Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How much more do we have to take?

How much more do we have to take?

Old Jun 11th 2003, 1:39 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by etlniwd
This forum went through one of these phases about nine months ago when I was just about to move to Australia and PB and his childish followers first started posting their drivel.

I stopped using it then because it had ceased to be of any practical use. I came back to it at the start of this year. PB and a few other whingers were still ruining threads but at least they were the only ones. It now seems to have lost its purpose again.
Not another refugee crying wolf , god you people give me no hope for this useless country, only tell me nice things because I am affraid of the dark

Last edited by pommie bastard; Jun 11th 2003 at 2:18 am.
Old Jun 11th 2003, 2:15 am
Forum Regular

onetwothree is an unknown quantity at this point

"there are a group of people on here who have not made a success of their lives in Australia and now want to move back to the UK. Because they have failed they don't want to see anybody else make a success of it. They start listing every negative they can about Australian life and posting it on this forum as though it was an everyday occurence."

well said Nick
Old Jun 11th 2003, 2:20 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by onetwothree
"there are a group of people on here who have not made a success of their lives in Australia and now want to move back to the UK. Because they have failed they don't want to see anybody else make a success of it. They start listing every negative they can about Australian life and posting it on this forum as though it was an everyday occurence."

well said Nick
Dream on , you know not what it is to be a failure in Australia but sounds like you will find out.
Lets see as a couple we are in the top 20% of earners in Australia as my bank manager informed me , so god help the rest.
You want the truth you cannot take the truth , now where have I heard that before?

Last edited by pommie bastard; Jun 11th 2003 at 2:23 am.
Old Jun 11th 2003, 2:32 am
Forum Regular

garywarby is an unknown quantity at this point

"You Can't Handle the Truth"
"A Few Good Men", Jack Nicholson and Tom Cruise, that's where you heard it?
Old Jun 11th 2003, 2:33 am
Banned

Originally posted by garywarby
"You Can't Handle the Truth"
"A Few Good Men", Jack Nicholson and Tom Cruise, that's where you heard it?
I stand corrected but it was a very watchable film.

Old Jun 11th 2003, 3:45 am
Forum Regular

megawho is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by etlniwd
This forum went through one of these phases about nine months ago when I was just about to move to Australia and PB and his childish followers first started posting their drivel.

I stopped using it then because it had ceased to be of any practical use. I came back to it at the start of this year. PB and a few other whingers were still ruining threads but at least they were the only ones. It now seems to have lost its purpose again.

Unfortunately it DOES matter. I used these forums as a vital source of information when I was in the process of moving to Australia. If it wasn't for the fact that I had already been to Australia several times and the fact that I have learnt to see through trolls over the years, I might have been put off moving by some of the comments on here. Genuine facts are fine whether they be good or bad. But there are a group of people on here who have not made a success of their lives in Australia and now want to move back to the UK. Because they have failed they don't want to see anybody else make a success of it. They start listing every negative they can about Australian life and posting it on this forum as though it was an everyday occurence.

I'm not sure if you would include me as one of these people, but as my wife and I are seriously thinking about moving back to the UK, and I've posted one or two negative comments, I'm going to respond.
As it happens I think Oz is a fine country in quite alot of ways, but then I also think the UK is as well, and probably is the country my wife and I would like to live in, more so than oz for a variety of reasons. But it would make it very hard to have a decent forum if all people could post here were positive stories. People like Dotty etc are just telling it like they see it...you may not agree with it, I may not at times, but thats their perspective. Thye should be allowed to express it. And to my mind its no different than some of the people who live in the UK, and who post here....there are a few people who are so persistently negative about their lives there...when I read some posters I think 'my god what are you talking about?' ...perhaps they feel the need to justify their reasons for emigrating, I don't know, but the people I personally know in the UK are living happy contented lives. But the point is thats their opinion....I happen to think that some people who post here need to get a sense of perspective all round. People ahve different reasons for emigrating, and different things that are important to them. Just accept that everyone has a right to express their views here.:lecture:
Sorry for the lecture.....
Old Jun 11th 2003, 4:02 am
Banned

Originally posted by megawho
I'm not sure if you would include me as one of these people, but as my wife and I are seriously thinking about moving back to the UK, and I've posted one or two negative comments, I'm going to respond.
As it happens I think Oz is a fine country in quite alot of ways, but then I also think the UK is as well, and probably is the country my wife and I would like to live in, more so than oz for a variety of reasons. But it would make it very hard to have a decent forum if all people could post here were positive stories. People like Dotty etc are just telling it like they see it...you may not agree with it, I may not at times, but thats their perspective. Thye should be allowed to express it. And to my mind its no different than some of the people who live in the UK, and who post here....there are a few people who are so persistently negative about their lives there...when I read some posters I think 'my god what are you talking about?' ...perhaps they feel the need to justify their reasons for emigrating, I don't know, but the people I personally know in the UK are living happy contented lives. But the point is thats their opinion....I happen to think that some people who post here need to get a sense of perspective all round. People ahve different reasons for emigrating, and different things that are important to them. Just accept that everyone has a right to express their views here.:lecture:

I hope I am not quote ''persistently negative about their lives '' , that means Australia is not as good as I thought.

