Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How well can you live in Perth on $3000 / Month?

How well can you live in Perth on $3000 / Month?

Old Jan 22nd 2006, 1:55 pm
Just Joined

tolcrothlogan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How well can you live in Perth on $3000 / Month?

Hope someone can help out there, I have an opportunity to go to Perth to Work as a Nurse.

The minimum take home I could earn will be about $3000 per Month after tax (which I checked Online), but 3500 - 4000 is more likely.

I have no idea how mush that is in Oz or how it compares to local wages and the cost of living. I know how much rental will be but is this a liveable wage there?

Can anyone help?
Old Jan 22nd 2006, 2:14 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: How well can you live in Perth on $3000 / Month?

Originally Posted by tolcrothlogan
Hope someone can help out there, I have an opportunity to go to Perth to Work as a Nurse.

The minimum take home I could earn will be about $3000 per Month after tax (which I checked Online), but 3500 - 4000 is more likely.
That's good money; you'll be fine.
Old Jan 22nd 2006, 8:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

kimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud of
Default Re: How well can you live in Perth on $3000 / Month?

I have no idea how mush that is in Oz or how it compares to local wages and the cost of living. I know how much rental will be but is this a liveable wage there?

Can anyone help?
Hi

Thats a very good take home wage,

K
Old Jan 23rd 2006, 12:33 am
Living in Perthection

steve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond repute

Can anyone help?
Hi,
It totally depends on your individual circumstances and what your aims/goals/requirements are for when you get here.

If its just you and your looking for nothing beyond average then you should be ok.
But if your looking at renting in say a beach side suburb and plan on eating and drinking and being fairly social most of the week then you'll struggle.
Likewise if you've got to add in mouths to feed, children to school etc id say it could be a struggle.

Unfortunately noobody can give you a 100% answer as everyone's different, and we dont know your personal situation, your the only one that can really work it out.

In general things pretty much cost the same here as they do in the UK, food/bills/eating/drinking etc. Petrol and transport are a fair bit cheaper.
If your rent was the same in the UK as what your expecting in OZ would you have enough left over from about 1300GBP per month to live your "Life"?

Steve
Old Jan 23rd 2006, 10:19 am
Just Joined

crumlins is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there - this link takes you to a pge where you can put in what you earn in the uk and what an equivelant salary will be in OZ - hope it helps. Linda
http://www.australia-migration.com/p..._calculator/95