Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

how valid are my skills that havent been assessed!!!

how valid are my skills that havent been assessed!!!

Old Nov 2nd 2003, 3:11 pm
Just Joined

nipper is an unknown quantity at this point
Default how valid are my skills that havent been assessed!!!

please can anyone help! im a qualified nurse with RGN, RMN and Registered Health Visitor quals. ive had my skills assessed and applied for skilled independant under my RMN qualification, if i wanted to work, say, in child and family public health, could i use my health visiting qualification/experience? would it be recognised?
not sure if the above makes sense!!
any advice/info appreciated.
thanks
Old Nov 2nd 2003, 5:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

parkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: how valid are my skills that havent been assessed!!!

hello
Im also an rmn and currently in the process of being assessed. However my understanding is that you would need to apply for general nursing to work in that post. My cousin is a nurse in australia and is a district nurse and had to additional bits to do that.
However Im not 100% sure. Sorry I cant be more helpful
Irene

Originally posted by nipper
please can anyone help! im a qualified nurse with RGN, RMN and Registered Health Visitor quals. ive had my skills assessed and applied for skilled independant under my RMN qualification, if i wanted to work, say, in child and family public health, could i use my health visiting qualification/experience? would it be recognised?
thanks
Old Nov 2nd 2003, 9:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

rumbletum will become famous soon enough
Default Re: how valid are my skills that havent been assessed!!!

Originally posted by nipper
thanks
Hi Nipper
When filling out the skills assessment form, if I can remember correctly, they wanted all certificates from all courses and asked for dates of training of all of my qualifications. Can you remember if you had to include your HV qualifications and also your RGN quals with copies of all of your certs etc. I think if you did that, then these would have been assessed also. I'm not sure really. I did include a letter of supporting evidence from my ward manager which listed all of my clinical activities, so perhaps I was assessed on this alone....