Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Howdy, advice on return flight date change

Howdy, advice on return flight date change

Old May 14th 2009, 5:30 pm
Banned

Keith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Howdy, advice on return flight date change

Oula,

I am busy looking at flights, was a wondering, i have booked my return flight home, five months after arrival. As we all know by now, me is going for good.

But, just in case i have to return home for a gig or two, i thought it was a good idea to book the return journey, so it is there in my back pocket.

What i need to know is, on my flight listed below with Emirates, can i change the return date, and at what cost? Also if i can, what are the time lines maximum time from initial outward journet etc?

Any experiences? Keith

Mon 28 Sep, 2009
Depart
Manchester (MAN)
Arrive
Dubai (DXB)
Passengers
1 Adult
Class
Economy
Tue 29 Sep, 2009
Depart
Dubai (DXB)
Arrive
Brisbane (BNE)
Passengers
1 Adult
Class
Economy
Wed 03 Feb, 2010
Depart
Brisbane (BNE)
Arrive
Dubai (DXB)
Passengers
1 Adult
Class
Economy
Thu 04 Feb, 2010
Depart
Dubai (DXB)
Arrive
Manchester (MAN)
Passengers
1 Adult
Class
Economy

Fare conditions
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Below are the fare rules for your booking. These apply to all passengers on this itinerary and any charges mentioned apply per passenger. Please note that if more than one fare rule is used to arrive at the fare, the most restrictive condition applies for the entire itinerary. View Fare breakdown for any additional fare condition/information.

Additional departure taxes may also apply at certain airports on this itinerary.
If you have any questions about these rules, please contact your local Emirates office.

Manchester, Manchester International Airport (MAN) - Brisbane, Brisbane International Airport (BNE)
Fare Rules 1

PENALTIES
CHANGES ANY TIME CHARGE GBP 75.00 FOR REISSUE/REVALIDATION. NOTE - FIRST TRAVEL DATE- WHERE CHANGES ARE REQUIRED TO FIRST TRAVEL DATE /UK-DXB/ THE ORIGINAL TICKET MUST BE REISSUED IN EXCHANGE FOR A NEW TICKET. THE ORIGINAL TICKET NUMBER MUST BE SHOWN IN THE /ISSUE IN EXCHANGE FOR / BOX OF THE NEW TICKET. FOR PAPER TICKETS THE NEW TICKET NUMBER MUST BE WRITTEN ON THE ORIGINAL TICKET COUPONS AND THE ORIGINAL TICKET COUPONS MUST THEN BE ATTACHED TO THE AUDIT COUPON OF THE NEW TICKET ISSUED. ------------------------ ANY TIME WITHIN THE VALIDITY OF THE TICKET THESE FARES CAN BE UPGRADED TO ANY HIGHER FARE FROM THE POINT OF ORIGIN PROVIDED THE CONDITIONS OF THE HIGHER FARE HAVE BEEN MET. IF THE UPGRADED TICKET IS SUBSEQUENTLY CANCELLED THE ORIGINAL PENALTY WILL APPLY. ----------------------- COMMISSION NOT APPLICABLE. ----------------------- REBOOKING AND REISSUE ARE TO BE DONE BY THE ORIGINAL ISSUING AGENT OR EK OFFICE ONLY. ----------------------- CHANGES- BEFORE DEPARTURE - PERMITTED AT GBP 75 TICKET MUST BE REISSUE IN EXCHANGE FOR ORIGINAL TICKET AND COLLECT ADC WHERE APPLICABLE IF CHANGES ARE MADE AFTER EXPIRY OF SPECIAL OFFER THEN FARE MUST BE RAISED TO THE THE ANNUAL FARE CONTRACT AND CHARGE THE DIFFERENCE WITH DATE CHANGE FEE. CANCELLATIONS BEFORE DEPARTURE CHARGE GBP 200.00 FOR REFUND. AFTER DEPARTURE TICKET IS NON-REFUNDABLE.

STOPOVERS
6 STOPOVERS PERMITTED LIMITED TO 4 FREE AND 2 AT GBP 75.00 EACH. 1 FREE IN DXB IN EACH DIRECTION 2 FREE AT ANY OTHER POINT 2 AT GBP 75.00 EACH.

FLIGHT APPLIC
THE FARE COMPONENT MUST NOT BE ON ONE OR MORE OF THE FOLLOWING EK FLIGHTS 6220 THROUGH 6221 EK FLIGHTS 6200 THROUGH 6203 BD FLIGHTS 2500 THROUGH 4999 EK FLIGHTS 6670 THROUGH 6671 EK FLIGHTS 6680 THROUGH 6681. AND IF THE FARE COMPONENT INCLUDES TRAVEL WITHIN UNITED KINGDOM THEN THAT TRAVEL MUST BE ON ONE OR MORE OF THE FOLLOWING ANY BE FLIGHT ANY BD FLIGHT. AND THE FARE COMPONENT MUST INCLUDE TRAVEL BETWEEN UNITED KINGDOM AND DXB ON ONE OR MORE OF THE FOLLOWING ANY EK FLIGHT OPERATED BY EK. AND THE FARE COMPONENT MUST INCLUDE TRAVEL BETWEEN DXB AND AREA 3 ON ONE OR MORE OF THE FOLLOWING ANY EK FLIGHT OPERATED BY EK. AND IF THE FARE COMPONENT INCLUDES TRAVEL WITHIN AREA 3 THEN THAT TRAVEL MUST BE ON ONE OR MORE OF THE FOLLOWING ANY EK FLIGHT OPERATED BY EK.

