Cannot sell but going anyway!!!
6.85%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

How is your house sale going PartII

Old Oct 18th 2005, 5:01 pm
Forum Regular

MikeMc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: How is your house sale going PartII

Just had an offer just over a year now - accepted straight off, just waiting for Survey and that sort of thing - and hopefully are 2 way validation in Jan will be one way
Old Oct 18th 2005, 5:04 pm
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

I have no offers yet, as I haven't put it up for sale! But there are loads of people interested as it is in a really good location, and near to all amenities...

Old Oct 18th 2005, 5:59 pm
Account Closed

Paul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to all

All goin well this end ...

I'm in the process of changing agent as the 1st has had 8 weeks and produced 3 viewings, 2 that needed to sell !?! last viewing was over a month ago!

Anyway, in the process of changing as I say, and the 1st agent has sent me a letter stating that i'll now have to pay for 'multi agent'. I phoned them and said the contract has run out, but there is a clause where altho the contract HAS ran out, I still need to give 2 weeks notice! ...

Sooooo, altho new agent is all ready to go, we have to wait for 2 weeks to be on the safe side! ...

On the upshot I guess, there was a few bits on the news this morn / afternoon about how the market is showing signs of turning around, for the better! ...

We'll see on that one, but could do without this agg with agents really!

Won't be long b4 xmas will be here and everything dies down till the new year!

Good ole timing eh! ...
Old Oct 18th 2005, 8:29 pm
Account Closed

ELLJAY is an unknown quantity at this point

:scared: [QUOTE=Paul2004]All goin well this end ...

I'm in the process of changing agent as the 1st has had 8 weeks and produced 3 viewings, 2 that needed to sell !?! last viewing was over a month ago!

Its awful this house selling lark. We too have been on market and had 4 viewings. One came back for 2nd viewing, then put in offer for 10grand under original price.

After all the above you mentioned (Xmas coming etc) should we just accept the offer and run. Just dont know what to do....then there's the question of medicals....do you book before them being requested? No wonder we all go to bed with banging heads.....from too much booze.....to combat too much stress!

Decisions...decisions.... :scared:

L-j
Old Oct 18th 2005, 8:46 pm
Account Closed

Paul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to all

[QUOTE=ELLJAY]:scared:
Originally Posted by Paul2004
All goin well this end ...

Its awful this house selling lark. We too have been on market and had 4 viewings. One came back for 2nd viewing, then put in offer for 10grand under original price.

After all the above you mentioned (Xmas coming etc) should we just accept the offer and run. Just dont know what to do....then there's the question of medicals....do you book before them being requested? No wonder we all go to bed with banging heads.....from too much booze.....to combat too much stress!

Decisions...decisions.... :scared:

L-j
LOL, yeah terrible ennit ...

Well I'm trying to hold onto the fact that it WILL sell one day! .... can't do no more but the agg with agents aint helping matters!

I must admit I'm looking forward to 'renting' for a while when we eventually get to Oz! ...
Old Oct 19th 2005, 7:19 am
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ELLJAY

After all the above you mentioned (Xmas coming etc) should we just accept the offer and run.
L-j
depends:
on how much the house is on the market for eg 10k is bigger % of £100k property than a £500k property
how long it has taken to get those 4 viewers, and do you have any more lined up?
what is the position of the person making the offer - 1st time buyer or will be in a chain when they have sold etc
what figures have you set in your mind - a figure you will not accept below, a figure you will accept above, leaving a grey area in between.

these are some of the thought process we are going through at the mo.
Old Oct 19th 2005, 7:31 am
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

2 more viewings today takes us to in excess of 30 viewings but not a single bloody offer
Old Oct 19th 2005, 7:34 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rooksie
2 more viewings today takes us to in excess of 30 viewings but not a single bloody offer
sale fell through for 3rd time is this a record ?
1st couple split up during purchase
2nd sale via a company for relocation of staff member
backed out without saying why
3rd couple have just had their mortgage offer recinded

unlucky or what
Old Oct 19th 2005, 8:08 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by steve`o
sale fell through for 3rd time is this a record ?
1st couple split up during purchase
2nd sale via a company for relocation of staff member
backed out without saying why
3rd couple have just had their mortgage offer recinded

unlucky or what

bloody hell mate
Old Oct 19th 2005, 8:35 am
Happy Member

kris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond repute

Good Luck today Rooks!!

