Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How much is suncream?

How much is suncream?

Old Apr 16th 2007, 5:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

What_a_life is just really niceWhat_a_life is just really niceWhat_a_life is just really niceWhat_a_life is just really niceWhat_a_life is just really niceWhat_a_life is just really niceWhat_a_life is just really niceWhat_a_life is just really niceWhat_a_life is just really niceWhat_a_life is just really nice
Default How much is suncream?

I know its a bit of a mad question, but how expensive is suncream in Oz. Just wondered as I was shopping today for suncream for the kids,was looking in Boots,etc,its so flipping expensive. Am hoping that as we are going to need it for evermore once we get there,it will be a bit cheaper!!!!!
Thanks Deb
Old Apr 16th 2007, 5:43 pm
Forum Regular

Find the sun is just really niceFind the sun is just really niceFind the sun is just really niceFind the sun is just really niceFind the sun is just really niceFind the sun is just really niceFind the sun is just really niceFind the sun is just really niceFind the sun is just really niceFind the sun is just really nice
Default Re: How much is suncream?

We bought a giant bottle with a pump in coles, value brand stuff factor 30 for about $11 a tub, it did the job and the amount you have to put on the kids you need a big one. Not worth buying anything here, overpriced and you'd get through it in a couple of days.
Old Apr 16th 2007, 6:02 pm
Forum Regular

Bonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to all

I'm interested in this question too, also would like to know, if anyone perfers a certain brand etc, like P20 once a day sun filter, which is fantastic, as once it's applaied your protected all day.

I will be greatful for any advise, as personally I HATE suncream, just the slippy slimy feel of the stuff.

thanks
Old Apr 16th 2007, 6:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Maple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by What_a_life
I know its a bit of a mad question, but how expensive is suncream in Oz. Just wondered as I was shopping today for suncream for the kids,was looking in Boots,etc,its so flipping expensive. Am hoping that as we are going to need it for evermore once we get there,it will be a bit cheaper!!!!!
Thanks Deb
Hi there~

Suncream in australia by aussie standards is very reasonable cost wise. Just be aware of the expiration dates when buying. They don't last forever.

Also of great value is what is called UV protective clothing for kids to wear at the beach etc. it is of light fabric and great for when they are playing around on the sand building sandcastles and xploring around on the rocks etc. So much for a kid to do at the beach. When i was younger my siblings and i spent hours and hours at the beach. Back then we had to wear the Zinc cream, which you can still buy. However with the improved sunscreen products one doesn't have to walk around with a bright pink nose anymore..hehehehe BUT in saying that it does work...

As i am older now i can tell first hand that sun damage does come out later. I have a *thing* on my shoulder that is need of burning off. and also have had skin treatments for my face. As has ALL of my siblings. I also have a family friend who has had over 100 sun spots removed. My mother is constantly having something burnt or frozen off. it is a real issue.....and it is a credit to you that you are thinking of your family

Good Luck and enjoy Australia. It is truly a beautiful land..
Old Apr 16th 2007, 6:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Maple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Bonnybute
I'm interested in this question too, also would like to know, if anyone perfers a certain brand etc, like P20 once a day sun filter, which is fantastic, as once it's applaied your protected all day.

I will be greatful for any advise, as personally I HATE suncream, just the slippy slimy feel of the stuff.

thanks
Hi Bonny~

I so hear you.

Sunscreen protection is avaible in moisturisers for the face and also makeup.

In Australia i used to buy a product from a store called David jones..it was a tinted moisturiser. Just can't think of the brand at the moment. if i do will pop back and write it in. Those tinted sunscreen moisturisers work well.

I can't think of any particular brand for sunscreens. they all work pretty well much the same. and i would swap around and buy a diff one each year. as there is always new and improved ones on the market.