The point is I can laugh at the over the top back slapping refugees who think stepping aboard a plane to the arse end of the planet will make life worth living.

On a personal note I have had good times here and have a good job compared to most here , thats not saying life is fuller here its not.

I do not wish to end my working life here or at this time my retirement , even though with this job its as near to being retired I've come.

Good luck to all , some will need it more than others?

Last edited by pommie bastard; Jun 11th 2003 at 4:47 am.
Old Jun 11th 2003, 4:02 am
Banned

Originally posted by megawho

I hope I am not quote ''persistently negative about their lives '' , that means Australia is not as good as I thought.

The point is I can laugh at the over the top back slapping refugees who think stepping aboard a plane to the arse end of the planet will make life worth living.

On a personal note I have had good times here and have a good job compared to most here , thats not saying life is fuller here its not.

I do not wish to end my working life here or at this time my retirement , even though with this job its as near to being retired I've come.

Last edited by pommie bastard; Jun 11th 2003 at 4:43 am.
Old Jun 11th 2003, 4:05 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by pommie bastard

The point is I can laugh at the over top back slapping refugees who think stepping aboard a plane to the arse end of the planet will make life worth living.

I reckon when I'm close to retirement and my kids/grandkids are in the UK I will probably go back too. (probably on a 6 months there 6 months here sort or arrangement).

Long way off though.
Old Jun 11th 2003, 4:41 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Originally posted by onetwothree

well said Nick

There are also some of us who want to move back to the UK in the future who are quite well off here in Aus thank you very much. No mortgage, very well paid jobs, but lo and behold still dislike Aus. Ever thought money, bricks and mortar and well-paid careers do not bring long time happiness..

Don't tar everyone who lists the bad points of Aus (as well as the good) with the same brush, it's very simplistic and child like thinking.

Cheers

P. S. there is an ignore feature on this forum you can use. I suppose you sit down in front of the TV too and moan "this is Cr*p", "Well “Rita�, I don't really like this", "I don't agree with this" , but you do nothing about it - like pressing the off switch.... simple!
Old Jun 11th 2003, 5:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Kiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by Ceri
There are also some of us who want to move back to the UK in the future who are quite well off here in Aus thank you very much. No mortgage, very well paid jobs, but lo and behold still dislike Aus. Ever thought money, bricks and mortar and well-paid careers do not bring long time happiness..

Don't tar everyone who lists the bad points of Aus (as well as the good) with the same brush, it's very simplistic and child like thinking.

Cheers
!
You mean just like PB tars everyone who likes Australia an Idiot, gullible fool, Dreamer, need I go on.

The people who move here find they have such a full life that they don't have time to waste posting on here only to be slagged off by people who have failed down here, and cannot wait to get back to the UK.

"Ever thought money, bricks and mortar and well-paid careers do not bring long time happiness" Your quote applies just as much to people living in the UK as it does down here.

The sooner you lot of miseryguts go back to the UK, the better off the rest of us who like it down here will be.

Australia dosn't suit everyone, and negative posts are usefull to would be Ozzies, but what PB posts is way over the top.

I still cannot comprehend how someone who seems to dislike the place so much could actually stay here for 9 years, that alone must says heaps about his real feeling for the country.
Old Jun 11th 2003, 5:14 am
Banned

Originally posted by Kiwipaul
You mean just like PB tars everyone who likes Australia an Idiot, gullible fool, Dreamer, need I go on.

The people who move here find they have such a full life that they don't have time to waste posting on here only to be slagged off by people who have failed down here, and cannot wait to get back to the UK.

"Ever thought money, bricks and mortar and well-paid careers do not bring long time happiness" Your quote applies just as much to people living in the UK as it does down here.

The sooner you lot of miseryguts go back to the UK, the better off the rest of us who like it down here will be.

Australia dosn't suit everyone, and negative posts are usefull to would be Ozzies, but what PB posts is way over the top.

I still cannot comprehend how someone who seems to dislike the place so much could actually stay here for 9 years, that alone must says heaps about his real feeling for the country.

You are far to young and naive to voice such misguided views , but just open your mouth wider I see a turd is stuck?

Last edited by pommie bastard; Jun 11th 2003 at 5:17 am.
Old Jun 11th 2003, 5:17 am
Forum Regular

appletree is an unknown quantity at this point

You are far to young and naive to voice such misguided views , but just open mouth wider I see a turd is stuck?

yet another abusive post from PB when Kiwipaul made some excellent points.

Why have you stayed in Oz for 9 years PB ?????????
Old Jun 11th 2003, 5:19 am
Banned

Originally posted by appletree
yet another abusive post from PB when Kiwipaul made some excellent points.

Why have you stayed in Oz for 9 years PB ?????????
You care how nice , I should have given up years ago I take it, us missionarys are not easy meat.

Old Jun 11th 2003, 5:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Kiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to behold

You are far to young and naive to voice such misguided views , but just open mouth wider I see a turd is stuck?

The person with the misguided views is you, but you are obviously not alone.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.