Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How To Pass The Time ??????????????

How To Pass The Time ??????????????

Old Mar 14th 2005, 10:58 am
Forum Regular

FITCHETT FAMILY will become famous soon enough
Default How To Pass The Time ??????????????

Hi Guys,
Just wondered how everbody else copes with the wait. All docs are with Dimia ( or we think they are ) but every minute of every day seems to drag just waiting for a phone call or that envelope.
Our lives seen to be in slow motion , never thought i`d wish time away but as each day goes by without any news i`m wishing tommorow would be here.
Is eveyone else like this or is it just me.
Oh and Tina is worse than me, she is doing my head in !!!!!!!!
Damian
Old Mar 14th 2005, 11:33 am
Is anyone listening

halflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nice
Default Re: How To Pass The Time ??????????????

Originally Posted by FITCHETT FAMILY
Hi Guys,
Just wondered how everbody else copes with the wait. All docs are with Dimia ( or we think they are ) but every minute of every day seems to drag just waiting for a phone call or that envelope.
Our lives seen to be in slow motion , never thought i`d wish time away but as each day goes by without any news i`m wishing tommorow would be here.
Damian
Everyone gets addicted to this site. ,

We are spending the time doing up the house to sell. Have found myself getting really annoyed as I am doing things that I have put off and they only took a couple of hours, and they look good, but why am I only doing them now when I could have been living with the improvement for the last few years. Can find the time and money from somewhere now go figure!!

The wait does do your head in, have bored the friends and the family would rather not talk about it, that why this site is great. Good luck with your waiting at least you are among many here.
Old Mar 14th 2005, 11:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Alex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really nice

Originally Posted by FITCHETT FAMILY
Hi Guys,
Damian
Looking at the Oz property websites
Looking at the Oz car websites
dreaming
reading the british expats forum
writing lists of tasks I still need to do before and after I leave
writing a list of places I want to visit before I go (and starting to visit them)

etc
etc!

Plenty of things to do. Before you know it things will all become a last minute panic
:-)
Alex
Old Mar 14th 2005, 11:37 am
BE Forum Addict

scissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond repute

we ve spent the time sorting the house and and sorting out what we want to take and what we dont.Been to lots of meets,getting to know people for when we get over there,and just swapping notes over a few bevvies reaearching where we want to live,and finding out as much as we can ready for when we go

good luck,tracey.
Old Mar 14th 2005, 11:40 am
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

All above posts are so valid

Can I just add my good luck, and also say that it will come - and when it does the time will whizz by between grant and when you get on that plane

Cas
Old Mar 14th 2005, 11:41 am
Forum Regular

Princess_atta has a spectacular aura aboutPrincess_atta has a spectacular aura aboutPrincess_atta has a spectacular aura about

Hi there,

I'm sure my blood pressure has shot right up this week with the wait / worry / stress etc. (and I'm only 34!!!)

We complete on our house on Friday 1st April and are moving into my mum's for a couple of weeks before going .... but ..... we STILL don't have the visas. We were told by our assessing officer last week that we should get them within the next 2 weeks so this week is hopefully it.

I shot out of bed at 0700 this morning to check my mails and continued throughout the morning just in case THE mail took a while to reach me. No chance.

We've found the hardest thing whilst waiting for our visas has been the feeling of 'in limbo'. For the past year we haven't done the usual things like doing up the house, planning for the future here etc. it's just been a case of waiting.

And now the process is finally coming to fruition I feel the most frustrated as it's so near but so far.
Old Mar 14th 2005, 11:58 am
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

we are still waiting for TRA result!!!! i have had to put plasters all over my fingers to stop me biting my nails!!! the house is a tip because im addicted to this bl**dy site and ive turned into a mental case!!

my husband is too scared to come hone from work in the evenings because im so batty!! :scared:

Old Mar 14th 2005, 12:01 pm
Prisoner of Her Majesty

samnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Alex Hall
dreaming
writing a list of places I want to visit before I go (and starting to visit them)

etc
etc!

Plenty of things to do. Before you know it things will all become a last minute panic
Alex
Yes to all the above...and just hoping the day dreams end being as good in reality! Find out next week - eekkk!
Old Mar 14th 2005, 12:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

natty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to all
Smile Re: How To Pass The Time ??????????????

I know exactly how you feel !!! Waiting for the visa was unbearable but a great feeling when we actually got it-

BUT the worse bit has been selling the house !!! We had 2 buyers pull out on us and now we do have a new buyer but it seems to be taking ages to get to exchange.

Last week the estate agent said she saw no reason why exchange couldnt be next week but when I spoke to my solicitor this morning she basically laughed at me as if to say "no chance". I am getting so sick of waiting. The lovely visas sit their in my passport and yet still I am trapped in this blody country - aaaahhhhhhhh

To keep myself sane I complile list after list and plan what flight to get and what hotel to stay in in Singapore.

I guess we will all get their eventually and this horrible feeling of being in limbo will pass !!!

Nat
Old Mar 14th 2005, 1:28 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by natty
I know exactly how you feel !!! Waiting for the visa was unbearable but a great feeling when we actually got it-

BUT the worse bit has been selling the house !!! We had 2 buyers pull out on us and now we do have a new buyer but it seems to be taking ages to get to exchange.

