Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How Old Are You All ???

How Old Are You All ???

Old May 5th 2003, 8:28 pm
Forum Regular

anthonykirby is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How Old Are You All ???

I am 20 and taking the BIGGEST chance of my life.

Live fast ... and dont regret a second!

Life is too short - thats why i am off to Oz. Also I like beer!!!!! ha ha ha ha

Anyway - how old are the rest of you? Am I the youngest ?

Anthony
Old May 5th 2003, 8:37 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How Old Are You All ???

Originally posted by anthonykirby

Anthony
You will do well my son,,,, you have the right attitude for this country..... ........mm.....a young 50.
Old May 5th 2003, 8:44 pm
Keelie

Anthony, a lady who'll tell you her age will tell you anything.

You're twenty..how is this the 'biggest chance of your life' ? It just seems
like that at the moment. You've got little to lose..that plane goes both ways, and it's a heckava lot easier to go back home nowadays, than when I was 20 and a 'New Australian' in the 60's. (Ten pound deal).
Good luck, bet you'll have memories to last a lifetime, whether you stay or return.
Keelie

Old May 5th 2003, 8:48 pm
Nutty Nurse

LondonNurse will become famous soon enoughLondonNurse will become famous soon enough

I'm 21 and the main reason I did a nursing degree was so that I could emigrate to either Australia or New Zealand.

Although I probably wouldnt do the nursing again if I could rewind the clock!

I always wanted to be a chef and I saw a few months ago chef/pastry cook was on the occupations in demand list! Nevermind eh?

What's everyone going to be working as when they get to Aus? Is anyone thinking of re-training?

Siobhan x
Old May 5th 2003, 9:01 pm
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

Im 24, my aussie wife is 25.

When are you moving out then?

Old May 5th 2003, 9:03 pm
We arrived november 2004

kentcoast is an unknown quantity at this point

Anthony
Looks like I might be the first of the old gitz to come clean...

42 - Douglas Adams may have set it as the answer to the ultimate question of life, the universe and everything but it means that this is my only chance to get out there. Screw up this time and I'm past the Australian use by date.

Perry
Old May 5th 2003, 9:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

karawara88 is an unknown quantity at this point

Just short of the big 40 at 39
Old May 5th 2003, 10:14 pm
Forum Regular

stotty is on a distinguished road

37. Went to Oz for a holiday last year and liked what I saw so I applied for a visa when I got back. Visa's sorted (2 weeks ago) so, come January I'm off to Adelaide. Thought it was time to see a bit of somewhere else before I get too old or too settled
Old May 5th 2003, 10:43 pm
Nutty Nurse

LondonNurse will become famous soon enoughLondonNurse will become famous soon enough
Unhappy

I'm hoping to go out on a working holiday visa in july 2004 and will take applying for PR from there...

I Was all set up to go on my bf's visa application as he's a qualified radiographer but unfortunately we split up a cpl of weeks ago so its not an option because I don't have enough points to go on my own yet :-(

But hoping to get out to Australia next easter for a 3 weeks. Planning on visiting Sydney,Melbourne and Perth to get a feel for the area.

Is anyone else planning to emigrate on their own? Or is just me?
Old May 6th 2003, 2:07 am
Forum Regular

Slippers is an unknown quantity at this point

As Tony Hancock always used to say, 30-ish.

Slippers
Old May 6th 2003, 5:21 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Anthony
Hope you are not an ageist young man us old buggers keep this land of dole blungers going.
Good luck if I was you America would be my first port of call but Australia will let most in and does .

Last edited by pommie bastard; May 6th 2003 at 5:29 am.
Old May 6th 2003, 5:28 am
?????????

paulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of light

Just turned 40, and I was as PB says considering Florida very seriously, I love the Gulf coast sarasota way, but the missus has all her family in brisbane so thats where we are heading.
Old May 6th 2003, 7:28 am
Forum Regular

anthonykirby is an unknown quantity at this point

The trick for me is - not to think I am on a really long holiday, and to be prepared for hard work and hard times.

With everything in life there are pros/cons but I am ready to work hard to give myself, my fioncee and my future family a better quality of life than they could ever expect in the UK.

Anyway - thanks for the support from you guys. It helps to talk to others who are in the same boat (so to speak)!

Anthony
Old May 6th 2003, 7:58 am
BE Enthusiast

BritboyNZ is an unknown quantity at this point

27 - and 30 is approaching Way too quickly for my liking!!

Been in NZ 2.5yrs, came over on my own. Australia (Melbourne) or possibly Canada next on the list.
Old May 6th 2003, 8:18 am
ems
Forum Regular

ems is an unknown quantity at this point

We're 26 and 29, going while we're still young ?! Don't feel so young now though !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.