Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How Much You Taking??

How Much You Taking??

Old Nov 30th 2005, 11:52 am
BE Enthusiast

eintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to all
Default Re: How Much You Taking??

Want to know the secret ?

We've got no kids !!!!!
Old Nov 30th 2005, 11:55 am
Account Closed

Three Legs is an unknown quantity at this point

Let me tell you, I'm a far more contented and fulfilled human being for having kids ... they are everything.

That said ... the extra money would be nice !

Originally Posted by eintracht

We've got no kids !!!!!
Old Nov 30th 2005, 11:56 am
Chocoholic

Juliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond repute

We'll br taking a fair bit with us - possibly around £450k but our dilemna is what do we invest in in Australia to ensure I don't have to work ?
What would other people invest in ?
We got our visas today !!!!!!

BTW, Congratulations on getting your visa
Julie.
Old Nov 30th 2005, 12:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

charlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of light

We've got no kids !!!!!
we only have one , thats the reason that we are behind you , he cost a fortune:scared:
Old Nov 30th 2005, 12:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

eintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Three Legs
Let me tell you, I'm a far more contented and fulfilled human being for having kids ... they are everything.

That said ... the extra money would be nice !
Thats your choice, we've made ours and are happy with it.
Old Nov 30th 2005, 12:16 pm
Forum Regular

ginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond repute

Good for you Eintracht
Old Nov 30th 2005, 12:31 pm
Account Closed

Three Legs is an unknown quantity at this point

Good for you Eintracht

Old Nov 30th 2005, 12:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Juliecabs
BTW, Congratulations on getting your visa
Julie.
Thanks Julie. Wasn't going to post one of the Got It!! posts as I think they are so corny.
Old Nov 30th 2005, 12:42 pm
Chocoholic

Juliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Julie. Wasn't going to post one of the Got It!! posts as I think they are so corny.
They are but we all love 'em
And I'll hopefully be doing the same in the next few months. You've been warned
Julie.
Old Nov 30th 2005, 4:50 pm
?????????

paulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of light

God! I feel like a pauper reading this thread
Old Nov 30th 2005, 4:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

ukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of light

I was just thinking the same thing. Is there anyone going or gone on a shoestring budget
Old Nov 30th 2005, 5:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

The Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by ukdarren22
I was just thinking the same thing. Is there anyone going or gone on a shoestring budget
We are, but hubby's got a fab job to go to so I'm trying not to panic too much :scared:
TJ
Old Nov 30th 2005, 6:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes ... we plan to go with 4 kids on a shoe string... Starting from scratch over there... HE will be selling beloved Triumph to pay for airfares...

We have a beat up bedford midi van that will take us to the airport then it will be driven straight to the scrap yard.. and by the time we have paid for skills assessments/ registrations/ medical/ visa we will have about 53p left..

We will be keeping the house here as the rent will cover the mortgage which is fixed til it runs out in 8 yrs time... We are going to rent til we find where we want to be.... then think again..

I should have enough money for 3 mths rent/ living costs and a delapidated banger like we have here.... I'm a nurse so expect to be working PDQ

We wont be shipping much... certainly no furniture..

Any one want to buy a wedgwood dinner service and a load of edinburgh crystal? .... don't think we'll have much call for that in Oz... Nice stuff to have here, but a waste of valuable shipping space when you are starting a new life..
Old Nov 30th 2005, 6:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lucyb
This worries me big time. We have £20 k LESS than we thought we would...we are not taking much at all.
we're taking less too as we've had to reduce price of house
Old Nov 30th 2005, 6:38 pm
Account Closed

Guest0424 is an unknown quantity at this point

I know this has been asked before, and that it is not a nice question to answer, but wanted to get an idea of how much money people were budgeting for. as a couple with a 4 month old. i am SH*T scared of not being able to provide for my family, but Ever since me and my girlfriend visited Perth to see what it was like 3 years ago we have had itchy feet since.
We have saved up about 3 1/2 grand for the Visa and have about 12,000 tied up in the flat.
good luck darren , am sure you will be ok we cant all be rich but being happy is better

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.