how much longer

Old Jun 25th 2003, 8:26 am
Forum Regular

Richard & Lisa is an unknown quantity at this point
Default how much longer

Hi everyone,

I know most of us are waiting anxiously for something or other, but I want some feedback from people who went through the same channels as us. We went through the skilled and sponsored catergory, here are our timescales to Date :-

October 10th 02 - Application finalised and posted to Adelaide PC. (aprox 50 weeks processing time)
April 13th 03 - Request for Medicals and Police checks
April 23rd - Medicals completed
May 1st - Medicals sent to Adelaide
June 12th - Police checks finally arrive and are sent to Adelaide.

Right, next question,I beleive the next stage is our Sponsor being asked to lodge the Bond Money. My agent said it could take up to 4-6 weeks now,we would just like to know how long some of you very helpfull people waited. I know I should just shut up and stop asking these questions, but I find this site a lifeline, as so many of us are in the same boat. Also my friends in work are probably cheesed off about hearing about Adelaide by now.

Many thanks, once again
Old Jun 25th 2003, 9:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Nibbs is on a distinguished road

Richard & Lisa,

I wouldn't worry about asking the question, I suspect everyone knows how you feel.

We sent our medicals and checks in December 02 and were granted in March 03.

Watch out if you are asked for a Health Assurance as we were. We only got six months from medicals to first entry date which we were told was not negotiable.

Good luck!

Nick
Old Jun 25th 2003, 9:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Sunlover is a jewel in the roughSunlover is a jewel in the roughSunlover is a jewel in the roughSunlover is a jewel in the rough

Which sponsored visa class did you apply through ?

We applied through the Skilled Australian Sponsored Designated Area category (Class 139). We were told that it was a fast tracked category (we had enough points to apply independently) and that it would take between 4 - 6 months to get our visa. But judging from your time line is seems that it will be slower than that.

I have been living and working in Adelaide for 8 months now on a 457 visa (Employer sponsorship) visa and really hate being dependant on my Employers for my residency in the country and cannot wait to get our PR visas which we have only just applied for (my husband has been working overseas for the past eight months but has a job here now and will be joining me within the next two weeks.

I must say I am a bit discouraged by your time line which is a lot slower than I was expecting.
Old Jun 25th 2003, 9:37 am
Just Joined

zuluz is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
We also applied through the Skilled Australian Sponsored Designated Area category (Class 139). We were told that it was a fast tracked category and would take 4-6 months .We have now been waiting 7 months since the application was submitted and have not yet had medicals requested or even been assigned a case officer.It is very discouraging watching Austimeline & this forum and seeing even non priority applications being processed in a couple of months. Queries to Adelaide have been met with deathly silence.
Old Jun 25th 2003, 10:04 am
Forum Regular

Our Visa was Skilled Australian Sponsored, Subclass 138 ((My wife`s Aunt and Uncle are sponsoring us). If we were required to take out an health undertaking,do you think we would have heared by now?, or do they wait until everything is in i.e bond money, Police checks, bearing in mind our Meds were sent off 8 Weeks ago.

Many thanks,

Richard & Lisa
Old Jun 25th 2003, 10:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Sunlover is a jewel in the roughSunlover is a jewel in the roughSunlover is a jewel in the roughSunlover is a jewel in the rough

[QUOTE]Our Visa was Skilled Australian Sponsored, Subclass 138 ((My wife`s Aunt and Uncle are sponsoring us)QUOTE]

If you're planning to live in Adelaide (a designated area) why don't you ask to be assessed under 139. It's a fast tracked category but 138 isn't.

Although judging from some of the posts on this thread fast tracking doesn't seem to mean anything.
Old Jun 25th 2003, 10:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Nibbs is on a distinguished road

We applied under the Skilled Australian Sponsored Designated Area category as well.

I thought the process was pretty quick given that we sent the application in November last year and received our visa in March this year. So 5 months in total.

We were given until June 23rd for first entry so we had to go for a validation trip. Funny thing though, we rang medicare when we got there and they simply recorded a note on file and said we should contact them again when we arrive permanently. Seems odd that the entry date is non negotiable.

IIRC we got the health undertaking forms when we were requested to post the bond.

Actuall second day of our validation trip we sold the house. Just waiting for a completion date and off we go

Good luck

Nick
Old Jun 25th 2003, 10:45 am
Forum Regular

Everything is in Adelaide at the moment, so I think it would be pointless trying a different subclass.

Anyway thanks for the idea
Old Jun 25th 2003, 10:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi
We also applied through the Skilled Australian Sponsored Designated Area category (Class 139). We were told that it was a fast tracked category and would take 4-6 months .We have now been waiting 7 months since the application was submitted and have not yet had medicals requested or even been assigned a case officer.It is very discouraging watching Austimeline & this forum and seeing even non priority applications being processed in a couple of months. Queries to Adelaide have been met with deathly silence.
How incredibly annoying ! Having gone through the whole revolting immigration process before (to Canada). I can only say that it's all incredibly arbitrary and you just never know how long it's going to take. I suspect that it does help to have an agent though and am considering this.

How do you access Austimeline ?

BTW with a name like Zuluz where are you from ?
Old Jun 25th 2003, 11:07 am
Just Joined

Hi Sunlover
I do have an agent who is extremely good. The whole process is definitely very frustrating , Adelaide seem to be processing applications very randomly at the moment. Austimeline is accessed at www.austimeline.com. I am from Zimbabwe and chose the user name as my christian name is always already in use.
Old Jun 25th 2003, 11:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks for the link. Where are you planning to live in Oz ?

I am from SA but lived in Swailand, the UK and then Canada for many years.
Old Jun 25th 2003, 11:47 am
Just Joined

Hi Sunlover
I am looking at starting off in Toowoomba due to our sponsor being there but will probably end up in Brisbane/Sunshine Coast.Where in SA are you from
Old Jun 25th 2003, 12:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Johannesburg, SA

Mbabane, Swaziland

Sandy Lane, Wiltshire, UK

Calgary Canada

Now in Adelaide, Australia