SEASONS
PERMITTED 24MAR THROUGH 30JUN OR 11AUG THROUGH 09DEC ON THE FIRST INTERNATIONAL SECTOR.

MINIMUM STAY
ANY EK FLIGHT OPERATED BY EK. SEASONS PERMITTED 24MAR THROUGH 30JUN OR 11AUG THROUGH 09DEC ON THE FIRST INTERNATIONAL SECTOR.

MAXIMUM STAY
TRAVEL FROM LAST INTERNATIONAL STOPOVER MUST COMMENCE NO LATER THAN 12 MONTHS AFTER DEPARTURE FROM FARE ORIGIN.

BLACKOUTS
NO BLA RESTRICTION

Fare Rules 2

PENALTIES
CHANGES ANY TIME CHARGE GBP 75.00 FOR REISSUE/REVALIDATION. NOTE - FIRST TRAVEL DATE- WHERE CHANGES ARE REQUIRED TO FIRST TRAVEL DATE /UK-DXB/ THE ORIGINAL TICKET MUST BE REISSUED IN EXCHANGE FOR A NEW TICKET. THE ORIGINAL TICKET NUMBER MUST BE SHOWN IN THE /ISSUE IN EXCHANGE FOR / BOX OF THE NEW TICKET. FOR PAPER TICKETS THE NEW TICKET NUMBER MUST BE WRITTEN ON THE ORIGINAL TICKET COUPONS AND THE ORIGINAL TICKET COUPONS MUST THEN BE ATTACHED TO THE AUDIT COUPON OF THE NEW TICKET ISSUED. ------------------------ ANY TIME WITHIN THE VALIDITY OF THE TICKET THESE FARES CAN BE UPGRADED TO ANY HIGHER FARE FROM THE POINT OF ORIGIN PROVIDED THE CONDITIONS OF THE HIGHER FARE HAVE BEEN MET. IF THE UPGRADED TICKET IS SUBSEQUENTLY CANCELLED THE ORIGINAL PENALTY WILL APPLY. ----------------------- COMMISSION NOT APPLICABLE. ----------------------- REBOOKING AND REISSUE ARE TO BE DONE BY THE ORIGINAL ISSUING AGENT OR EK OFFICE ONLY. ----------------------- CHANGES- BEFORE DEPARTURE - PERMITTED AT GBP 75 TICKET MUST BE REISSUE IN EXCHANGE FOR ORIGINAL TICKET AND COLLECT ADC WHERE APPLICABLE IF CHANGES ARE MADE AFTER EXPIRY OF SPECIAL OFFER THEN FARE MUST BE RAISED TO THE THE ANNUAL FARE CONTRACT AND CHARGE THE DIFFERENCE WITH DATE CHANGE FEE. CANCELLATIONS BEFORE DEPARTURE CHARGE GBP 200.00 FOR REFUND. AFTER DEPARTURE TICKET IS NON-REFUNDABLE.

STOPOVERS
6 STOPOVERS PERMITTED LIMITED TO 4 FREE AND 2 AT GBP 75.00 EACH. 1 FREE IN DXB IN EACH DIRECTION 2 FREE AT ANY OTHER POINT 2 AT GBP 75.00 EACH.

FLIGHT APPLIC
THE FARE COMPONENT MUST NOT BE ON ONE OR MORE OF THE FOLLOWING EK FLIGHTS 6220 THROUGH 6221 EK FLIGHTS 6200 THROUGH 6203 BD FLIGHTS 2500 THROUGH 4999 EK FLIGHTS 6670 THROUGH 6671 EK FLIGHTS 6680 THROUGH 6681. AND IF THE FARE COMPONENT INCLUDES TRAVEL WITHIN UNITED KINGDOM THEN THAT TRAVEL MUST BE ON ONE OR MORE OF THE FOLLOWING ANY BE FLIGHT ANY BD FLIGHT. AND THE FARE COMPONENT MUST INCLUDE TRAVEL BETWEEN UNITED KINGDOM AND DXB ON ONE OR MORE OF THE FOLLOWING ANY EK FLIGHT OPERATED BY EK. AND THE FARE COMPONENT MUST INCLUDE TRAVEL BETWEEN DXB AND AREA 3 ON ONE OR MORE OF THE FOLLOWING ANY EK FLIGHT OPERATED BY EK. AND IF THE FARE COMPONENT INCLUDES TRAVEL WITHIN AREA 3 THEN THAT TRAVEL MUST BE ON ONE OR MORE OF THE FOLLOWING ANY EK FLIGHT OPERATED BY EK.

