Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How much money are we taking to OZ?

View Poll Results: How much money are you taking to OZ?
Under £10k
10.79%
£10k - £30k
13.67%
£30k - £50K
5.76%
£50k - £100k
18.71%
£100k - £150k
16.55%
£150k - £200k
10.79%
£200k - £300k
10.79%
£300k - £400k
5.76%
£400k - £500k
0.72%
Over £500k
6.47%
Voters: 139. You may not vote on this poll

How much money are we taking to OZ?

Old Jun 26th 2006, 4:20 am
BE Enthusiast

midwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to all
Default Re: How much money are we taking to OZ?

Originally Posted by jojo90
Thats very reassuring....we're not taking much at all. Not much left after flights, shipping and initial accomdation costs!! Don't own a property to sell so no equity from that. Will hopefully have a job to go to shortly after arrival!! :scared:

Hi all,

We're not taking very much either...but we do both have jobs waiting for us (which is reassuring to me!)
Having equity is nice, but once it's put into a home you still have to eat, pay bills etc.....unless you have big $$$$$ I'd imagine it's difficult to buy a home and live off the remainder indefinately...
Tanya
Old Jun 26th 2006, 4:27 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Answers to this will be misleading.

I am taking quite a lot of money but then I am much older than many on here and have less working years left

I also have equity from a house because I have had a mortgage for 25 years. Many would not be in that position.

G
Old Jun 26th 2006, 4:34 am

Issie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by maggy
arrived 2 years ago with $12.000 and a suitcase each of clothing :scared:

Still here very happy.

Will go back to UK in another 3 years for a holiday.

Hubby in process of starting his own painting business and im happy working in aged care facilty.

Have 2 kids both aged 16

Mags

Good for you Mags........Goes to show money doesn't make the world go round. Good luck for the future
Old Jun 26th 2006, 4:36 am

Issie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grayling
Answers to this will be misleading.

I am taking quite a lot of money but then I am much older than many on here and have less working years left

I also have equity from a house because I have had a mortgage for 25 years. Many would not be in that position.

G
Good looks and money what more could any woman want Hiya G...
Old Jun 26th 2006, 4:38 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Issie
Good looks and money what more could any woman want Hiya G...

'Ey up Issie

How the Devil are you?

G
Old Jun 26th 2006, 4:39 am

Originally Posted by Grayling

'Ey up Issie

How the Devil are you?

G
I am fine thank Hun.....how about you and yours? Received Ack today , bloody hell i am nearly there......and your gonna be my sugar daddy with all that dosh

Are we still having that chinese?
Old Jun 26th 2006, 4:42 am
Bitter and twisted

Originally Posted by Issie
I am fine thank Hun.....how about you and yours? Received Ack today , bloody hell i am nearly there......and your gonna be my sugar daddy with all that dosh

Are we still having that chinese?
Send you a PM later.

I have to go out now....to play a boules match....in the rain

G
Old Jun 26th 2006, 4:43 am

[QUOTE=Grayling]Send you a PM later.

I have to go out now....to play a boules match....in the rain

G[/QUOTE

Good luck

Catch up with you soon x