Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How much did it cost for you to set-up in Oz?

How much did it cost for you to set-up in Oz?

Old Dec 30th 2005, 7:19 am
Forum Regular

ian27 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How much did it cost for you to set-up in Oz?

Hey guys,

I'm just wondering from those of you who have moved to Oz - how much money did you take with you to begin with? And how much did it cost for you to set-up initially?

Oh yeah, and have a Happy New Year!

Ian
Old Dec 30th 2005, 7:35 am
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How much did it cost for you to set-up in Oz?

Originally Posted by ian27
Hey guys,

I'm just wondering from those of you who have moved to Oz - how much money did you take with you to begin with? And how much did it cost for you to set-up initially?

Oh yeah, and have a Happy New Year!

Ian
Happy New Year to you to

Your question is difficult cause it depends on what you want from the move to Australia......

if it means a mortgage free lifestyle and a winding down then you can move to places that means that for you depending on what you have to give/sell up in the UK

But if you need the high powered job and remuneration to match that you have in the UK my personal advice would be .... do not expect it from the moment you walk off the plane, it takes time to rebuild responsibility and contacts.

Money is a personal motivator so make sure you know your standards and possibly ask more direct questions about your goals ...like would I be able to afford this or that based on your circumstances and the places you are aiming to live.

Also if you ask a 'can I afford' question......there will be loads of different advice.

But seriously to answer your question.............lots afford Aus on very little and have a better lifestyle.

Cheers Sandra