Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How to sell UK shares from here in Australia ?

How to sell UK shares from here in Australia ?

Old Mar 17th 2010, 10:38 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute
Default How to sell UK shares from here in Australia ?

A friend has a small amount of Cadbury UK shares but is a kiwi living in Australia. Sick of getting tiny dividend payments by sterling cheques, he wishes to sell those shares and has asked me on how to do it, since being a "pom" I would clearly know

I must confess I have not been in a position where I have had to deal with UK shares from here. Anyone have a good suggestion of the best way for him to dispose of them by chance ?

Thanks !
Old Mar 19th 2010, 1:52 am
BAY
BE Enthusiast

BAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: How to sell UK shares from here in Australia ?

Originally Posted by Centurion
A friend has a small amount of Cadbury UK shares but is a kiwi living in Australia. Sick of getting tiny dividend payments by sterling cheques, he wishes to sell those shares and has asked me on how to do it, since being a "pom" I would clearly know

I must confess I have not been in a position where I have had to deal with UK shares from here. Anyone have a good suggestion of the best way for him to dispose of them by chance ?

Thanks !
I use http://www.tdwaterhouse.co.uk/

Their contact number is from overseas: 0044 161 819 6467

Last edited by BAY; Mar 19th 2010 at 2:05 am.
Old Mar 19th 2010, 2:08 am
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How to sell UK shares from here in Australia ?

Originally Posted by Centurion
Since Kraft have taken over Cadbury they may have some share buy scheme in place? It might be worth getting in touch with the adminstrators of the shares (or whatever they're called.. can you tell I'm an expert? )