SEASONS
PERMITTED 24MAR THROUGH 30JUN OR 11AUG THROUGH 09DEC ON THE FIRST INTERNATIONAL SECTOR.

MINIMUM STAY
ANY EK FLIGHT OPERATED BY EK. SEASONS PERMITTED 24MAR THROUGH 30JUN OR 11AUG THROUGH 09DEC ON THE FIRST INTERNATIONAL SECTOR.

MAXIMUM STAY
TRAVEL FROM LAST INTERNATIONAL STOPOVER MUST COMMENCE NO LATER THAN 12 MONTHS AFTER DEPARTURE FROM FARE ORIGIN.

BLACKOUTS
NO BLA RESTRICTION
Old May 14th 2009, 9:08 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Howdy, advice on return flight date change

Dude, actually read the penalties and fare conditions you copied directly into your post. Its there along with the maximum stay condition.............
Old May 14th 2009, 9:15 pm
Banned

Keith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Centurion
Dude, actually read the penalties and fare conditions you copied directly into your post. Its there along with the maximum stay condition.............

This Dudes gone tonight!

<<snip>>

Nope still herePMSL

I grew up once,i hated it, i went back to being a Galaxy Dancer!!!!

Last edited by Pollyana; May 15th 2009 at 3:05 am. Reason: Not sure whether its spam or just ramblings, but etiher way it smacks of breach of copyright
Old May 14th 2009, 10:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Wouldn't it have been easier just to ring Emirates & ask?

Have you booked one or two tickets?
Old May 15th 2009, 1:39 am
West is best!

oz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to all

If you booked directly with Emirates then as far as I'm aware you can change the return date anytime at no extra cost providing the same cost fare is available. I have recently done this and it was no problem at all just phone them up and ask.
Old May 15th 2009, 4:31 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by oz bound
If you booked directly with Emirates then as far as I'm aware you can change the return date anytime at no extra cost providing the same cost fare is available. I have recently done this and it was no problem at all just phone them up and ask.
Changes to any airline ticket depend on the terms and conditions for that particular class of ticket - often cheaper tickets have more restrictions. AS the OP posted his terms and conditions above, he has in fact posted his own answer!
Old May 15th 2009, 8:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Damson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond repute

I booked Emirates online and made a mistake (I booked a return of 30 August instead of 30 July), rang up the following day when I realised I'd made a mistake. They charged £300 to change the date and because the August flight was more expensive than the July one I copped for an extra £800. £1100 lost for pressing the wrong key - I would STRONGLY suggest speaking to them direct and don't assume that it will be simple.
Old May 15th 2009, 12:23 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Changes to any airline ticket depend on the terms and conditions for that particular class of ticket - often cheaper tickets have more restrictions. AS the OP posted his terms and conditions above, he has in fact posted his own answer!
Polly, my lovely,

Could you please let me know where or what is the answer i posted, i am just a poor old soul who cannot master the art of reading terms and conditions.

I appologise for being a pain, but everybody keeps saying i have posted my answer and i am sittimng here in suspenders, ooops sorry suspence.

I'll give yeh a karma!
Old May 15th 2009, 12:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to all

£75 + any difference in the fare. You have to use it within 12 months of leaving point of origin. You're allowed to stopover in 4 places on the way for free - must be a really strange route!
Old May 15th 2009, 12:48 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Tubbs2Oz
£75 + any difference in the fare. You have to use it within 12 months of leaving point of origin. You're allowed to stopover in 4 places on the way for free - must be a really strange route!
Tubbs mate, thanks, i had an idea that was the answer, but i wanted someone else to tell me, just to be sure. Karma winging to you as i write!!!
Old May 15th 2009, 12:57 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Keith Moon
Tubbs mate, thanks, i had an idea that was the answer, but i wanted someone else to tell me, just to be sure. Karma winging to you as i write!!!
As Centurion said earlier the reply is in the T&C. Note also the maximum stay - "TRAVEL FROM LAST INTERNATIONAL STOPOVER MUST COMMENCE NO LATER THAN 12 MONTHS AFTER DEPARTURE FROM FARE ORIGIN. "
Old Dec 12th 2009, 5:47 am
BE Enthusiast

BARDI77 has a brilliant futureBARDI77 has a brilliant futureBARDI77 has a brilliant futureBARDI77 has a brilliant futureBARDI77 has a brilliant futureBARDI77 has a brilliant futureBARDI77 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Keith Moon
MINIMUM STAY
Hi,

Could anyone please tell me what exactly the meaning of this sentence is? I can not figure it out.

Does this sentence refer to return flight?
Old Dec 12th 2009, 8:52 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by BARDI77
Hi,

Could anyone please tell me what exactly the meaning of this sentence is? I can not figure it out.

Does this sentence refer to return flight?
MINIMUM STAY

EK refers to Emirates - the airline, so the flight must be on any flight operated by Emirates (not code share operated by another airline)
The first international sector (probably London-Dubai) can only be flown in the seasons 24MAR THROUGH 30JUN or 11AUG THROUGH 09DEC

However unless this is your ticket with your fare conditions its pretty irrelevant. Every ticket will have differing conditions on it.