Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How safe is Australia?

How safe is Australia?

Old Oct 22nd 2002, 8:35 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How safe is Australia?

Originally posted by suebo:
PB, you forget to mention that Girawheen is one of the worst areas to live in, in Perth. It has always been known for more crime than most other suburbs, the reason being that the majority of the population is Aborigines. You should have been there 10 years ago PB, it was a lot worse, they have actually cleaned up thier act a little.

BTW in Maryland;/DC/Virginia there have been 11 shootimgs in the last 2 - 3 weeks, with 9 fatalities. Now that is scary knowing there is some nutter running around shooting people at random. Unfortunately crap happens everywhere.
Cannot stick it to the Abbos for everything ,Girawheen is not bad its right next to where Grub is going to live must be heaven on Earth.
Must get off to GBT for happy hour hope the Abbos have gone walk about?
Old Oct 22nd 2002, 8:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: An expat Aussie trying to understand why anyone wants to move to Oz.
Devlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of light

Originally posted by suebo:

Plane and simple fact. There are certain areas in Perth that have high populations of certain races. Eg. Balga/Girrawheen are majority aboriginies, North Bridge/North Perth - vietnamese, Balcatta - Italian/Greek. So no it is not stereotypical, it is fact
Attributing behaviours to certain races and religions is not only stereotypical but racist.
Old Oct 22nd 2002, 12:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

suebo is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by Devlin:

Attributing behaviours to certain races and religions is not only stereotypical but racist.
That is one thing I am not, for certain... I have an aborigianl nephew and one of my hubbys best mates is a noongah too. So that is one thing you can not class me as. Bitch maybe, but not racist. And BTW my house in in Marangaroo the adjacent suburb to Girrawheen, so I know what it is like.
Old Oct 22nd 2002, 2:10 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by dotty:

That made me laugh, an aussie girlriend of got transferred out to MT ISA. Her old man was a bank manager. She nearly had a nervous breakdown. Abbos in the street, toileting in the street. Drunk out at the school, fights everywhere, white aussie guys loosing a fortnights mining wages on grog and gambling, a reckons it is the worst place she had been in the world.

She's obviously not been to the Torres Strait Islands
Old Oct 22nd 2002, 2:55 pm
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Originally posted by Devlin:

Oh come on devlin... I'm not known as a "suebo" fan, had a bit a tiff with her... but for gawds sake you are joking! without being racist there are some things which do happen in certain areas with certain people! And there are some areas in Australia whether it is Aborigines, or Vietnamese... there are high crime areas, or perhaps it's just one loon who's committing these crimes.... somehow I don't think so (lol). Just because someone speaks the truth doesn't mean he/she is racist.

get a grip
Old Oct 23rd 2002, 10:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: An expat Aussie trying to understand why anyone wants to move to Oz.
Devlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of light

Originally posted by Ceri:

Oh come on devlin... I'm not known as a "suebo" fan, had a bit a tiff with her... but for gawds sake you are joking! without being racist there are some things which do happen in certain areas with certain people! And there are some areas in Australia whether it is Aborigines, or Vietnamese... there are high crime areas, or perhaps it's just one loon who's committing these crimes.... somehow I don't think so (lol). Just because someone speaks the truth doesn't mean he/she is racist.

get a grip
I think your good old friend Adolf probably said thing very similar!
Old Oct 23rd 2002, 10:22 pm
Forum Regular

laurash is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Jake Semtex:

You clearly need drugs! Was that article from the west australian or the liverpool echo? What exactly is your point? Did you come here expecting some kind of utopia? Keep cutting and pasting as you clearly have no other life. Someone was caught shoplifting last week, shocker!, think I might post the article to everyone to show them how much better the UK is. Of course it's crime free there as everyone knows! Keep dreaming sad man.
Listen, PB is provoking debate. This is a forum and a forum, amongst other things, is a place giving oppourtunity for debate - you know, where people express opposing views. He didn't say the UK is crime free, he's pointing out that Australia isn't. If you disagree, express your opposing view. You can't seriously expect to read posting after posting that simply reflects your own view. It's in our nature to argue... it's a good way of learning. But you don't have to agree with me.
Old Oct 24th 2002, 12:06 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by laurash:

Listen, PB is provoking debate. This is a forum and a forum, amongst other things, is a place giving oppourtunity for debate - you know, where people express opposing views. He didn't say the UK is crime free, he's pointing out that Australia isn't. If you disagree, express your opposing view. You can't seriously expect to read posting after posting that simply reflects your own view. It's in our nature to argue... it's a good way of learning. But you don't have to agree with me.

