Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How much notice needed to book flights for pets???

How much notice needed to book flights for pets???

Old May 4th 2007, 8:26 pm
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute
Default How much notice needed to book flights for pets???

As we are still waiting for a completion date on our house sale and would like to get to Aus by mid June, I wondered how much notice is needed to get your pet onto a flight?

Golden Arrow mentioned a month!!!

He's still to have his blood tests which I believe have to be done within 30 days of flying, but we do have the import permit in place.

How much notice have you guys had to give? Im hoping some of you have done it with less than a month!!! C x
Old May 4th 2007, 8:34 pm
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How much notice needed to book flights for pets???

Originally Posted by shiels
As we are still waiting for a completion date on our house sale and would like to get to Aus by mid June, I wondered how much notice is needed to get your pet onto a flight?

He's still to have his blood tests which I believe have to be done within 30 days of flying, but we do have the import permit in place.

How much notice have you guys had to give? Im hoping some of you have done it with less than a month!!! C x
The flight isn't the problem. The problem is getting a place in the quarantine station.

As you have the import permit in place, have you booked a place at the quarantine station? Just phone them up yourself and book a provisional date.

Gina
Old May 4th 2007, 8:34 pm

Simba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of light

We have our permits and are shipping with airpets (when we sell the Bl**dy house) they told us about a month but it depends on space at the quarintine station, it can be upto 5 months waiting .
Old May 4th 2007, 8:39 pm
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NeilCk
We have our permits and are shipping with airpets (when we sell the Bl**dy house) they told us about a month but it depends on space at the quarintine station, it can be upto 5 months waiting .
Neil,

as I said in reply to shiels's post, if you have the import permit you can book a place in the quarantine station NOW! You don't need to have the flight booked, i.e. you don't need to have a definite departure date. As long as you have the import permit, you can phone up the quarantine station yourself and book a place.

I know because I did just that last Monday . Our cat has a place at Byford now from 7 August. Nearer the time, this can be confirmed or altered.

Gina

P.S. We're also using Airpets for the rest of the process.
Old May 4th 2007, 8:42 pm
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GinaUK
The flight isn't the problem. The problem is getting a place in the quarantine station.

As you have the import permit in place, have you booked a place at the quarantine station? Just phone them up yourself and book a provisional date.

Gina
Can we do this even though the pet shippers have the permit? Dog will be flying to Brisbane.

I thought the problem with waiting times was just at Perth? C x
Old May 4th 2007, 8:54 pm

Simba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of light

Neil,

as I said in reply to shiels's post, if you have the import permit you can book a place in the quarantine station NOW! You don't need to have the flight booked, i.e. you don't need to have a definite departure date. As long as you have the import permit, you can phone up the quarantine station yourself and book a place.

I know because I did just that last Monday . Our cat has a place at Byford now from 7 August. Nearer the time, this can be confirmed or altered.

Gina

P.S. We're also using Airpets for the rest of the process.

Thanks Gina, thats worth doing once we have a buyer for the house
Old May 4th 2007, 9:01 pm
Banned

Can we do this even though the pet shippers have the permit?
If the pet shippers have the permit, tell them to get their finger out, phone the Brisbane quarantine station and book a place for your pooch.

Gina
Old May 4th 2007, 9:04 pm
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

If the pet shippers have the permit, tell them to get their finger out, phone the Brisbane quarantine station and book a place for your pooch.

Gina
They've told us the next step is to get the flight booked and the blood test done, so now im confused!!!!!!!!! Which doesnt take much at the moment!!!!

Maybe you could also tell me how to get my house chain moving too??!!!!

Thanks Gina C x
Old May 4th 2007, 9:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute

Can we do this even though the pet shippers have the permit? Dog will be flying to Brisbane.

Mandy x told me it's 3 months when she enquired, don't know anything other than that though
Old May 5th 2007, 1:12 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I might be wrong, cos things may have changed, but I think the quarantine place is in Sydney not Brisbane?
Old May 5th 2007, 1:20 am
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute

there is a three month waiting time for quorantine in perth,,
Old May 5th 2007, 8:29 am
Account Closed

JenJen is an unknown quantity at this point

errrrm how do you get one of those permit thingy majiggy's????
Old May 5th 2007, 8:31 am
BE Forum Addict

breezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by JenJen
errrrm how do you get one of those permit thingy majiggy's????
Your pet shippers will get it for you.
Tracie
Old May 5th 2007, 8:35 am
Account Closed

JenJen is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by breezeboylan
Tracie
Oh phewwwwwww ta muchly
Old May 5th 2007, 8:55 pm
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

Originally Posted by Pollyana
I might be wrong, cos things may have changed, but I think the quarantine place is in Sydney not Brisbane?
Your'e right Pollyana, its Sydney. Think i was having a blonde moment!!!!! C x

Originally Posted by breezeboylan
Tracie
Think you can also apply for it yourself too...............C x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.