Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How was your Easter?

How was your Easter?

Old Mar 29th 2005, 12:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Un-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond repute
Default How was your Easter?

Hello All. Did you have a good few days off? Who ate too much chocolate? Did anyone go to the Easter Show? I wanted to go because I've never been to one but the idea was met with horror by my Ozzie other half
Old Mar 29th 2005, 1:42 am
ABCDiamond

Default Re: How was your Easter?

Originally Posted by Un-Co
Hello All. Did you have a good few days off? Who ate too much chocolate? Did anyone go to the Easter Show? I wanted to go because I've never been to one but the idea was met with horror by my Ozzie other half
My wife and daughter went to the Easter show, it's damn expensive !!
The travel part was the cheapest. $99 for the two of them on the train
That's Brisbane - Sydney, (one way).

Old Mar 29th 2005, 1:46 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
My wife and daughter went to the Easter show, it's damn expensive !!
The travel part was the cheapest. $99 for the two of them on the train
That's Brisbane - Sydney, (one way).

I went to the Festival of Sails, which happens in conjunction with the Brisbane to Gladstone yacht race. Was a great afternoon; skydiving Easter Bunny for the kids, camel rides, pony rides, lots of stalls and live entertainment
Old Mar 29th 2005, 1:52 am
ABCDiamond

Did anyone go to the Easter Show? I wanted to go because I've never been to one but the idea was met with horror by my Ozzie other half
Just a thought. Tell your ozzie other half that you should be allowed to go, once, then you will understand your other half

I've been.... ONCE

Old Mar 29th 2005, 1:53 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

marvellous, totally spiffing.

No Easter shows, not fan of things like that. Unless I want a good kip.
No choc , not a very big choc fan . Tell a lie, hubby bought me a small easter egg , with a pretty bunny egg cup, and spoons . I didn't get him anything - So then I felt guilty ( he does it on purpose I swear lol). We never buy each other eggs, something must be up with him - never trust a man who brings your eggs lol - they want something.

We spent most of the weekend landscaping and building walls , hell of a job, been at it for months, then took a day's/night break up Noosa for a spot of fishing. which again proves never swim at night on Sunshine beach - kept getting cut off on the mono trace with sharks - and low and behold out of my wire. Hubby was equally pleased- he lost a big Jew when he was bringing it in through the surf, spat the dummy.. LOL ( good! - if I can't catch anything, neither can he lol) - good fun

Yes , enjoyed the holidays. Except for the landscaping bit - it is never ending. I'll be glad when it's finished.
Old Mar 29th 2005, 3:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Un-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ceri
marvellous, totally spiffing.

No Easter shows, not fan of things like that. Unless I want a good kip.
No choc , not a very big choc fan . Tell a lie, hubby bought me a small easter egg , with a pretty bunny egg cup, and spoons . I didn't get him anything - So then I felt guilty ( he does it on purpose I swear lol). We never buy each other eggs, something must be up with him - never trust a man who brings your eggs lol - they want something.

We spent most of the weekend landscaping and building walls , hell of a job, been at it for months, then took a day's/night break up Noosa for a spot of fishing. which again proves never swim at night on Sunshine beach - kept getting cut off on the mono trace with sharks - and low and behold out of my wire. Hubby was equally pleased- he lost a big Jew when he was bringing it in through the surf, spat the dummy.. LOL ( good! - if I can't catch anything, neither can he lol) - good fun

Yes , enjoyed the holidays. Except for the landscaping bit - it is never ending. I'll be glad when it's finished.

We went fishing too in the end. Didn't catch a thing (which upset the other half - they do get a bit irate about something thats supposed to be relaxing dont they! ) but The Hawkesbury River where we ended up is so beautiful. We just puted around in a little tin boat and fed the fish

On second thoughts it was probably much better than the Easter Show. I'm just a sucker for things that sound exciting. Chances are it would have been nightmarish.

I did a bit of gardening as well - Not as drastic as your landscaping sounds but a bit daunting considering as a Londoner I was lucky to have a window box so I don't know the first thing about plants!
Old Mar 29th 2005, 3:46 am
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

went to the bottle shop last Thursday and was pissed ever since
Old Mar 29th 2005, 4:09 am
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute

How's that different to any other weekend then???!

Originally Posted by walla1
went to the bottle shop last Thursday and was pissed ever since
Old Mar 29th 2005, 4:11 am
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Geordie George
How's that different to any other weekend then???!
it's not, they all blend into one when looking at life through the bottom of a wine bottle
Old Mar 29th 2005, 12:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

I had to go to work Easter Sunday as Perth city was open for business as usual. Complete and utter waste of time!!!
Old Mar 29th 2005, 1:00 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Had a nice Easter. Camping at Toodyay Friday and Saturday. Came back Sunday and went to Sculptures by the Sea and then the Freo Street Arts Festival.
Then nothing on Monday, walking around in pjs all day!

Read about Sunday here:
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...4&postcount=20
Old Mar 29th 2005, 1:15 pm
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

I worked the whole of the Easter period

Got tons of lolly though

Would rather have had the time though

Cas
Old Mar 29th 2005, 5:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ialibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond repute

I was going to post this to another list that I belong to,mainly denizens of the US but decided that there would be too much explaining to do.

Its from the www.smh.com.au Letters to the editor

"Of man, beast and food on a stick

The things we learnt at the Easter Show this year:

1. Don't even think about going on Good Friday.

2. Dad didn't know about Rule 1.

3. The staff at the baby animal pavilion have long memories. Rafe is still barred from the petting enclosure after his efforts in 2002.

4. The art of the sideshow attendant is alive and well and is amazing in its ability to extract a hard-earned Oxford scholar from the man in the street.

5. The cattleman's bar encourages cattle and man as patrons.

6. A cow has four stomachs and cannot vomit. Pizzle is not a dirty word.

7. David Foster is the biggest man we have ever seen.

8. Eating a pluto pup is OK on Good Friday because feet and lips are not classified as meat in the Bible.

9. Job, a very patient man, has nothing on our dad.

10. The show really is Dante's Inferno, with the train to Homebush being the River Styx. Above the entrance to the show bag pavilion is writ "Abandon hope all ye who enter here.

Harry (8) and Rafe (6) Ryan, Chippendale"