Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How many of you have only just applied to move ??

How many of you have only just applied to move ??

Old Feb 28th 2006, 9:30 am
Visa granted member

Marcopolo is a name known to allMarcopolo is a name known to allMarcopolo is a name known to allMarcopolo is a name known to allMarcopolo is a name known to allMarcopolo is a name known to allMarcopolo is a name known to allMarcopolo is a name known to allMarcopolo is a name known to allMarcopolo is a name known to allMarcopolo is a name known to all
Default How many of you have only just applied to move ??

I think I'm in the minority !! Reading this board over the past few days has given me something to think about, but I was also looking to talk to anybody who has only just applied.

My TRA results were due 2 weeks ago, but there has been a delay due to Christmas. So they should be here this week.

I've picked up alot of information as to how long things take to go through as until now I havnt had anyone to speak to that's in the same situation as me.
Old Feb 28th 2006, 1:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How many of you have only just applied to move ??

Originally Posted by Marcopolo
I think I'm in the minority !! Reading this board over the past few days has given me something to think about, but I was also looking to talk to anybody who has only just applied.

My TRA results were due 2 weeks ago, but there has been a delay due to Christmas. So they should be here this week.

I've picked up alot of information as to how long things take to go through as until now I havnt had anyone to speak to that's in the same situation as me.

Hi

I have my visa but just wanted to say welcome to the site.

Good luck with your application, I hope it doesn't take too long.

Wendy
Old Feb 28th 2006, 2:59 pm

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Hello, welcome to the board from us too.

We're still putting together our TRA so you're further ahead that us

Good luck with your application. What's your trade? Where are you heading for?
Old Feb 28th 2006, 5:31 pm
Forum Regular

davykaz has much to be proud ofdavykaz has much to be proud ofdavykaz has much to be proud ofdavykaz has much to be proud ofdavykaz has much to be proud ofdavykaz has much to be proud ofdavykaz has much to be proud ofdavykaz has much to be proud ofdavykaz has much to be proud ofdavykaz has much to be proud ofdavykaz has much to be proud of
Talking Re: How many of you have only just applied to move ??

HI and welcome

were sent our TRA to our agent on the thu15 feb 2006 and they acknowledged they had recieved it on the tue 21 feb so hopefully we will here something soon as we paid extra for a fast track

Im an electrician and HOPEFULLY were heading to Perth ASAP where are you thinking of heading
Old Feb 28th 2006, 7:38 pm
Forum Regular

rich8509 will become famous soon enoughrich8509 will become famous soon enough

we are at the same stage as you, well alittle ahead just got our TRA back on monday. Now on with big form.
Hope all goes well with all your applications

Rich
Old Feb 28th 2006, 8:21 pm
Visa granted member

Marcopolo is a name known to allMarcopolo is a name known to allMarcopolo is a name known to allMarcopolo is a name known to allMarcopolo is a name known to allMarcopolo is a name known to allMarcopolo is a name known to allMarcopolo is a name known to allMarcopolo is a name known to allMarcopolo is a name known to allMarcopolo is a name known to all

Thanks for the replies

WendyC : I hope it dosnt take long either, my life has been put on hold until I know where I stand. I've taken on another job, which means Im seeing my mates less. I think they understand and if they don't they will when they visit

Clippies : Im a Litho Printer, been doing for the past 10 years. I feel fairly confident about that and the visa itself. Perhaps I'm being naive !! The medical worries me the most as I've had problems with my knees. I'm aiming for Perth.

Where are you aiming for ??

Davykaz : I paid extra for my TRA to go through quicker, but I'm still waiting. The irony !!

Rich : How long did it take for your results to come through then ??
Old Feb 28th 2006, 8:33 pm

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the replies

WendyC : I hope it dosnt take long either, my life has been put on hold until I know where I stand. I've taken on another job, which means Im seeing my mates less. I think they understand and if they don't they will when they visit

Clippies : Im a Litho Printer, been doing for the past 10 years. I feel fairly confident about that and the visa itself. Perhaps I'm being naive !! The medical worries me the most as I've had problems with my knees. I'm aiming for Perth.

Where are you aiming for ??

Davykaz : I paid extra for my TRA to go through quicker, but I'm still waiting. The irony !!

Rich : How long did it take for your results to come through then ??
We're aiming for Perth too - off for a reccie in June - yippee!
Old Feb 28th 2006, 8:41 pm
The Mad Axeman Returns

Andrew Nunn is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Re: How many of you have only just applied to move ??