My good lady talking sense on this forum is treason , to post such reason will not go down well , nice to see that there are thinkers out there not just dreamers.Good Luck PB
Old Oct 29th 2002, 2:16 am
Forum Regular

kaleb777 is an unknown quantity at this point

YOU'RE ALL RIGHT! Australia is a big, big place. If you want excite,ent, go to a town like Mt Isa or Kalgoorlie/Boulder and you'll get a piss fest puch up. You can't say the whole country is anything. Country people who come to the capital cities stick out like dog's nuts. There is a big cultural difference between the two. You could possibly find more trouble in a small mining town with no women than you would in Sydney. Australia overall is a very safe country. Having said that, I know an American woman who said she saw more violence in her street in Logan City QLD than she did in San Francisco. Avoid Vietnamatta (Cabramatta) and surrounds in Sydney's west where it is mainly Vietnamese and full of heroin dealers. Lakemba is a Muslim Suburb in Sydney where the police station has been shot up by drive-by gangs. Darra and Inala in Brisbane are a mix of Aboriginal, Vietnamese, Samoan and Tongan. There is a lot of Heroin there, and there have been race riots in the past, although it has been quiet lately. Darlinghurst/ Kingscross in Sydney and Fortitude Valley/New Farm in Brisbane are big gay areas and unfortunately there is a lot of drugs and prostitution there. I don't know about MElbourne or Perth but I know Prostitution is legal in those states (VIC and WA). Darwin is a fronteer town. Tasmania is tame except for the massacre at Port Arthur where 36 people were shot dead by a madman. Saying all that, you can live in certain suburbs in any major city and never see a stray cat let alone any trouble. You just have to know where to live.
Old Oct 29th 2002, 3:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by kaleb777
YOU'RE ALL RIGHT! Australia is a big, big place. If you want excite,ent, go to a town like Mt Isa or Kalgoorlie/Boulder and you'll get a piss fest puch up. You can't say the whole country is anything. Country people who come to the capital cities stick out like dog's nuts. There is a big cultural difference between the two. You could possibly find more trouble in a small mining town with no women than you would in Sydney. Australia overall is a very safe country. Having said that, I know an American woman who said she saw more violence in her street in Logan City QLD than she did in San Francisco. Avoid Vietnamatta (Cabramatta) and surrounds in Sydney's west where it is mainly Vietnamese and full of heroin dealers. Lakemba is a Muslim Suburb in Sydney where the police station has been shot up by drive-by gangs. Darra and Inala in Brisbane are a mix of Aboriginal, Vietnamese, Samoan and Tongan. There is a lot of Heroin there, and there have been race riots in the past, although it has been quiet lately. Darlinghurst/ Kingscross in Sydney and Fortitude Valley/New Farm in Brisbane are big gay areas and unfortunately there is a lot of drugs and prostitution there. I don't know about MElbourne or Perth but I know Prostitution is legal in those states (VIC and WA). Darwin is a fronteer town. Tasmania is tame except for the massacre at Port Arthur where 36 people were shot dead by a madman. Saying all that, you can live in certain suburbs in any major city and never see a stray cat let alone any trouble. You just have to know where to live.
I lived in Kalgoorlie for 8 months and never saw any probs other than drunk abos on the streets and they are too drunk to do you any harm.
Prostitution is legal in WA, but only behind closed doors, if you solicit on the street you will be taken away in a paddy wagon.
Old Oct 29th 2002, 5:03 am
Forum Regular

