Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How to report a dodgy agent?

How to report a dodgy agent?

Old Feb 4th 2005, 8:55 am

lucyb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How to report a dodgy agent?

To all those who remember me, Hi!

Can anyone tell me how I can report my 'agent' 1st Contact Migration? They operate a no visa, no fee service however are now refusing to refund us our £1800 fee. This has been ongoing for a few months now and Im fed up with their attitude. How can I report them? I dont think they are MARA registered either.

Thanks
Lucy
Old Feb 4th 2005, 8:58 am
Professional Princess

Default Re: How to report a dodgy agent?

Originally Posted by lucyb

Can anyone tell me how I can report my 'agent' 1st Contact Migration? They operate a no visa, no fee service however are now refusing to refund us our £1800 fee. This has been ongoing for a few months now and Im fed up with their attitude. How can I report them? I dont think they are MARA registered either.

Thanks
Lucy
Hi Lucy, hows it going?

Im not sure who you report them to, but someone else will know and post the info, Im sure.

So what are you up to now then?

Still planning on Canada?

Old Feb 4th 2005, 9:19 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks
Lucy
The DTI and your local trading standards are the first 2 places I would visit. Individuals rather than companies are MARA registered. Check out www.themara.com.au .
Old Feb 4th 2005, 1:59 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks
Lucy
if u pm me their name I can check if they r mara registered for ya
Old Feb 4th 2005, 2:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

When they say 'No Visa, No Fee'..did you read all the small print carefully and the terms and conditions??????
Old Feb 4th 2005, 2:45 pm

lucyb is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sj oldfield
When they say 'No Visa, No Fee'..did you read all the small print carefully and the terms and conditions??????

Yes...but we should still be due a refund.

Agents Caroline Cronin and Leigh Duncan.
Old Feb 4th 2005, 2:56 pm
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

Doesnt look like they are registered with MARA
Old Feb 4th 2005, 7:36 pm
Forum Regular

igual will become famous soon enoughigual will become famous soon enough

Hi
We went with them as well, god knows why? They did not seem capable and just ended up taking a lot of money for reposting things we sent them.

As I understood they would refund any application so long as the reason for not being accepted was not medical or to do with police records.

Other members of my familly were told they would not be accepted by first contact but were taken on by other agents who got them their visa within three months. That is quicker than ours and I am a nurse!!!!

Good luck