Reload this Page >

How rude is that !!!!!!!!!

How rude is that !!!!!!!!!

Old Oct 27th 2004, 8:17 pm
Forum Regular

gogi79 is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry How rude is that !!!!!!!!!

Helloo guys ,
I just want to share this shock with u ,I recently have been offered a place in an institution in australian, and I send to the institution accepting their offer and requesting the details to forward my tution fees ,but for a week i iddnt get any reply,and when i send them again requesting for the dteails ,i got thie reply
"we suggest you either to be patient or you can search for a similar program i nanother institution "!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!
I couldnt believe it ,I never dreamt that i could get such a reply , i have been in contact with colleges all over the world and the guys are always friendly and happy to answer any question ,
so I am wondering are austrlaians are that rude ???becasue if the senior coordination of the international student services is such a rude person, I wonder how rude are the regular people in other trade , since this officer must have specific personality for such a position !!!
Old Oct 27th 2004, 8:21 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: How rude is that !!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by gogi79
Helloo guys ,
I just want to share this shock with u ,I recently have been offered a place in an institution in australian, and I send to the institution accepting their offer and requesting the details to forward my tution fees ,but for a week i iddnt get any reply,and when i send them again requesting for the dteails ,i got thie reply
"we suggest you either to be patient or you can search for a similar program i nanother institution "!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!
I couldnt believe it ,I never dreamt that i could get such a reply , i have been in contact with colleges all over the world and the guys are always friendly and happy to answer any question ,
so I am wondering are austrlaians are that rude ???becasue if the senior coordination of the international student services is such a rude person, I wonder how rude are the regular people in other trade , since this officer must have specific personality for such a position !!!
Calm down you idiot
Old Oct 27th 2004, 8:24 pm
Account Closed

tonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond repute

Helloo guys ,
Sorry to hear about your problems regarding Unis in Aus. I got a slightly odd reply to an enquiry at Deakin Uni the other day. I think the woman I contacted was slightly put out by the fact I was contacting her. Well, considering it's impossible to work out who to contact there, she shouldn't be all that surprised that she gets the occasional request for info coming here way, being director of studies and all....ah well....

Hope you get a place on a course that suits you.

I hope you don't mind me asking, but how much are your tuition fees going to be? I looked the other day, and it was something like $12000 at least at most Unis!
Old Oct 27th 2004, 8:36 pm
Account Closed

holsdad is an unknown quantity at this point

Helloo guys ,
Was it an English Language/Grammer course? I hope so!!

I.
Old Oct 27th 2004, 9:04 pm

lucyb is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by holsdad

I.

Do you mean grammar?
Old Oct 27th 2004, 9:10 pm

stevereed is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lucyb
Do you mean grammar?
Ho Ho Ho.......tickled by that
Old Oct 27th 2004, 9:32 pm
Ping Pong Wannabe

banjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud of

trying to get my son into kinder-gym for next year. Left two messages over two weeks to find out some info etc. 3rd time lucky...(I think) someone answered the phone. I gave my name and before I could say any more I was told, "yes....I've got both your messages and I'll ring you back when I'm ready!" :scared: All my flabber was gasted.
BUT this has been the exception rather than the rule. Most people can't seem to help you enough.
Old Oct 27th 2004, 9:36 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Well you didn't exactly give them long to answer did you? Only a week! Be fair - even the mail can take a week just crossing Brisbane!
And yes, that is typical Aussie - but its not rudeness, more like their sense of humour!
Old Oct 27th 2004, 9:40 pm
Account Closed

holsdad is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by stevereed
Ho Ho Ho.......tickled by that
me too!!

I.
Old Oct 27th 2004, 9:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lucyb
Do you mean grammar?

Brilliant!!,

Old Oct 27th 2004, 10:54 pm
Forum Regular

gogi79 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by tonyk38
Sorry to hear about your problems regarding Unis in Aus. I got a slightly odd reply to an enquiry at Deakin Uni the other day. I think the woman I contacted was slightly put out by the fact I was contacting her. Well, considering it's impossible to work out who to contact there, she shouldn't be all that surprised that she gets the occasional request for info coming here way, being director of studies and all....ah well....

Hope you get a place on a course that suits you.

I hope you don't mind me asking, but how much are your tuition fees going to be? I looked the other day, and it was something like $12000 at least at most Unis!
Thank you for your reply , the course in computer science with about 7000 $ .
Old Oct 28th 2004, 1:03 am
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for your reply , the course in computer science with about 7000 $ .
Wouldn't worry it, take it with a pinch of salt! Mind you we still feel that people are ruder in the UK (especially dr's surgery's)! At least here when you go to a medical centre they are pleased to see you and polite cos you are paying them! Remember something thats urgent to you, means nothing to them and the more you push, the longer they deliberately take! You have to laugh really!
Old Oct 28th 2004, 6:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Ushas will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Well you didn't exactly give them long to answer did you? Only a week! Be fair - even the mail can take a week just crossing Brisbane!
And yes, that is typical Aussie - but its not rudeness, more like their sense of humour!
Uh uh definitely not typical Aussie! Not where I come from at least! That was just plain ignorant. Aussies in general tend to be very helpful and quite inclined to chat and ask about things. And it's nothing like the Aussie sense of humour which is typically self-deprecating. Not where I was brought up anyway. Perhaps Queenslanders are different!
And as for anyone who is in a 'Client Services' type position who speaks to you like that... I'd quite happily tell them how rude they are or comp[lain to someone along food chain! How completely unnecessary. I don't care how bad their day has been so far, they don't inflict it on anyone else!
Old Oct 28th 2004, 6:52 am
CPW
BE Enthusiast

CPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by holsdad

I.
Or even perhaps a spelling and GRAMMAR course?!
Old Oct 28th 2004, 6:56 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ushas
Uh uh definitely not typical Aussie! Not where I come from at least! That was just plain ignorant. Aussies in general tend to be very helpful and quite inclined to chat and ask about things. And it's nothing like the Aussie sense of humour which is typically self-deprecating. Not where I was brought up anyway. Perhaps Queenslanders are different!
And as for anyone who is in a 'Client Services' type position who speaks to you like that... I'd quite happily tell them how rude they are or comp[lain to someone along food chain! How completely unnecessary. I don't care how bad their day has been so far, they don't inflict it on anyone else!
I have to admit that in a previous job (in Brisbane) I was told by the manager that if members of the public phoned and complained about slow service, I was to say just that - if you don't like it, go elsewhere. I was appalled, I could never treat customers like that. I also have a habit of adding a bit at the bottom of letters/emails saying that the reader should contact the office if they have any further queries - I was severely told off for this; he said they didn't want people coming back with even more stupid questions, and I should discourage further contact whereever I could!
Horrendous way to treat paying customers.

You must agree though - chasing the institution after only a week is a bit quick off the mark!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.