Old Apr 16th 2007, 6:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

What_a_life is just really niceWhat_a_life is just really niceWhat_a_life is just really niceWhat_a_life is just really niceWhat_a_life is just really niceWhat_a_life is just really niceWhat_a_life is just really niceWhat_a_life is just really niceWhat_a_life is just really niceWhat_a_life is just really nice

Thanks, I thought it would be much cheaper,but just wanted to check.
I was also wondering about the stuff you only need to apply once a day,as putting on cream is like washing an octopus,and they are always complaining I get it in their eyes,( I dont,they just like to have a moan ,as kids do)
Thanks for the uv clothing tip, I have some bits that I have bought from tescos, but to be honest,will stock up in oz,where I know the stuff will be the real mccoy,suitable for proper sun,not british sun
Old Apr 16th 2007, 10:56 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

I was also wondering about the stuff you only need to apply once a day,as putting on cream is like washing an octopus,and they are always complaining I get it in their eyes,( I dont,they just like to have a moan ,as kids do)
Thanks for the uv clothing tip, I have some bits that I have bought from tescos, but to be honest,will stock up in oz,where I know the stuff will be the real mccoy,suitable for proper sun,not british sun
We buy the giant 2L jug of sunscreen and it sits in our kitchen, where we see it all the time. Before anyone in our house goes outside they squirt some on. My husband is (was) very blond, now bald, and fair skinned and the kids and I are both fair with lot of red in our hair and freckles. We all tend to burn quite easily. In order for sun screen to be effective, though, it has to be reapplied often. And do go for your mole checks yearly.
Old Apr 16th 2007, 10:57 pm
Forum Regular

cra1gm is an unknown quantity at this point

not seen the once a day stuff here, cant imagine it would be anywhere near strong enough for the ozzy sun, factor 30 here is like industrial strength.
Old Apr 16th 2007, 11:02 pm
loz
this is home!!

loz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond repute

thanks
Because of the strength of the sun over here doctors DON'T recommend the once a day stuff (and you will find it hard to buy) they tend to recommend anything over factor 20 applied every 3-4 hours.
Don't forget though sun protection comes in all ways and here they have a simple rule to remember.................SLIP SLAP SLOP

SLIP into a T-shirt
SLAP on a hat (and at the height of summer you will need one)
SLOP on the sunscreen

Because sun cream is an essential it is a lot cheaper (and more effective) than in the UK.
Old Apr 17th 2007, 5:41 am
Forum Regular

Location: Previously Sydney, Australia... now Oakville, Canada...love it!
Ginger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to all
Smile Re: How much is suncream?

Originally Posted by Maple Leaf
Hi Bonny~

I so hear you.

Sunscreen protection is avaible in moisturisers for the face and also makeup.

In Australia i used to buy a product from a store called David jones..it was a tinted moisturiser. Just can't think of the brand at the moment. if i do will pop back and write it in. Those tinted sunscreen moisturisers work well.

I can't think of any particular brand for sunscreens. they all work pretty well much the same. and i would swap around and buy a diff one each year. as there is always new and improved ones on the market.

Oil of Olay moisturiser comes with a sunscreen, it's a reputable brand here and available in supermarkets.
Old Apr 17th 2007, 6:27 am
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

I get the kids suncream, seems to be less greasy then the cheap stuff that comes in liter tubs.
Old Apr 17th 2007, 7:19 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks
P20 is of no use in Oz infact Im sure it has been banned...but I may be wrong You need Broad Spectrum sunscrean for here. I use Pricelines own make $10 for a litre its fab stuff
Old Apr 17th 2007, 7:37 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Chemist own stuff. Very cheap. Brill.
Old Apr 17th 2007, 7:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Gibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond repute

Don't worry once you're here they'll put it on for themselves and so won't complain!
Old Apr 17th 2007, 7:55 am
Forum Regular

Location: Previously Sydney, Australia... now Oakville, Canada...love it!
Ginger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to all
Smile Re: How much is suncream?

Originally Posted by Gibbo
Don't worry once you're here they'll put it on for themselves and so won't complain!
Anyway, whatever you buy, you'll need 30+ in the Aussie heat. We have the highest rate of skin cancer in the world. Those convicts were sure brought to the wrong country!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.