How much money

Old Jul 14th 2005, 9:37 am
G'day Sport

Rick C is a glorious beacon of lightRick C is a glorious beacon of lightRick C is a glorious beacon of lightRick C is a glorious beacon of lightRick C is a glorious beacon of lightRick C is a glorious beacon of lightRick C is a glorious beacon of lightRick C is a glorious beacon of lightRick C is a glorious beacon of lightRick C is a glorious beacon of lightRick C is a glorious beacon of light
Question How much money

Hi Guys

Realistically how much money would you say you needed behind you before you started the visa process.
Any info would be appreciated.

Rick
Old Jul 14th 2005, 2:20 pm
Just Joined

steeleo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: How much money

I've just completed my spousal visa - my wife is from Oz. As well as the visa fee, you have to put in your meds, police checks and the hidden costs of having all offical documents stamped to prove they are originals.
May get shouted down here but I reckon I didn't get a great load of change out of a grand.
Hope that helps.
OLi.
Old Jul 14th 2005, 2:22 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rick C
Hi Guys

Realistically how much money would you say you needed behind you before you started the visa process.

Rick
Depends what visa class you are applying for

all the costs are listed here www.dimia.com.au
Old Jul 14th 2005, 2:27 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Guys

Rick
Current fees charged are here for you :

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/990i/990i_booklet6.htm

The you will have the charge for assesment of your skills by the appropriate body (in cases of skilled visas), medicals, police searches and if you employ a migration agent then thier fee in addition.

Basically I think £2.5k+ is more like it..... :scared:
Old Jul 14th 2005, 2:35 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Centurion
Basically I think £2.5k+ is more like it..... :scared:
Yep, Spouse visas are much cheaper than Skills visas, cos of not needing assessments and that sort of thing.
Old Jul 14th 2005, 2:37 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Yep, Spouse visas are much cheaper than Skills visas, cos of not needing assessments and that sort of thing.
And a 139 is more money that a 136 due to stumping up for your assurance of support
Old Jul 14th 2005, 2:38 pm
Just Joined

steeleo is an unknown quantity at this point

Bl00dy hell - didn't realise the differences! And I thought a grand was a lot of dough.
Sure it'll all be worth it though.
We fly to Brisbane 1 August - almost there
OLi.
Old Jul 14th 2005, 2:54 pm
NorthLakes, Brissy

wargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond repute

I reckon £2-3k add on another £3/4k+ on top if you intend to validate and then migrate afterwards
Old Jul 14th 2005, 3:03 pm
G'day Sport

Rick C is a glorious beacon of lightRick C is a glorious beacon of lightRick C is a glorious beacon of lightRick C is a glorious beacon of lightRick C is a glorious beacon of lightRick C is a glorious beacon of lightRick C is a glorious beacon of lightRick C is a glorious beacon of lightRick C is a glorious beacon of lightRick C is a glorious beacon of lightRick C is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks for all the info looks we've got alot of saving and research to do before we can start filling out the forms. I take it the majority of these things are paid in a lump sum so you need the funds readily available.

Thanks again
Rick
Old Jul 14th 2005, 3:05 pm
High in the Dandenongs

Thanks for all the info looks we've got alot of saving and research to do before we can start filling out the forms. I take it the majority of these things are paid in a lump sum so you need the funds readily available.

Thanks again
Rick
Or a visa card
Old Jul 14th 2005, 3:36 pm
G'day Sport

Originally Posted by hevs
Or a visa card
Told you I had alot of research to do I didn't know that you could keep you're credit card when you changed country, thought that you had to clear all you debts.
The research continues
No doubt I'll have alot more questions for everyone so thank you in advance for your answers.
Cheers
Rick
Old Jul 14th 2005, 3:48 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Told you I had alot of research to do I didn't know that you could keep you're credit card when you changed country, thought that you had to clear all you debts.
The research continues
No doubt I'll have alot more questions for everyone so thank you in advance for your answers.
Cheers
Rick
Keep 'em coming, but don't forget the search facility although if the question hasn't been asked for a while the answer might be a bit out of date.

Good luck
Old Jul 15th 2005, 1:51 am
High in the Dandenongs

The research continues
Cheers
Rick
I would actually advise you to pay it off before you leave as it will work out very expensive to pay the pounds off once earning dollars.

We kept ours open and actually bought a car with it while we waited a couple of weeks for fiance to come through, then paid it straight off

We still have them now in case of emergencies