Hi, there. Only just signed up to the website. Already got the visa but due to a whole load of hassle selling our house we're only now in a position to move. We're off to the Gold Coast at the start of May. It took us 15months to get our residency visa. Going through these agents is a waste of time I did ours and its no problem at all. I think they've speeded up the process a bit now. Hi to everyone on line.
Old Feb 28th 2006, 8:48 pm
The Mad Axeman Returns

Hey dude,

If you feel confident do not use an agent they'll rip you off. A lot of the agent are ex civil servant (Oz) who know the system. What they don't tell you is that you still do all the work. All they do is check it over. Now that's what I call easy money!

I know thers's a lot of paper work. The process is painstakingly slow. I'm also not aware of any shortcuts that these agents can give you either. So be warned.

Regards,

Andy
Old Feb 28th 2006, 8:51 pm
Visa granted member

Originally Posted by Andrew Nunn
Going through these agents is a waste of time I did ours and its no problem at all.
I've done mine through an agency. The main reason I did that is because I was worried about wrecking the whole application. Going on my own and being pretty clueless was also a factor
Old Feb 28th 2006, 9:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

Hey dude,

If you feel confident do not use an agent they'll rip you off. A lot of the agent are ex civil servant (Oz) who know the system. What they don't tell you is that you still do all the work. All they do is check it over. Now that's what I call easy money!

I know thers's a lot of paper work. The process is painstakingly slow. I'm also not aware of any shortcuts that these agents can give you either. So be warned.

Regards,

Andy
Hi Andy ,i disagree with you on the agent bit about them ripping you off.have you had a bad experience.even though we havent got our visa yet ,hiring an agent was one of the best choices that we have made.He didnt just fill in forms.Our agent Darren has given us advice and guided us and has made this process a whole lot easier for us.x Irish
Old Feb 28th 2006, 9:18 pm
Forum Regular

VanessaB is a name known to allVanessaB is a name known to allVanessaB is a name known to allVanessaB is a name known to allVanessaB is a name known to allVanessaB is a name known to allVanessaB is a name known to allVanessaB is a name known to allVanessaB is a name known to allVanessaB is a name known to allVanessaB is a name known to all

Hi
We are new to all this we sent our TRA of on the 14/2/06 and are still waiting to hear haven't even acknowledge ours yet think i need to chase it up with the agent. We are heading to Rowville in Melbourne our cousin is putting us up till we find our feet.

would be nice to keep in touch.
Vanessa.
Old Feb 28th 2006, 9:28 pm
The Mad Axeman Returns

Originally Posted by VanessaB
Hi
We are new to all this we sent our TRA of on the 14/2/06 and are still waiting to hear haven't even acknowledge ours yet think i need to chase it up with the agent. We are heading to Rowville in Melbourne our cousin is putting us up till we find our feet.

would be nice to keep in touch.
Vanessa.
Hey no problem,

Its a very daunting prospect. I am trying very hard to source work before we get there, but it is very difficult. I know from previous experience.

How long did they say it would take to process your application?

If it's any help I can give you a contact at DIMA. I'll have to dig around for Catherine's email address but she deals with the visa's and she was very helpful to us.

Andy
Old Feb 28th 2006, 9:33 pm
MicheleandBarry

MicheleandBarry is just really niceMicheleandBarry is just really niceMicheleandBarry is just really niceMicheleandBarry is just really niceMicheleandBarry is just really niceMicheleandBarry is just really niceMicheleandBarry is just really niceMicheleandBarry is just really niceMicheleandBarry is just really niceMicheleandBarry is just really niceMicheleandBarry is just really nice

Hi, there. Only just signed up to the website. Already got the visa but due to a whole load of hassle selling our house we're only now in a position to move. We're off to the Gold Coast at the start of May. It took us 15months to get our residency visa. Going through these agents is a waste of time I did ours and its no problem at all. I think they've speeded up the process a bit now. Hi to everyone on line.
Hi love,
Welcome to the site,And hi you and your family,glad you got your visa thru!Just at the deep end now bout to jump in and i was looking at agents to get ball rolling,wher did you start!?? If you done it on your own!filling my pants at the thought off wher the f do you begin,
Michele
Old Feb 28th 2006, 9:37 pm
Just Joined

Sideys is just really niceSideys is just really niceSideys is just really niceSideys is just really niceSideys is just really niceSideys is just really niceSideys is just really niceSideys is just really niceSideys is just really niceSideys is just really niceSideys is just really nice

Hi everyone, we have only just completed our TRA and sent it to our agent last week. We have been reading all the posts on various sites also but have only just decided to register, it is nice to see others at a similar stage to ourselves.
We took the decision to use an agent because i felt there was less chance of any mistakes and therefore making the process as quick as possible, although i can see others point of view regarding it being easy money for them.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.