Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

how many of you...

how many of you...

Old Jan 25th 2004, 10:56 pm
Moomin member

peppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nice
Default how many of you...

get acussed of being a computer cabbage for spending so much time sat reading,writing on this forum...
I try to pass it off as purely "research type stuff darling" as Im the one whos supposedly in control of operations on this front (which is questionable if I try to ring addelaide on Aussie Day ...DOH...!) Although I have to say it has been a great help so not to knock it on the info front at all...far from it...but he has come in and read the forums over my shoulder to know it isnt all immigration questions...

I just wondered if any one else gets this type of slack...WBB got to be a prime candidate...or does he only do this stuff in work time...
Old Jan 25th 2004, 11:02 pm
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute

I am you :scared: (the scared bit was for you bye the way )

Missus went ot bed 2 hours ago (another night without then, double D'oh). I waited up to phone a reqruitment agency.

Jack
Old Jan 25th 2004, 11:16 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: how many of you...

Originally posted by peppi
get acussed of being a computer cabbage for spending so much time sat reading,writing on this forum...
I try to pass it off as purely "research type stuff darling" as Im the one whos supposedly in control of operations on this front (which is questionable if I try to ring addelaide on Aussie Day ...DOH...!) Although I have to say it has been a great help so not to knock it on the info front at all...far from it...but he has come in and read the forums over my shoulder to know it isnt all immigration questions...

I just wondered if any one else gets this type of slack...WBB got to be a prime candidate...or does he only do this stuff in work time...
Peppi,

For a few days I have been suffering the over the shoulder syndrome "you can't say that" and "you should say this".

Got the better of me in the end so I set up a profile for the wife(Bix da Boss) and told her "now you can say what you want and leave me alone".

So that's how you solve the problem - or is it ?

In her very first session she has dropped 11 postings onto an unsuspecting Expats.

What have I let loose ?
Old Jan 25th 2004, 11:20 pm
Moomin member

peppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nice

Originally posted by Bix
Peppi,

For a few days I have been suffering the over the shoulder syndrome "you can't say that" and "you should say this".

Got the better of me in the end so I set up a profile for the wife(Bix da Boss) and told her "now you can say what you want and leave me alone".

In her very first session she has dropped 11 postings onto an unsuspecting Expats.

What have I let loose ?
yeah nooooo... cant let him loose on here... the man who hated PC's found that bloody E Bay...!! cant stop him buying stuff..n its like "darling its all gonna have to go again if we emigrate"
so no I havent introduced him to this site...YET...!
Old Jan 25th 2004, 11:25 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

yeah nooooo... cant let him loose on here... the man who hated PC's found that bloody E Bay...!! cant stop him buying stuff..n its like "darling its all gonna have to go again if we emigrate"
so no I havent introduced him to this site...YET...!
Ah eBAY.

The secret is to get them to sell something.

Once they have had the thrill of seeing their item bid for and concluding a sale - well it's like fighting fire with fire.

They will be ransacking your house and selling everything they can but it will make the move to OZ easier and cheaper !!

Old Jan 25th 2004, 11:29 pm
Moomin member

Originally posted by Bix
Ah eBAY.

The secret is to get them to sell something.

Once they have had the thrill of seeing their item bid for and concluding a sale - well it's like fighting fire with fire.

They will be ransacking your house and selling everything they can but it will make the move to OZ easier and cheaper !!

Oh no... 4 bikes in the garage and counting...and the last one he past off as buying for me...! I aint been out on it yet...next saturday...get grubby..dirt bike riding..he took it out last week...!
Old Jan 26th 2004, 4:22 am
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

I have hte best of all worlds... kiwiman has desktop PC, i have the laptop.

Whe i am not out with the Adelaide wives, i catch up with UK friends and family on here. I also have fun with friends in NZ....

No...i'm not just parked in here staring at expats 24/7.. i know some like to think so..

BTW..i just got all top 10 last posts on the board at 3.52pm

I'm a sad git!!!
Old Jan 26th 2004, 7:28 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I seem to spend a lot of time getting poked in the shoulder, and then hearing the words "you know what you should have said......"
Old Jan 26th 2004, 7:40 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

I just get the boss looking over my shoulder...well, trying to at least. However, I am very quiet at work at the moment and she did tell me to 'amuse myself' while it is so quiet....I rest my case
Old Jan 26th 2004, 7:40 am
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute

Polly, I hope you can manage yo pull yourself away from the computer on Saturday, so you can fix that ball & chain firmly to The Bloke
Old Jan 26th 2004, 8:02 am
WBB

WBB got to be a prime candidate...or does he only do this stuff in work time...
i do post a hell of a lot from work but i post in equal proportions from home.......yes i have no life.

Old Jan 26th 2004, 8:20 am
Forum Regular

nell m is an unknown quantity at this point

my husband keeps coming in and saying "are you talking to your imaginary friends again?"
Old Jan 26th 2004, 8:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Bix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Bix
Peppi,

What have I let loose ?
Peppi dis is da BOSS here!

Why should he have all the fun!!
First time since we've had the PC's (10+ yrs) that I've actually sat down and used one for more than 2 hrs - unlike other members of my family who sit there all day and night

And - unlike him I won't be posting any more messages after this one for days as just haven't got the time being a WOMAN
Have to look at ebay instead!!!

Old Jan 26th 2004, 9:00 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Polly, I hope you can manage yo pull yourself away from the computer on Saturday, so you can fix that ball & chain firmly to The Bloke
I feel withdrawal symptoms already....in keeping with tradition (and because I am out partying the night before) I am not spending the night at home, but in a motel with my mate. Hence, I may not be able to get to a computer from Friday lunchtime onwards........ARRRGHHH!!!! Anyone got a laptop they can lend me?
Old Jan 26th 2004, 9:07 am
Forum Regular

Servant24kids has a brilliant futureServant24kids has a brilliant futureServant24kids has a brilliant futureServant24kids has a brilliant futureServant24kids has a brilliant futureServant24kids has a brilliant future

I get the comment around bedtime "perhaps you wouldn't get so many headaches if you spent less time on the PC."

I'm doing research! This is our future! Somethings are more important than others ...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.