We are having dilemma as to whether to put in on yet!
Had 3 estate agents round so far told em we want to move out in April as we are moving into parents house coz they are moving to Spain (MMMM what a porker)

Anyway they have all said we shouldnt have a problem selling it but 2 have said we should wait until January because we dont want to go until April!! They also said the market really slows down over xmas!!

Any advice!!

Kris xx

ps property is generally still selling ok in our area!!
Old Oct 19th 2005, 8:44 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by kris maynard
Good Luck today Rooks!!

Had 3 estate agents round so far told em we want to move out in April as we are moving into parents house coz they are moving to Spain (MMMM what a porker)

Anyway they have all said we shouldnt have a problem selling it but 2 have said we should wait until January because we dont want to go until April!! They also said the market really slows down over xmas!!

Any advice!!

Kris xx

thanks!!

we thought we would have our hands snatched off because when we bought our house last september three families were after it all offering asking price and above. 12 months down the line and not a single offer and we have reduced already. i would also look at the posts/threads on here - people dont seem to be having much luck at all. originally, when we foolishly thought we would sell quickly, we agreed we would go into rented until we got (hopefully!!!) visas - HA!! still here 4 months later.

but as you say, your area must be different - look around and if houses are selling then you shouldnt have a problem i guess. nothing is moving in south west at all. got to run - hoovering to do!!

j
Old Oct 19th 2005, 8:56 am
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute

Anyway they have all said we shouldnt have a problem selling it but 2 have said we should wait until January because we dont want to go until April!!
Ask yourself what will happen if you don't sell and move out by April. Are the properties that are selling in your area, are they the same kind as yours, how are they priced.

TBH I would be surprised if you sold within that time if if did not go on the market til Jan - just look at the the people posting here that have taken much longer. I would also not be so trusting of what the agent says.

If you don't want to put it on the market til Jan you could always do discret marketing ie no ads in paper/net/window, no board up and the agent tells people enquiring about similar properties about your property coming on to the market in Jan, but here are the details now - of course if it sells in this period the fee should be a lot lower
Old Oct 19th 2005, 9:40 am
Happy Member

kris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by walaj
Ask yourself what will happen if you don't sell and move out by April. Are the properties that are selling in your area, are they the same kind as yours, how are they priced.

TBH I would be surprised if you sold within that time if if did not go on the market til Jan - just look at the the people posting here that have taken much longer. I would also not be so trusting of what the agent says.

If you don't want to put it on the market til Jan you could always do discret marketing ie no ads in paper/net/window, no board up and the agent tells people enquiring about similar properties about your property coming on to the market in Jan, but here are the details now - of course if it sells in this period the fee should be a lot lower

Cheers Good idea re- descreet advertising!! Somthing to think about!
April timeline really is an estimate as to when we get the visa we are hoping to get it by April but then who knows!
At the end of the day it would not be the end of the world if we had to wait a couple of months before going to Oz!
Also we really do not want to sell our house until we get visa as if everything goes pear shaped and we dont get visa we will still have our home!

bloody nightmare dilemma anyone got a crystal ball

property in our area is still selling pretty well!

Kris xx
Old Oct 19th 2005, 10:38 am
Just Joined

devils advocate is an unknown quantity at this point

Good Luck today Rooks!!

Any advice!!

Kris xx

FWIW I would put it on the market now. You can always pull out of the sale until about 30 seconds before exchange, and even in a rising market houses always take at least twice as long to get between offer and exchange as everyone expects.

Also remember that the market has been buoyed recently by a lot of people expecting a rate cut soon. However the Bank of England MPC minutes for the October decision to keep rates on hold (released this morning), showed that the voting was 9-0 in favour of holding. This is very much more bearish than most in the market were expecting.
Old Oct 19th 2005, 1:04 pm
Account Closed

one viewing this morning and another later on at 3.30. i can honestly say im a sick to death of this crap

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.