Perth Helena is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by suebo
I lived in Kalgoorlie for 8 months and never saw any probs other than drunk abos on the streets and they are too drunk to do you any harm.
Prostitution is legal in WA, but only behind closed doors, if you solicit on the street you will be taken away in a paddy wagon.
Sensible way to do things. You can't get rid of prostitution so it's better to manage it properly. Nothing worse than living in a neighbourhood where hordes of street prossies are plying their trade. Any time you walk to and from your home, you get idiots asking you "how much?" Catfights between prostitutes keeping you up at night. Used condoms on your doorstep. You complain and all the cops do is shoo them off some place else, where that neighbourhood then suffers. And so on. Plus, it's more dangerous for the street trade. Was recently in Vancouver where they've finally find the sicko who was killing street prostitutes over several years (this was going on while I was living there). A pig farmer who fed their bodies to his pigs, then sold off the manure to unsuspecting gardeners. They figure he did about 30 or more. An aberration of course, but street prostitutes would get assaulted all the time.
Old Oct 29th 2002, 6:36 am
Banned

Originally posted by Perth Helena
Sensible way to do things. You can't get rid of prostitution so it's better to manage it properly. Nothing worse than living in a neighbourhood where hordes of street prossies are plying their trade. Any time you walk to and from your home, you get idiots asking you "how much?" Catfights between prostitutes keeping you up at night. Used condoms on your doorstep. You complain and all the cops do is shoo them off some place else, where that neighbourhood then suffers. And so on. Plus, it's more dangerous for the street trade. Was recently in Vancouver where they've finally find the sicko who was killing street prostitutes over several years (this was going on while I was living there). A pig farmer who fed their bodies to his pigs, then sold off the manure to unsuspecting gardeners. They figure he did about 30 or more. An aberration of course, but street prostitutes would get assaulted all the time.
Now lets be fair go around back streets of Northbridge and there are a fair few working girls hanging around , reguardless of all the Brothels that are in Perth.
Western Australian has hunderds of personals from working girls and boys its a big industry in Perth , maybe some of the good people coming to Perth would like your input on how to get employed in this trade.Sorry it just comes over me no offence I do enjoy your posts.
Old Oct 29th 2002, 11:32 am
Forum Regular

Perth Helena is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by pommie bastard
Now lets be fair go around back streets of Northbridge and there are a fair few working girls hanging around , reguardless of all the Brothels that are in Perth.

Certainly not to the extent as other cities. These ones are risking getting arrested, if the cops are called. Keeps the numbers on the streets down, hence keeping neighbourhoods from becoming centres for street solicitation and all its problems/noise/disturbances/etc. If they were all on the streets, there'd be several suburbs experiencing disruption and disturbances, not just some back street in Northbridge.

Western Australian has hunderds of personals from working girls and boys its a big industry in Perth ,
And it's not in any other city? Just because solicitation ads aren't as openly advertised in regular newspapers doesn't mean they don't exist. There are many Personals types rags and newsletters available in cities where you can't advertise thru normal channels. And then, there's the Internet these days. One of my best friend's sisters was a call girl and stripper in Vancouver. They're regular people you know. And they won't go away, no matter what the laws say.

... maybe some of the good people coming to Perth would like your input on how to get employed in this trade.Sorry it just comes over me no offence I do enjoy your posts.
Lucky for you, no offence taken. I know where you hang out. And I know where you're golfing tomorrow. But I'll let this one go.
Old Oct 29th 2002, 12:23 pm
UDS
Forum Regular

UDS is an unknown quantity at this point

. . . maybe some of the good people coming to Perth would like your input on how to get employed in this trade . . .
pommie bastard, you're a grade A shit.
Old Oct 29th 2002, 1:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Western Australian has hunderds of personals from working girls and boys its a big industry in Perth , maybe some of the good people coming to Perth would like your input on how to get employed in this trade.Sorry it just comes over me no offence I do enjoy your posts.
Yes there is plenty around Northbridge and occasionally the cops do a raid, but they are back 2 days later. There are pages and pages of "working" men and women that work privately. So yes it is a big industry. Hmm maybe I better change my professiona nd head on back and make some bucks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.