Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How much!! to export pet dog

How much!! to export pet dog

Old Jun 6th 2005, 3:15 pm
Just Joined

suzanne is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How much!! to export pet dog

I have been busy on the phone today finding out exactly how much it will cost to export our pet dog to Perth. it has come out at the grand total of £2098! Am i being stingy or is that a ridiculous amount of money? Have any of you out there recently exported your dog and if so did you find it was this amount, this includes his quarintine fees in Perth. Any advice or info will be greatly received. suzanne
Old Jun 6th 2005, 3:28 pm

lynnlovessun is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: How much!! to export pet dog

Originally Posted by suzanne
I have been busy on the phone today finding out exactly how much it will cost to export our pet dog to Perth. it has come out at the grand total of £2098! Am i being stingy or is that a ridiculous amount of money? Have any of you out there recently exported your dog and if so did you find it was this amount, this includes his quarintine fees in Perth. Any advice or info will be greatly received. suzanne
Sounds right to me - can you put a value on your beloved pet? - I sure can't with mine!
Old Jun 6th 2005, 3:31 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lynnlovessun
Sounds right to me - can you put a value on your beloved pet? - I sure can't with mine!
Yes, I agree with Lynn, although it is a heck of a lot of money I know I wouldnt leave mine behind.

How many places have you rung?
Old Jun 6th 2005, 3:33 pm
When?? We ask ourselves!!

andy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really nice

We are shipping out our beloved 63kg Bernese puppy and it is going to cost us aroundabout £3000+. Its alot but we wouldn't leave him behind!

Jayne
Old Jun 6th 2005, 3:36 pm
Forum Regular

Derek Clarke has a spectacular aura aboutDerek Clarke has a spectacular aura aboutDerek Clarke has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by bridiej
Yes, I agree with Lynn, although it is a heck of a lot of money I know I wouldnt leave mine behind.

How many places have you rung?
Hi,

Got a quote for our dog from AIRSUPPLY SHIPPING AGENTS in Middlesex

For everything other than the blood tests and general; vaccinations at this end for £1600 that included Manchester to London to Melbourne and quarantine

Derek
Old Jun 6th 2005, 3:38 pm

It all depends how much you love your pooch!?

Can I be totally contoversial and express my point of view?

Well the way I see it is you chose to buy a dog and when you did that you made a commitment to take care of your dog/ cat for life - you wouldn't leave a member of your family behind if their seat on the plane cost too much would you?!(at least I hope you wouldn't )

That dog never asked for you to buy it the least you can do is take it with you to the next part of your life in Australia no matter what the cost - I agree its an expensive thing to do but it is a sacrafice of choosing to relocate to the other side of the world.

Think about it,
Lynn
Old Jun 6th 2005, 3:43 pm
When?? We ask ourselves!!

andy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really nice

Well the way I see it is you chose to buy a dog and when you did that you made a commitment to take care of your dog/ cat for life - you wouldn't leave a member of your family behind if their seat on the plane cost too much would you?!(at least I hope you wouldn't )

That dog never asked for you to buy it the least you can do is take it with you to the next part of your life in Australia no matter what the cost - I agree its an expensive thing to do but it is a sacrafice of choosing to relocate to the other side of the world.

Think about it,
Lynn
Hear! Hear!

Jayne
Old Jun 6th 2005, 3:55 pm
Just Joined

Think about it,
Lynn
Hi lynn i appreciate your honesty and of course you are right. we wouldn't consider not taking him i just basically wanted to know if this cost was about right, which i can see from reading previous threads it is. I am new to this site and didn't realise until i put my thread in that this topic has been widely discussed before. It has been a saviour at a time when things are beginning to get on top of me! we are so close and yet still feel so far away from our new life. I think perhaps i was in a state of shock and acted a bit impulsively!
Old Jun 6th 2005, 5:27 pm

Hi lynn i appreciate your honesty and of course you are right. we wouldn't consider not taking him i just basically wanted to know if this cost was about right, which i can see from reading previous threads it is. I am new to this site and didn't realise until i put my thread in that this topic has been widely discussed before. It has been a saviour at a time when things are beginning to get on top of me! we are so close and yet still feel so far away from our new life. I think perhaps i was in a state of shock and acted a bit impulsively!
Please don't take offence.....I just feel strongly that its not the dogs fault re. the cost of shipping and so many people just give there pets away because of this.
I think your quote sounds about right - Poppy my dog is a medium sized border collie x - Our quote was for 1994 pounds but I have to pay for blood tests, vaccs and quarantine on top of that so I reckon i'm looking at at least 2500 pounds all in - more expensive than me and my hubbie Marcs 2 one way flights and 4 night stopover in Singapore put together!
And don't worry about asking Q about pet shipping costs - just because its been covered before dosen't mean you can't ask again to get a more up to date view. It could be worthwhile also looking at old threads on this too - lots of info out there.
So are you taking the dog then ?

Lynn
Old Jun 6th 2005, 6:23 pm
Forum Regular

it_hooker is a name known to allit_hooker is a name known to allit_hooker is a name known to allit_hooker is a name known to allit_hooker is a name known to allit_hooker is a name known to allit_hooker is a name known to allit_hooker is a name known to allit_hooker is a name known to allit_hooker is a name known to allit_hooker is a name known to all

Think about it,
Lynn
Nah - they got plenty of dogs in Oz - buy a new one when you get there.

Seriously though, is it fair to put it through the stress of being shipped out 12000 miles? When you could find it a loving home here?
Old Jun 6th 2005, 8:04 pm
Just Joined

Please don't take offence.....I just feel strongly that its not the dogs fault re. the cost of shipping and so many people just give there pets away because of this.
I think your quote sounds about right - Poppy my dog is a medium sized border collie x - Our quote was for 1994 pounds but I have to pay for blood tests, vaccs and quarantine on top of that so I reckon i'm looking at at least 2500 pounds all in - more expensive than me and my hubbie Marcs 2 one way flights and 4 night stopover in Singapore put together!
And don't worry about asking Q about pet shipping costs - just because its been covered before dosen't mean you can't ask again to get a more up to date view. It could be worthwhile also looking at old threads on this too - lots of info out there.
So are you taking the dog then ?

Lynn
yes are dog is coming with us. Can you tell me how to access old threads.
Old Jun 6th 2005, 8:05 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Suzanne

Easiest way is to go to button near top of forum "Search this forum" I think it is, put in pet shipping and it should bring them up.
Old Jun 6th 2005, 8:22 pm
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute

yes are dog is coming with us. Can you tell me how to access old threads.
if you want a light hearted approach, a favorite thread of mine is this one
Old Jun 6th 2005, 8:36 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by walaj
if you want a light hearted approach, a favorite thread of mine is this one
Cheers for that bit of humour! I can't tell you how much i needed that.