Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How much does it rain in Brisbane.

How much does it rain in Brisbane.

Old Mar 27th 2007, 8:57 pm

Simba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of light
Default How much does it rain in Brisbane.

Some Australian work friends have said to my wife it rains a lot in Brisbane.

With the water restrictions over there I find this difficult to belive but really how much does it rain compared to the UK ?.
Old Mar 27th 2007, 9:01 pm
Timelord

DrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How much does it rain in Brisbane.

Originally Posted by NeilCk
Some Australian work friends have said to my wife it rains a lot in Brisbane.

With the water restrictions over there I find this difficult to belive but really how much does it rain compared to the UK ?.
Try the Bureau of Meteorology website...
Old Mar 27th 2007, 9:19 pm
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rodders39
Try the Bureau of Meteorology website...
The answer to the original question is : not much !

http://www.bom.gov.au/climate/dwo/ID...9.latest.shtml

Look back over the past few months, and also look at the rainfall in conjunction with the "number of hours of sun" column...that gives you a better idea of the climate.
Old Mar 27th 2007, 9:33 pm
Timelord

DrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by markallwood
The answer to the original question is : not much !...
But more than London, say...
Old Mar 27th 2007, 9:35 pm

Simba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by markallwood
The answer to the original question is : not much !

http://www.bom.gov.au/climate/dwo/ID...9.latest.shtml

Look back over the past few months, and also look at the rainfall in conjunction with the "number of hours of sun" column...that gives you a better idea of the climate.
Thanks for the link, saved it to my favorites.
Not sure why she was told it rains alot.
Neil
Old Mar 27th 2007, 10:26 pm
Cheesy Member

DagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond repute

Short answer - nowhere near enough for the last few years.

It depends a bit on your definition of a lot.

I remember in the UK, it could be dull and grey and miserable for days on end, and it would be raining (well drizzling) and at the end of 4 days of that about half an inch of rain would have actually fallen. Here (when it rains) you can have beautiful blue skies all day then a storm comes in and you have 2 or 3 inches of rain in an hour, then it is over.

I know which I prefer.

Mind you, it is almost the end of the summer and we have only had about 2 or 3 storms, so the whole question is a bit hypothetical.

Cheers
DagBoy
Old Mar 27th 2007, 10:31 pm
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

Well on average you get more mm of rain then the UK. But here it tends to piss it down in short sharp bursts, where in the UK it spits for days on end.

Originally Posted by NeilCk
Thanks for the link, saved it to my favorites.
Not sure why she was told it rains alot.
Neil