Cannot sell but we're going anyway
6.45%
Anyone considering National Homebuyers or similar
3.23%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

How is your house sale going Part IV

Old Nov 27th 2005, 6:59 pm
cheeky tart

The A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How is your house sale going Part IV

Originally Posted by Rooksie
thanks mate.

i just dont get it to be honest - there are worse houses in torquay!!!
I don't get it either

Are other houses selling in the area?
Old Nov 27th 2005, 7:15 pm
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by The A Team
I don't get it either

Are other houses selling in the area?

not really mate to be honest - flats down the harbour and stuff like that maybe but run of the mill family homes - nothing happenin
Old Nov 27th 2005, 7:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute

tell me honestly what you think - i can take it!!

http://www.haart.co.uk/properties/ac...heproperty.asp

Your house is beautiful and I love the rug! Seems underpriced if anything? Have you had any offers on it at all?
Old Nov 27th 2005, 7:19 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by glittababe
Your house is beautiful and I love the rug! Seems underpriced if anything? Have you had any offers on it at all?

not a fekkin thing mate - not even a second viewing!?!?!?!?!

miserable tosspots!!!
Old Nov 27th 2005, 7:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute

not a fekkin thing mate - not even a second viewing!?!?!?!?!

miserable tosspots!!!
we've been advised to approach housing associations etc Its worth thinking about. Whats the National Homebuyers thing?
Old Nov 27th 2005, 7:26 pm
nursey

mandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of light

Rooksie, I think your house looks lovely, even with the zebra rug no seriously I like the rug, I really can't understand why it's not selling, what have the agents said regarding all the feedback? surely with 50 viewings something should come up and you could rectify it

Really hope you get some positive news soon.

will try and send you some house selling karma
Old Nov 27th 2005, 7:28 pm
Account Closed

we've been advised to approach housing associations etc Its worth thinking about. Whats the National Homebuyers thing?

ahhh yes. well they offer to buy your house no questions asked BUT at much lower price than valuation. said valuation fee has to be paid upfront in the region of £500. i did a search on the forum and people have been offered circa 20% of house value. we spoke to a similar company, quicksale, and he offered us £157,000 i told him to stick it
Old Nov 27th 2005, 7:30 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by mandi248
Rooksie, I think your house looks lovely, even with the zebra rug no seriously I like the rug, I really can't understand why it's not selling, what have the agents said regarding all the feedback? surely with 50 viewings something should come up and you could rectify it

Really hope you get some positive news soon.

will try and send you some house selling karma
you know mate that has been the hardest thing to understand!!! i have had various comments about no lawn at the back, being overlooked, steps at the front, ummmm what else..... generally the most common one is "just not for us". ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

the majority seem to really like it but we never see or hear from them again!?!?!?
Old Nov 27th 2005, 7:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

ahhh yes. well they offer to buy your house no questions asked BUT at much lower price than valuation. said valuation fee has to be paid upfront in the region of £500. i did a search on the forum and people have been offered circa 20% of house value. we spoke to a similar company, quicksale, and he offered us £157,000 i told him to stick it
I guess the housing association do the same! What have the agents said? Our agents are realistic. Most people looking at the moment are just window shopping, seeing whats out there. Apparently with the housing market 'apparently' going into a slump, people are looking out for bargains, and one's where they know the owners will reduce the price further. Over xmas tends to be the time when the 'real' buyers come out. We'll wait and see hey?
Old Nov 27th 2005, 7:34 pm
Account Closed

I guess the housing association do the same! What have the agents said? Our agents are realistic. Most people looking at the moment are just window shopping, seeing whats out there. Apparently with the housing market 'apparently' going into a slump, people are looking out for bargains, and one's where they know the owners will reduce the price further. Over xmas tends to be the time when the 'real' buyers come out. We'll wait and see hey?

my husband is really crappin his pants because he thinks its going to get worse, a lot worse. at first i thought he was being a dick but now im not so sure ....... :scared:
Old Nov 27th 2005, 7:36 pm
nursey

mandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of light

you know mate that has been the hardest thing to understand!!! i have had various comments about no lawn at the back, being overlooked, steps at the front, ummmm what else..... generally the most common one is "just not for us". ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

the majority seem to really like it but we never see or hear from them again!?!?!?
Really feel for you mate, the trouble these days is there's too many housey programmes and people expect too much!!
We are now considering renting ours out, we have got a buyer so to speak, but their buyers pulled out, so we said we would keep it off the market while they found another one as their house sold pretty quickly the 1st time, it'll be 10 weeks this week!! we are going to put it back on the market but if we don't get a buyer by January we are seriously going to consider the rental route, I now have a job to go to so don't really want to jeopardise losing it as it's in the area where we want to live, it's also got a primary school next door for my little one and a college just down the road for the eldest. So I know the frustration that you are feeling.

Getting the visa was the easy part compared to this house selling lark :scared:
Old Nov 27th 2005, 7:37 pm

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

Who knows whats going on?????

The house is lovely Rooksie it should sell in time , but when ? You bought it and loved it so someone else will
Old Nov 27th 2005, 7:38 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by mandi248
Really feel for you mate, the trouble these days is there's too many housey programmes and people expect too much!!
We are now considering renting ours out, we have got a buyer so to speak, but their buyers pulled out, so we said we would keep it off the market while they found another one as their house sold pretty quickly the 1st time, it'll be 10 weeks this week!! we are going to put it back on the market but if we don't get a buyer by January we are seriously going to consider the rental route, I now have a job to go to so don't really want to jeopardise losing it as it's in the area where we want to live, it's also got a primary school next door for my little one and a college just down the road for the eldest. So I know the frustration that you are feeling.

Getting the visa was the easy part compared to this house selling lark :scared:

Hmm yeah that is an option and if i had the opportunities available which you do then id rent, no question!! if you can ride the storm then it may be worth hanging on to your propoerty anyway matey
Old Nov 27th 2005, 7:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

my husband is really crappin his pants because he thinks its going to get worse, a lot worse. at first i thought he was being a dick but now im not so sure ....... :scared:
it looks like we'll have to remortgage the house to be able to afford to validate the visas. It's something we never thought would happen. We feel so desperate at times. People view and are positive about the place, but when the agents ask them for feedback they just say the upstairs is too small or its just not for them! The only really negative people were the ones who viewed the house on my birthday. Talk about make my day miserable! All they did was boast about their house and complain there was no room for their oven and dishwasher! i just wanted to tell them to piss off, but had to remain polite!
Old Nov 27th 2005, 7:44 pm
Account Closed

it looks like we'll have to remortgage the house to be able to afford to validate the visas. It's something we never thought would happen. We feel so desperate at times. People view and are positive about the place, but when the agents ask them for feedback they just say the upstairs is too small or its just not for them! The only really negative people were the ones who viewed the house on my birthday. Talk about make my day miserable! All they did was boast about their house and complain there was no room for their oven and dishwasher! i just wanted to tell them to piss off, but had to remain polite!

oh yes i remember that!!!! bloody snobs!!

its so bloody frustrating isnt it when they say its not for them - i have heard that one plenty of times!!!

we frontloaded our meds and ok we have some time left yet but hell we are halfway there already so we may have to validate at this rate

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.