Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

how much are you bieng charged by migration agents

how much are you bieng charged by migration agents

Old Oct 6th 2003, 12:48 am
Life's a beach

St George Six is just really niceSt George Six is just really niceSt George Six is just really niceSt George Six is just really niceSt George Six is just really niceSt George Six is just really niceSt George Six is just really niceSt George Six is just really nice
Default Re: how much are you bieng charged by migration agents

Originally posted by tosh cambridge
im going to look like a complete cheap skate but we didnt employ the help of an agent.
All the information for all types of visa's can be found on the web along with all the forms u need to fill in.
Can't see the point in paying for something you can do yourself.
Plus the money i saved in agent fees can go on a right royal piss up for any1 here going to Newcastle.
So look me up when im there and join in the jollies...

Should be there Nov 03...
Hi everyone,

I could not agree more, do it yourself and save lots of money, the only reason to use a company is because you don't have the time to do the research yourself. If you want to throw your money away I'll do it for £500. Seriously anyone can complete the process with the right research, even an agent can't get you in if you don't qualify. How many other people want £50.00 up front to see if you are suitable.

Cheers and all the best with whatever you do.
Old Oct 6th 2003, 1:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Gra.B is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: nz

Originally posted by matthewsavin
your nearly there then good luck sounds like a great place should be going there next month to double check its what we want
if so will put in for visa straight away just getting all my refs in at the momment.
matt
well...I think December is now a bit optimistic....but hopefully soon after!

I agree with others about not using an agent, for NZ at least, but don't know much about applying for Aus..

Good luck,
Gra..
Old Nov 4th 2003, 7:21 am
Just Joined

scooby1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by drog1998
All in i've paid around £3,500 for the whole thing. About half that goes to the agent and the other half to the TRA and toward the VISA people.

I'm using the Emigration Agency in Chester. Certainly not the cheapest or the quickest but if it works out then i'll be more than happy.

I remember posting the same question about 3 months ago and found out that i was paying over the odds but i'd still like to be reassured though that i haven't been ripped off.
Hi,

I am using The Emigration Agecy in Chester too, when was your application posted off to Adelaide?
Old Nov 4th 2003, 8:07 am
Sydneysider as of May'05

drog1998 is an unknown quantity at this point

About 4-6 weeks ago – I'm trying to forget about it.

Have a look at:

http://www.austimeline.com/index.jsp

my user name is drog1998.

How about you? when did yours go?
Old Nov 4th 2003, 8:21 am
Happy Daddy

markeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant future

Hi there matthewsavin,

I'd keep your money and apply yourself. Save the money.

The process & forms are easy to understand if you read the booklet that goes with it.

The process of skill assessment depends upone what skill you have and is down to the assessing body whoever they are.

I'm just tight though.

Bye
Markeh
Old Nov 4th 2003, 8:32 am
BE Enthusiast

salonit is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by matthewsavin
please if anyone can tell me how much its costing them to use an agent and were they are
thanks

i never thought of using an agent .. i did it all myself and was simple as long as you read the forms thoroughly...and got my visa in 8 months ! ( not frontloading) hope this helps..saloni
Old Nov 4th 2003, 10:39 am
Sydneysider as of May'05

with hindsight i'd do it without an agent. And especially now as i found this site - could of done with the advice before shelling out.
Old Nov 4th 2003, 5:06 pm
Forum Regular

Andy Pandy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
After lots of looking around I used Paul Cutler based in Sydney.
He gave me his quote of 2,200 Aus Dollars and stuck to it for my 457 visa. All this was done via the internet as I am based in Spain.
You can contact him on paulcutler.com.au

Good luck !
Regards,
Andrew
Old Nov 4th 2003, 5:23 pm
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

I read this type of thread with interest (some might say self interest).

When such a significant life changing decision such as applying for an Australian visa is being made I would have thought intending migrants would want to give themselves the best chance of achieving their goal of obtaining a visa ... and I would contend that using a Registered Migration Agent should give most a better prospect of success than going it alone, even if the advice on this forum is helpful on occasions.

Best regards.
Old Nov 4th 2003, 5:33 pm
farmer nr Queenstown NZ

deedee is on a distinguished road

its not rocket science now is it
Old Nov 4th 2003, 5:45 pm
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

No, it isn't, but some might argue that completing a Tax Return isn't difficult. Or carrying out your own conveyancing.

To me it's an issue of giving yourself the best shot at a life changing decision. If you want to have a go yourself that's fine, but don't think or convey the impression that immigration law and the requirements of many of the assessing authorities (if you are looking at a skilled visa) are straightforward and clear cut.

A little knowledge can be a dangerous thing ...

Best regards.

Originally posted by deedee
its not rocket science now is it
Old Nov 4th 2003, 6:11 pm
farmer nr Queenstown NZ

deedee is on a distinguished road

i beg to differ!I'm just a country yokel who grows turnips and i did it myself....i got pr visas in 7 days.
I could think of alot better things to do with ten thousand NZ bucks....i think it worked out at 1350$ an hour for me own labour
Old Nov 4th 2003, 6:34 pm
Migration Agent

I hear what you say, but the main point I was making is that to give yourself the best chance of a successful outcome I would use a professional advisor.

As an aside, the fee you have noted sounds high, even though I'm not sure what visa category you obtained.

Best regards.

Originally posted by deedee
i beg to differ!I'm just a country yokel who grows turnips and i did it myself....i got pr visas in 7 days.
I could think of alot better things to do with ten thousand NZ bucks....i think it worked out at 1350$ an hour for me own labour
Old Nov 4th 2003, 6:46 pm
Forum Regular

stotty is on a distinguished road

Ian Harrop & Associates - £900 (plus visa fees, meds, etc.) in two stages. Did a good job - especially when the pass mark for the points test changed mid-way through my application! Came up with a few alternatives that I probably wouldn't have known about on my own.

Like others have said, agents take a lot of the hassle out of the whole thing. I guess it just depends how much hassle you can put up with to save £900!
Old Nov 4th 2003, 8:31 pm
Sydneysider as of May'05

Can anybody tell me why the Emigration Group in Chester is so expensive. For TRA and the VISA appilcation not including Medicals it comes to around £3,000. Again with that wonderful thing called hindsight there fees do sound like a rip off.

Anyway its paid now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.