Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How well do you know your UK roadsigns!?!

How well do you know your UK roadsigns!?!

Old Mar 23rd 2005, 12:59 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice
Default How well do you know your UK roadsigns!?!

I found this in The Lounge (thanks rincewind) but thought it quite relevant to those who might have been out of the UK for a while - especially if you're going back for a visit and will drive

I got 8/10

How well do you know your UK roadsigns
Old Mar 23rd 2005, 1:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Shellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: How well do you know your UK roadsigns!?!

9/10 - I am embarrased to say I got the one wrong with the hand signal to turn left...and I knew it, too they just want to confuse me
Old Mar 23rd 2005, 1:06 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Originally Posted by Shellfish
9/10 - I am embarrased to say I got the one wrong with the hand signal to turn left...and I knew it, too they just want to confuse me

The one with fireworks coming out the car got me.... and I've forgotten already which other one I got wrong
Old Mar 23rd 2005, 2:03 am
Pass The Post

Location: Ping Ponged York via Melbourne and now pinged to Ferny Hills, Brisbane
joh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Shellfish

My answer is exactly the same 9/10 and it was the hand signal that stumped me!

Jo
Old Mar 23rd 2005, 3:43 am
Account Closed

Paul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to all

but I'm a Black cabbie and we know everything! ...lol
Old Mar 23rd 2005, 3:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jim2004

but I'm a Black cabbie and we know everything! ...lol
And we have to take your word for it, that was your first attempt

I got 9/10, stupid 'car with explosives' sign caught me out.

Well, I am from Northern Ireland, so we just ignore that one

Cheers,
JTL
Old Mar 23rd 2005, 4:08 am
Account Closed

Paul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to all

I do not lie, and always use my indicators when pulling over

honest guv!
Old Mar 23rd 2005, 4:19 am
Scottish Aussie ©

Scossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond repute

8 out of 10 for me.
Not too bad.
Old Mar 23rd 2005, 4:30 am
Forum Regular

LindyLoo is a jewel in the roughLindyLoo is a jewel in the roughLindyLoo is a jewel in the roughLindyLoo is a jewel in the roughLindyLoo is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by joh117
My answer is exactly the same 9/10 and it was the hand signal that stumped me!
Ditto. Isn't this some ancient signal from the 1950's when when cars had little triangles or no indicators to let others know which way you were turning?

Its the millennium for god's sake...when was the last time you had to make a hand signal when driving a car (I think I can guess the answer )?
Old Mar 23rd 2005, 4:34 am
part-time Visa Angel!

Originally Posted by linda_clarky
Ditto. Isn't this some ancient signal from the 1950's when when cars had little triangles or no indicators to let others know which way you were turning?

Its the millennium for god's sake...when was the last time you had to make a hand signal when driving a car (I think I can guess the answer )?

true. From what I remember when I did my test, the idea was you knew this incase your indicators ever didn't work.... but A/ how many people do you see who's indicators aren't working actually doing this and B/ would you really want to stick your hand out of the window, circle it around with on-coming/overtaking traffic right beside you :scared:!
Old Mar 23rd 2005, 4:40 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by linda_clarky

Originally Posted by mlbonner
true. From what I remember when I did my test, the idea was you knew this incase your indicators ever didn't work.... but A/ how many people do you see who's indicators aren't working actually doing this and B/ would you really want to stick your hand out of the window, circle it around with on-coming/overtaking traffic right beside you :scared:!
All true, but remember 'Road Signs' are for other vehicles as well as cars. Motorcycles for instance, some that DON'T have indicators!

Aha! ....lol

05.40 in the UK and need sleep. Will catch up on this one tomorrow
Old Mar 23rd 2005, 4:45 am
jocky boy 'JOHN' DOC'

jocky boy has a brilliant futurejocky boy has a brilliant futurejocky boy has a brilliant futurejocky boy has a brilliant futurejocky boy has a brilliant futurejocky boy has a brilliant future

JUST PASSED MY TEST TODAY 35 OUT 35 AND 56 OUT 75
HAZ PERCETION SO WENT OUT AND GOT NOW I FEEL LIKE
Old Mar 23rd 2005, 5:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jocky boy
JUST PASSED MY TEST TODAY 35 OUT 35 AND 56 OUT 75
HAZ PERCETION SO WENT OUT AND GOT NOW I FEEL LIKE
Well said that man!

Translation anyone?

Cheers,
JTL
Old Mar 23rd 2005, 5:03 am
part-time Visa Angel!

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
Well said that man!

Translation anyone?

Cheers,
JTL
LOL - was looking for the same myself

Welcome to the forum though!
Old Mar 23rd 2005, 5:11 am
jocky boy 'JOHN' DOC'

jocky boy has a brilliant futurejocky boy has a brilliant futurejocky boy has a brilliant futurejocky boy has a brilliant futurejocky boy has a brilliant futurejocky boy has a brilliant future

HI JACK WHEN DID YOU PASS YOUR TEST I GOT DISK AND BOOK HAD TO MEMORIZE 1,2OO QUESTIONS 90% COMMON DON'T KNOW WHAT QUESTION THEY MIGHT ASK, WHERE U FROM,

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.