Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

how much does it cost to move and do I move to au (WARNING - SPIDER CONTENT)

how much does it cost to move and do I move to au (WARNING - SPIDER CONTENT)

Old Jan 9th 2012, 11:57 pm
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: how much does it cost to move and do I move to au (WARNING - SPIDER CONTENT)

Has anybody mentioned the scorpions yet?

I nearly stood on one in my bare feet as it sauntered across my front room. That Michael Flatley geezer had nothing on me that day.
Old Jan 10th 2012, 12:10 am
Not actually a squirrel

brissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: how much does it cost to move and do I move to au

Originally Posted by Tramps_mate
I'm afraid now.. They are massive!!
My kid woke me three nights in a row recently when she had giant huntsmen spiders crawling down her bedroom wall towards the bed. In the same kids room, there was a hatching, with hundreds of baby huntsmen spiders all over the bedroom. I had one crawl across the doona while I was in bed the other day. Fortunately not too big. But a big one did walk across my chest while I was driving last month.

Anyone who tells you they are not everywhere is not telling the truth. They are everywhere. You may go weeks without seeing one but the problem is you never know when one will pop up. I opened the linen cupboard a couple of nights ago and jumped back in horror because there was a big one inside the cupboard door.

I have also been bitten by a big, non venomous but can make you sick, hunstman spider. It was inside the sleeve of a jumper I had taken off the washing line.

If you don't like spiders, there is at least one aspect of Australia you will despise.
Old Jan 10th 2012, 12:15 am
Social Grenade Thrower

paddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: how much does it cost to move and do I move to au (WARNING - SPIDER CONTENT)

we had a load hatch inside our spare room last year...a bug bomb sorted that out!!
Old Jan 10th 2012, 2:14 am
not sure...

RedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brissybee
My kid woke me three nights in a row recently when she had giant huntsmen spiders crawling down her bedroom wall towards the bed. In the same kids room, there was a hatching, with hundreds of baby huntsmen spiders all over the bedroom. I had one crawl across the doona while I was in bed the other day. Fortunately not too big. But a big one did walk across my chest while I was driving last month.

Anyone who tells you they are not everywhere is not telling the truth. They are everywhere. You may go weeks without seeing one but the problem is you never know when one will pop up. I opened the linen cupboard a couple of nights ago and jumped back in horror because there was a big one inside the cupboard door.

I have also been bitten by a big, non venomous but can make you sick, hunstman spider. It was inside the sleeve of a jumper I had taken off the washing line.

If you don't like spiders, there is at least one aspect of Australia you will despise.
I'm off...whatever else we said about kent, we didn't have to worry about taking stuff off the washing line!
Old Jan 10th 2012, 3:13 am
BE Forum Addict

itigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RedT
I'm off...whatever else we said about kent, we didn't have to worry about taking stuff off the washing line!
Sorry to the CO2 brigade and bugger my leccy bill, I love my tumble drier!!
Old Jan 10th 2012, 3:16 am
not sure...

RedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by itigo
Sorry to the CO2 brigade and bugger my leccy bill, I love my tumble drier!!
How long do we give it before someone is on telling us about the family of huntmans who took up residence in their tumble drier??!
Old Jan 10th 2012, 3:36 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RedT
How long do we give it before someone is on telling us about the family of huntmans who took up residence in their tumble drier??!
Funnily enough............................................
Old Jan 10th 2012, 3:45 am
Forum Regular

saff has a brilliant futuresaff has a brilliant futuresaff has a brilliant futuresaff has a brilliant futuresaff has a brilliant futuresaff has a brilliant future

flies are annoying but ARRRRRRRGH. I was uber worried about huntsmen when I moved to perth but touch wood haven't seen any. I hope they don't often get into cars?? literally don't know how I'd deal with one of them crawling out on me, hadn't realised it happens a lot but just thought that I've heard a few people mention it now..

ugh I feel ill haha
Old Jan 10th 2012, 3:50 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by saff
flies are annoying but ARRRRRRRGH. I was uber worried about huntsmen when I moved to perth but touch wood haven't seen any. I hope they don't often get into cars?? literally don't know how I'd deal with one of them crawling out on me, hadn't realised it happens a lot but just thought that I've heard a few people mention it now..

ugh I feel ill haha
Our cars are always covered in webs these days...especially around the door mirrors. Apparently spiders are rife here this year due to the weather.

Mind you, the webs aren't the hunstman's fault because he doesn't build any so must be someone else?
Old Jan 10th 2012, 4:13 am
Forum Regular

saff has a brilliant futuresaff has a brilliant futuresaff has a brilliant futuresaff has a brilliant futuresaff has a brilliant futuresaff has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by bcworld
Our cars are always covered in webs these days...especially around the door mirrors. Apparently spiders are rife here this year due to the weather.

Mind you, the webs aren't the hunstman's fault because he doesn't build any so must be someone else?
webs I can cope with ha!

do we not get as many huntsmen in perth? don't hear nearly as much about them!!

Not too keen to go to brissy now! seems to be absolutely tonnes of them there
Old Jan 10th 2012, 4:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

I spray Mortein between the mirror and the casing every time a web appears. Little fella always crawls out and dies.
Old Jan 10th 2012, 4:52 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Not just the cars.. the outside of my house looks like something out of the Addams Family
Old Jan 10th 2012, 5:35 am
BE Enthusiast

ProudVIC has a reputation beyond reputeProudVIC has a reputation beyond reputeProudVIC has a reputation beyond reputeProudVIC has a reputation beyond reputeProudVIC has a reputation beyond reputeProudVIC has a reputation beyond reputeProudVIC has a reputation beyond reputeProudVIC has a reputation beyond reputeProudVIC has a reputation beyond reputeProudVIC has a reputation beyond reputeProudVIC has a reputation beyond repute

There's been an explosion of golden orb weaver spiders this year thanks to favourable conditions. They are the ones that build the giant webs all over the place.
Old Jan 10th 2012, 5:41 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ProudVIC
There's been an explosion of golden orb weaver spiders this year thanks to favourable conditions. They are the ones that build the giant webs all over the place.
I dont mind the golden orbs. They're nice to look at, very slow moving and tend to live in trees and bushes staying well away from the house...they're fine by me!
Old Jan 10th 2012, 8:00 am
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brissybee

Anyone who tells you they are not everywhere is not telling the truth. They are everywhere.....
They may be everywhere where you are - but they are not everywhere here.

I've lived in Sydney for over 30 years and I wouldn't see one huntsman a year.
I can count the number of red backs I've seen in 30 years on one hand.
I've never seen a funnel web (neither has anyone I've met) and I've never seen a white tail.

Maybe you have a problem with them, where you live - but they are definitely not everywhere.

I am telling the truth.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.