephone number to request an application form and you can only get this if you are a customer I think its easier to set up an account before getting there hope this helps
Old Mar 23rd 2006, 4:09 pm
Life's a gamble

You can open account's with banks like ANZ on line, but the only problem is that they will let you make payments in but won't let you make payments out until you have gone there in person with ID and an address in oz to 'open' the account
Old Mar 23rd 2006, 4:18 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by somedogsdo
I can help on this one, cause i am currently sorting out myself.

HSBC do have international branches but they are not associated with each other, sort of speak. anyway they are very helpful if you ring the international helpline and will send you all the application forms, all you do then is go to your local branch and get them to verify, but there are again lots of paper work ( just when you thought you had done enough).

but they arrived very quickly after i rang for advice and am now starting to sort it all out.

good luck with yours try this number i'm not sure if its the one i rang but its on the web 0800 783 7011

Paula

Thanks Paula. I'll follow it up tomorrow.
Old Mar 23rd 2006, 4:21 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by sunseekers
We have recently opened an account with HSBC in the UK and we have done this because we want to use them in Australia, you can only open an over seas account with them if you are an existing customer if you go into your local hsbc they will give you a telephone number to request an application form and you can only get this if you are a customer I think its easier to set up an account before getting there hope this helps

Thanks... Heck, what's a bit more paperwork.

Old Mar 23rd 2006, 7:59 pm
flirt

stutess has a reputation beyond reputestutess has a reputation beyond reputestutess has a reputation beyond reputestutess has a reputation beyond reputestutess has a reputation beyond reputestutess has a reputation beyond reputestutess has a reputation beyond reputestutess has a reputation beyond reputestutess has a reputation beyond reputestutess has a reputation beyond reputestutess has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Suni&Jay
You can open account's with banks like ANZ on line, but the only problem is that they will let you make payments in but won't let you make payments out until you have gone there in person with ID and an address in oz to 'open' the account
tried to open an account online with ANZ today to be told they have to do a 100point check on you in the bank first,( in australia) so called ANZ in London and they said we had to call Australia regarding this, they couldn't open an account for us!!!!!!!!!
Old Mar 23rd 2006, 8:59 pm
Just Joined

justgothere is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello,

When I moved to Melbourne (8 weeks ago), I intended to transfer my HSBC account from the UK. I contacted the International Banking Division who advised me to go into local branch and get a letter of introduction as I had left it to late to open an Australian account whilst still in the UK. I went to the local branch, who weren't very sure of the procedure, and in the end told me to just turn up at a HSBC Australia branch with passport and 3 months statements.

I did this, but HSBC Australia are controlled by Hong Kong banking regulations and required proof of address before opening an account. I went next door and armed with just a passport (proving I'd been in the country less than 6 weeks) opened an account immediately with WestPac. I'm glad I did really as there are very few HSBC ATMs around, and currently in Australia you pay a fee (only $1.50) for withdrawals from ATMs other than your own.

So in short I don't really see any advantages to staying with HSBC as their website states that your credit rating is not transferred.

Dave
Old Mar 23rd 2006, 9:15 pm
flirt

stutess has a reputation beyond reputestutess has a reputation beyond reputestutess has a reputation beyond reputestutess has a reputation beyond reputestutess has a reputation beyond reputestutess has a reputation beyond reputestutess has a reputation beyond reputestutess has a reputation beyond reputestutess has a reputation beyond reputestutess has a reputation beyond reputestutess has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by justgothere
Hello,

When I moved to Melbourne (8 weeks ago), I intended to transfer my HSBC account from the UK. I contacted the International Banking Division who advised me to go into local branch and get a letter of introduction as I had left it to late to open an Australian account whilst still in the UK. I went to the local branch, who weren't very sure of the procedure, and in the end told me to just turn up at a HSBC Australia branch with passport and 3 months statements.

I did this, but HSBC Australia are controlled by Hong Kong banking regulations and required proof of address before opening an account. I went next door and armed with just a passport (proving I'd been in the country less than 6 weeks) opened an account immediately with WestPac. I'm glad I did really as there are very few HSBC ATMs around, and currently in Australia you pay a fee (only $1.50) for withdrawals from ATMs other than your own.

So in short I don't really see any advantages to staying with HSBC as their website states that your credit rating is not transferred.

Dave
B****r that then
Old Mar 23rd 2006, 9:47 pm
Forum Regular

Sical is a jewel in the roughSical is a jewel in the roughSical is a jewel in the roughSical is a jewel in the roughSical is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by stutess
B****r that then

U could try Wespac as u can open an account in uk, It was recommended to me by the guy I spoke to at Ozforex, and he emailed me a migrant banking info pac from wespac, 17 pages tho :scared: ( hope I have attached !) - if not their website is:

http://www.westpac.com.au/internet/p...igrant+banking
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Old Mar 23rd 2006, 9:49 pm
Hillarys, Perth

h2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there
I use First Direct in the UK and HSBC here in Oz.
I call the international number all the time and as an overseas caller you get priority and they answer very quick... they told me that!
You can't give a post code (UK) so you have an international number you quote, then normal security questions.
Using a calling card to call the UK, it's very cheap.
I opened a HSBC account here in Oz so that I can tranfer money easily from the UK from the income from rental prperties. It usually takes a couple of days and there is just a £10 charge per transaction.... last night I got AU$2.389 to the £.

Here's what you need to do to open a HSBC account.
There are strict rules to prove who you are, to help prevent money laundering.

You need to score 100 points to qualify.....

Passport or birth certificate = 70 points
Overseas driving licence = 25 points
Marriage Certificate = 25 points
ATM card = 25 points
Credit card (different bank to ATM) = 25 points

Requirements NO EXCEPTION'S....
Names on all ID to be the same and no initials except middle name
Must include at least 1 ID with photograph
Front and back of driving licence must be photocopied
Front and back of any card must be photocopied
All documents not in English must be translated and certified by HSBC staff.

All document need to be photo copied and certified by HSBC staff and they need to see all names on the account(s) to verify the signatures.

Hope this helps you.
Regards
Neil.
Old Mar 23rd 2006, 9:53 pm
flirt

Originally Posted by Sical
U could try Wespac as u can open an account in uk, It was recommended to me by the guy I spoke to at Ozforex, and he emailed me a migrant banking info pac from wespac, 17 pages tho :scared: ( hope I have attached !) - if not their website is:

http://www.westpac.com.au/internet/p...igrant+banking
thanx will have a look

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.