Last week the estate agent said she saw no reason why exchange couldnt be next week but when I spoke to my solicitor this morning she basically laughed at me as if to say "no chance". I am getting so sick of waiting. The lovely visas sit their in my passport and yet still I am trapped in this blody country - aaaahhhhhhhh

To keep myself sane I complile list after list and plan what flight to get and what hotel to stay in in Singapore.

I guess we will all get their eventually and this horrible feeling of being in limbo will pass !!!

Nat
Thanks guys, BUT.....
We sold the house last june, now in rented which is furnished so we have previously sold all big furniture. all that now has to go is sterio`s , playstations, bits and bobs and most of those have got stickers on them with family members names who are buying them.
We have researched and know where we think we want to live ( GEELONG ). Job wise looks good for me, weve looked at cars and Tina has decided what she wants !!.
All lists have been compiled over and over again.
I ate the plasters on the fingers weeks ago.
Damian
Old Mar 14th 2005, 2:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

matt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond repute

It's amazing how quick time goes once the envelope drops through the door. Start the doing the stuff you want to do in the UK, go see the Lake District again, or even Europe while it's still close enough. Make sure everyone has their dental check ups, because it costs fortune in Oz. Make sure your mobiles are unlocked? Figure out how to use a web cam with instant messaging, and teach some one in your family (someone that's not emigrating with you obviously). Er, can't think of anything else.

We're going at the end of April, and all of our weekends are choca.
Old Mar 14th 2005, 7:41 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by matt-and-jenny
It's amazing how quick time goes once the envelope drops through the door. Start the doing the stuff you want to do in the UK, go see the Lake District again, or even Europe while it's still close enough. Make sure everyone has their dental check ups, because it costs fortune in Oz. Make sure your mobiles are unlocked? Figure out how to use a web cam with instant messaging, and teach some one in your family (someone that's not emigrating with you obviously). Er, can't think of anything else.

We're going at the end of April, and all of our weekends are choca.
Thanx guys
Old Mar 14th 2005, 7:44 pm
Forum Regular

leedslad has a brilliant futureleedslad has a brilliant futureleedslad has a brilliant futureleedslad has a brilliant futureleedslad has a brilliant futureleedslad has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Alex Hall
dreaming

etc
etc!

Alex
This mirrors my life too. Weird!
Old Mar 14th 2005, 7:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

MrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the rough

..and the thing is once it does come through all your troubles aint over...gone are the 'when is it going to arrive?' phase as this is followed by the 'yipee! its here' phase, usually followed be a period of amnesia and bad headaches..although that might just be the alchohol. After that its followed by the 'oh my god are we doing the right thing' but this tends to sneak slowly up on you so you dont really notice until one day you go 'oh my god ' this usually hits you when you go...mmm...wont renew insurance because wont be here next here, wont bother with new tyres as I wont be here, last birthday, last xmas...and so on and so on.

But its not all bad as in between the 'oh my god's :scared: ' the 'yipees' start to come back into play (as does the I must buy Australian wine so I can get used to it...fantastic excuse), usually in winter or after having a bad day at work. Unfortunately dont know any further than this as havent moved yet but am sure there will be other equally enjoyable phases.....exciting!!

All I can say si its bleedin' great
Old Mar 15th 2005, 11:21 am
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=MrFlibbleUK]..and the thing is once it does come through all your troubles aint over...gone are the 'when is it going to arrive?' phase as this is followed by the 'yipee! its here' phase, usually followed be a period of amnesia and bad headaches..although that might just be the alchohol. After that its followed by the 'oh my god are we doing the right thing' but this tends to sneak slowly up on you so you dont really notice until one day you go 'oh my god ' this usually hits you when you go...mmm...wont renew insurance because wont be here next here, wont bother with new tyres as I wont be here, last birthday, last xmas...and so on and so on.

But its not all bad as in between the 'oh my god's :scared: ' the 'yipees' start to come back into play (as does the I must buy Australian wine so I can get used to it...fantastic excuse), usually in winter or after having a bad day at work. Unfortunately dont know any further than this as havent moved yet but am sure there will be other equally enjoyable phases.....exciting!!

Hi all,
Been out this morning, had to because i have become a hermit!

I am scared to leave the house just in case today is THEE DAY

Been sat at home trying to find something that I hav'nt done ready for the move, not a bloody thing! Far too well organised for my own good, I have downsized my clothes & hubby's and all kids, I have sold almost all belongings and have list and prices pinned to notice board, I have organised all documents and also downsized, bought new suitcases, booked the car in for touching up ready for sale, found temp accomadation for when we arrive in Oz, sorted new telephone, e.mail, address for all friends and family, have detailed list of most important things to do upon arrive and in which order, etc etc etc! Could prob go on but if anyone could advise if I've missed anything out!

Only missing a bloody VISA

Oh, also been sampling Oz wine for a while new, I think my tastebuds are in tune I THINK i WOULD LIKE TO TRY THE DIFFERENT RANGES OF BEER
Tina x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.