Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How much money to take?

How much money to take?

Old Aug 8th 2007, 8:06 pm
Forum Regular

Don2211 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How much money to take?

If I get accepted (med's received 5 weeks ago) I will be taking 25,000 Pounds at the most.
I was hoping to go travelling for a few months and by the time I settle in OZ be left with approx 20,000 Pounds.

I am a single guy and will be doing the move on my own

Is 20,000 Pounds enough??

Thanks in advance for any replys
Old Aug 8th 2007, 8:09 pm
pink 'n' bouncy

stuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How much money to take?

well it certainly wont be enuff if you wanna buy a 30 grand car

Lee
Old Aug 8th 2007, 8:15 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by stuckinblighty
well it certainly wont be enuff if you wanna buy a 30 grand car

Lee
There was me thinkin that I could have got a 30 grand car for 20 grand too.

Good job u told me that there- Tosser
Old Aug 8th 2007, 8:20 pm
Forum Regular

fontii will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Don2211

Use all the money you have to buy a sense of humour mate
Old Aug 8th 2007, 8:25 pm
Forum Regular

Although I would say you need a months worth of rent up front, plus rent deposit, plus car purchase. Up to the point you first get paid from the new job.

Could be as little as £1000 if you get into shared accomodation (ie renting a room off someone) and get the very cheapest Ford Falcon and you already have a job there.
Old Aug 8th 2007, 8:30 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by fontii
Although I would say you need a months worth of rent up front, plus rent deposit, plus car purchase. Up to the point you first get paid from the new job.

Could be as little as £1000 if you get into shared accomodation (ie renting a room off someone) and get the very cheapest Ford Falcon and you already have a job there.
Thanks for that.

I'll will probs have shared accomodation to begin with and just buy a run around
Old Aug 8th 2007, 8:33 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for that.

I'll will probs have shared accomodation to begin with and just buy a run around
I'm kinda doing the same thing as you but without the travelling. I'm just gonna settle in Bris, rent a room off someone on a long term basis for about $120pw, buy a cheapish car straight away for about $5000 and am planning on starting the job within 2 weeks of landing so i'll only have 2 weeks food / beer expenses. Oh and I need to buy a laptop too for about $1500.

Andy
Old Aug 8th 2007, 8:42 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by fontii
I'm kinda doing the same thing as you but without the travelling. I'm just gonna settle in Bris, rent a room off someone on a long term basis for about $120pw, buy a cheapish car straight away for about $5000 and am planning on starting the job within 2 weeks of landing so i'll only have 2 weeks food / beer expenses. Oh and I need to buy a laptop too for about $1500.

Andy
I forgot all about a laptop- I'll need to add that to the list.

My travellings not a definite, depends on the cash flow. One of my mates is going to travel around australia so I might tag along and see where I see myself settling.

One of my other mates lives in Perth and thats why I am thinking of moving there to begin with

Don
Are u doin this on your own too?
Old Aug 9th 2007, 7:42 am
Forum Regular

My travellings not a definite, depends on the cash flow. One of my mates is going to travel around australia so I might tag along and see where I see myself settling.

One of my other mates lives in Perth and thats why I am thinking of moving there to begin with

Don
Yeah, I did the travelling thing in 2005. Would defo recommend it. Found that for me, Bris was the best place to live.
Going on my own but my girlfriend will hopefully be joining me after a few months.

Wish I had 25k mate!
Old Aug 9th 2007, 8:48 am
pink 'n' bouncy

stuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond repute

you calling me a tosser?

you twat

lee
Old Aug 9th 2007, 8:50 am
Forum Regular

you calling me a tosser?

you twat

You callin me a twat, Ya tosser

lee

Old Aug 9th 2007, 8:53 am
pink 'n' bouncy

you tosspottin' twathead

It was originally a throwaway comment,no harm meant

Do me favour on your aussie travels,dont come to Melbourne

Lee
Old Aug 9th 2007, 8:57 am
Forum Regular

you tosspottin' twathead

It was originally a throwaway comment,no harm meant

Do me favour on your aussie travels,dont come to Melbourne

Lee

I was only havin a laugh mate and I thot u would have seen that too.

I knew you were havin a laugh too.

See u in Melbourne
Old Aug 9th 2007, 8:59 am
pink 'n' bouncy

I was only havin a laugh mate and I thot u would have seen that too.

I knew you were havin a laugh too.

See u in Melbourne
not bloody likely...you're a sweaty...i keep well clear of them ................

Lee
Old Aug 9th 2007, 9:33 am
Niamh,Paul + 4 :)

Baby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to behold

Don
i reckon thats more than enough money to bring with you we have friends living in Brisbane and my husband was over in April for a month on a recon mission he found you can get a car for about $2000 pay for your reggo and your off i think the cars are cheaper and people don't care what you drive as long as it gets you from A to B we probably wont have that much going we we are a party of 5 good luck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.