Reload this Page >

How Much Longer???????

Wikiposts

How Much Longer???????

Old Aug 18th 2003, 1:50 am
Forum Regular

Jo Cousins will become famous soon enough
Default How Much Longer???????

Can anyone help??? We put our house on the market 3 weeks ago today and were lucky enough to get an offer for the full asking price the next day. However, altho' we have completed all necessary applications and have submitted our bond i wanted to ring up oz to see if they could confirm whether or not we had a visa before we accepted any offers on the house. When i rang the lady informed me that we had been granted a visa and the paperwork was pending....this was 3 weeks ago now tho' and STILL nothing has come in the post. I know i am probably being impatient but this is soooo stressful. It is the worst bit of waiting we have had to do so far and now i am panicking that they have changed their minds!!!! Is anyone else out there in the same position or can advise how long it might take before we hear anything??
Old Aug 18th 2003, 1:58 am
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

If I were you I wouldn't hesitate to accept the offer on your house and get the ball rolling. After all it takes weeks to get the surveys, searches etc done.

I wouldn't imagine you have long to wait - have they got your email address- we heard by email and didn't receive the paper confirmation until about 2 weeks later!
Old Aug 18th 2003, 2:02 am
Forum Regular

Hi Tina

Yes well we have gone ahead and accepted the offer altho' have said that we will hang fire with searches etc until we get the confirmation in our hand!! We dont fly until December so we have a while yet and there is no chain involved (1st time buyers) so we should be ok timewise. They have got our email so i will keep checking that too!!!

Whereabouts r u going? Whereabouts in Soggy Surrey r u?? I am a Surreyite too!! I moved up north 5 years ago but used to live in Camberley? Dont know if you know it?
Old Aug 18th 2003, 2:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Jaykay has a spectacular aura aboutJaykay has a spectacular aura aboutJaykay has a spectacular aura about

Originally posted by Jo Cousins
Whereabouts in Soggy Surrey r u?? I am a Surreyite too!! I moved up north 5 years ago but used to live in Camberley? Dont know if you know it?
Hi Jo

I live in Bisley (on the A322) so I'm just down the road from where you used to live in Camberley. Spent many afternoons there shopping

Hope you don't have to wait too long for your piece of paper to arrive.

Regards
Old Aug 18th 2003, 3:29 am
Forum Regular

Hi JK

Yes i know Bisley! Where abouts r u off to? and When?

Jo
Old Aug 18th 2003, 4:16 am
BE Enthusiast

lynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant future

Jo

We got our confirmation letter 10 days after we got confirmation by email, it seems like letters are normally sent the day the visa is granted. Are you using an agent? could it be sitting on his desk? If not perhaps you should email them and say you are concerned that it has gone astray in the post. As for the house, get as far down the road as you can, i have heard so many horror stories here, you know you have a visa and december isnt really that far off!!

Good luck
Lynn
Old Aug 18th 2003, 4:57 am
over the cuckoo's nest

Slater will become famous soon enoughSlater will become famous soon enough
Default Re: How Much Longer???????

Originally posted by Jo Cousins
Can anyone help??? We put our house on the market 3 weeks ago today and were lucky enough to get an offer for the full asking price the next day. However, altho' we have completed all necessary applications and have submitted our bond i wanted to ring up oz to see if they could confirm whether or not we had a visa before we accepted any offers on the house. When i rang the lady informed me that we had been granted a visa and the paperwork was pending....this was 3 weeks ago now tho' and STILL nothing has come in the post. I know i am probably being impatient but this is soooo stressful. It is the worst bit of waiting we have had to do so far and now i am panicking that they have changed their minds!!!! Is anyone else out there in the same position or can advise how long it might take before we hear anything??
Hi Jo,

I fully understand your situation and the stress that you are going through, we're just the same, except that we do not know whether or not we have been granted the Visa's. We put our house on the market in June, within a week we were offered the full asking price, the buyers even accepted that we could complete at the end of October, when we hope to leave for Brisbane. We sorted the Bond investment on 18th July, now our purchasers are desperate for us to at least exchange contracts. We are reluctant to do this until we have the Visa's. We have 4 children and can't sign the house away with the possibility of making us homeless. We have had advice that if we were asked to post the Bond that we will get the Visa's, but this isn't the same as having them.
When did you sort out your Bond and who with? we went with WA.

Slater
Old Aug 18th 2003, 5:57 am
Just Joined

John and Sandra is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi folks
We are also in a similar situation - we were told by a letter from DIMIA on 16 June which says we will be granted a visa, it also states that we have to validate it by 19 Feb 04. We are still waiting and we also have a buyer who wants the house. I spoke to our agents and they said that we would definately get the visa so go ahead and sell!! Easy for them to say that though. Guess we will have to wait some more.
John.
Old Aug 18th 2003, 6:19 am
Forum Regular

gbarker is an unknown quantity at this point

We posted our bond early July, and were beginning to get a bit twitchy as we hadn't heard anything.
Late July we asked our agent to send a note just enquiring as to whether they needed any more info re the bond certificate (ie to give them a little nudge that we were still waiting).

We still didn't hear anything but last week we spoke to our agent again. He was beginning to wonder whether our case officer may have left. He made another enquiry which seemed to do the trick as we got email confirmation through at the weekend that we had been granted PR - although there was no mention of our original case officers name in the email.
So don't panic, I'm sure it's in the system somewhere!