Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

how much is your budget?

how much is your budget?

Old Aug 6th 2005, 9:36 am
BE Enthusiast

ukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of light
Default how much is your budget?

Just wandering how much people were budgeting for everything. And for people who are there how much it all cost. for agent. Visa, flight, rent until you find work, and anything that I may of missed.
I am a 23 year old electrician, with a 21 year old girlfriend, and a new born boy. we will hopefully be going for skilled independent. To Perth
Old Aug 6th 2005, 10:34 am
Prisoner of Her Majesty

samnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud of
Default Re: how much is your budget?

Originally Posted by ukdarren22
Just wandering how much people were budgeting for everything. And for people who are there how much it all cost. for agent. Visa, flight, rent until you find work, and anything that I may of missed.
I am a 23 year old electrician, with a 21 year old girlfriend, and a new born boy. we will hopefully be going for skilled independent. To Perth
Can't remember how much everything cost but why are you going to Perth? Come over the east coast - loads more options and would be easier to find work I'm sure.

R

p.s. come to think of it you should probably budget about 10,000 GBP
Old Aug 6th 2005, 10:39 am
Forum Regular

cypry has a brilliant futurecypry has a brilliant futurecypry has a brilliant futurecypry has a brilliant futurecypry has a brilliant futurecypry has a brilliant futurecypry has a brilliant futurecypry has a brilliant future

Hi Darren,
It greatly depends on your plans and expectations.... You should be able to find work straight away in your trade.. So then its flights, rental bond and generally setting yourself up..... We have budgeted for around £10,000 thats moving furniture, dog, us, flights and incidentals.........
I must say that you and your partner a quite young to be fed up here in the UK.. What are your reasons for going if I'm not being too nosey?
Best of luck with it all
Old Aug 6th 2005, 4:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

jacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: how much is your budget?

Originally Posted by cypry
Hi Darren,
It greatly depends on your plans and expectations.... You should be able to find work straight away in your trade.. So then its flights, rental bond and generally setting yourself up..... We have budgeted for around £10,000 thats moving furniture, dog, us, flights and incidentals.........
I must say that you and your partner a quite young to be fed up here in the UK.. What are your reasons for going if I'm not being too nosey?
Best of luck with it all
my budget is £24 but have got £6 contingency!

i don't think they are fed up! i'm not, coz i don't thats a good reason for emigrating, maybe just something they fancy doing - like us

steve
Old Aug 7th 2005, 8:45 am
BE Enthusiast

ukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of light

Its not cos we're fed up of the UK, I just think there is better places in the world to bring up kids and for us to enjoy life while we are still young.
Old Aug 7th 2005, 9:16 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Its not cos we're fed up of the UK, I just think there is better places in the world to bring up kids and for us to enjoy life while we are still young.
Fair play to you. I suspect you'll fare much better than the people who are leaving the UK for negative reasons, rather than moving to Oz for positive ones. Or as various others have put it 'emigrate for the pull factors, rather than the push ones'....
Old Aug 7th 2005, 9:20 am
Forum Regular

Theresa, Ian & Tim is on a distinguished road

Dear ukdarren22
Good for you doing this whilst you are young. We wanted to do it about 10 years ago when our son was 1 but we were talked out of doing it by our parents. We now travel on Thursday to Perth and we can't wait. We are not fed up with the uk we like England but we like Australia too and you only pass this way once so you have to do what you want to do when you want to do it without hopefully upsetting too many people on the way. Best of luck with your move.

Regards
Theresa
Old Aug 7th 2005, 7:04 pm
Forum Regular

cypry has a brilliant futurecypry has a brilliant futurecypry has a brilliant futurecypry has a brilliant futurecypry has a brilliant futurecypry has a brilliant futurecypry has a brilliant futurecypry has a brilliant future

A refrehsingly mature attitude / I wish some of the younger people I know could have your foresight and ambition.
Good luck
Old Aug 9th 2005, 5:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thank you, Everyone. For what u have said, and also for the information. We are hoping to go over there with about £10,000. Its good to see that other people have budgeted with this amount in mind
Old Aug 9th 2005, 5:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

lawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud of

Hi Darren

You sound in a similar position to us although w dont have a little one, we wont have any more than £10,000 either, I guess the way to look at it is a really exciting challenge

Good luck to you guys.
Old Aug 9th 2005, 11:01 pm
She's Diddy, He's Not

diddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond repute

Darren,

We ahd to do it on a tight budget too:

Flights for 2 adults and 2 kids: 2,500 pounds (there's no bloody pound sign on Australian keyboards - funny that).

Application: 700 poundsish
Meds: 550 pounds
Police Checks: something like 50 quid all up coz we needed Oz checks.
Sending our stuff: 600quid. We sold all our furniture and didn't send much.

Then it's really the costs of the first few weeks in Oz till you get a job.

You really can do this on a budget.

Paul.
Old Aug 9th 2005, 11:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

manxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond repute

Cost to complete process - TOO MUCH

Money in bank for new life - NOT ENOUGH

Value of new life in Oz - PRICELESS
Old Aug 9th 2005, 11:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by manxfamily

karma for that

Tracey
Old Aug 10th 2005, 8:40 am
BE Enthusiast

lawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by manxfamily

i totally agree, good luck guys
Old Aug 10th 2005, 11:15 am
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Not a lot...! We have a house to sell but our part of Scotland hasn't seen the huge increase that other areas have felt......So it's scrimp, save, work and pray!

Cheers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.