British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   How many ways to get from Perth airport to Rockingham? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/how-many-ways-get-perth-airport-rockingham-328702/)

youcanlaugh Sep 29th 2005 8:38 pm

How many ways to get from Perth airport to Rockingham?

I'm arriving in Perth soon and my first rental will be in Rockingham. I am wondering if there are any ways to get there from the airport other than renting a car. I know I could rent a car at the airport but it seemed worth asking to see if there is another way to Rockingham and then I could rent a car more local to me.

Timber Floor Au Sep 29th 2005 8:45 pm

Re: How many ways to get from Perth airport to Rockingham?

Originally Posted by youcanlaugh
I'm arriving in Perth soon and my first rental will be in Rockingham. I am wondering if there are any ways to get there from the airport other than renting a car. I know I could rent a car at the airport but it seemed worth asking to see if there is another way to Rockingham and then I could rent a car more local to me.

Walk
Bike
Skateboard
Sinclair C5
Skip
5 knuckle Shuffle
Bus
Taxi
Coach
Helicopter

:)

lol soz couldnt resist

Perthforme Sep 29th 2005 8:51 pm

Its only 40ish k's from perth to rockingham
Ataxi could do it or check out http://www.transperth.wa.gov.au/Desk...aspx?tabid=236
Still not far to drop a hire car back to airport or city !

youcanlaugh Sep 29th 2005 9:23 pm

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au
Walk
Bike
Skateboard
Sinclair C5
Skip
5 knuckle Shuffle
Bus
Taxi
Coach
Helicopter

lol soz couldnt resist

Oh ho ho... Bloody Brisbanites! ;)

youcanlaugh Sep 29th 2005 9:25 pm

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au
Walk
Bike
Skateboard
Sinclair C5
Skip
5 knuckle Shuffle
Bus
Taxi
Coach
Helicopter

lol soz couldnt resist

Just noticed. 5 Knuckle Shuffle? I can only assume that means something different to you than it means to me! :eek:

youcanlaugh Sep 29th 2005 9:29 pm

Originally Posted by Perthforme
Its only 40ish k's from perth to rockingham
Ataxi could do it or check out http://www.transperth.wa.gov.au/Desk...aspx?tabid=236
Still not far to drop a hire car back to airport or city !

Thanks for that PerthForMe. Very useful site. I've made a note of that. Like you say, it's still not far to drop the car off. I guess my other option is dropping it off in Mandurah

Siren & Brian Sep 29th 2005 9:40 pm

Will you need a rental car for a while? If so much easier in to get one in Perth and then when you hand it back just catch a bus to Rockingham as I dont reckon you want to do that when you have just landed and exhausted.

youcanlaugh Sep 29th 2005 10:11 pm

Originally Posted by Siren & Brian
Will you need a rental car for a while? If so much easier in to get one in Perth and then when you hand it back just catch a bus to Rockingham as I dont reckon you want to do that when you have just landed and exhausted.

I reckon you are right there. I'll be loaded close to my 40Kg allowance as well so the bus is out for sure. I reckon I will simply hire a car and have done with it.

Emzee Sep 29th 2005 10:39 pm

When we arrived at Perth airport, we got a taxi to Rockingham, cost us $90, apparently we were ripped off, should have been no more than $70, driver was Albanian and i don't think he knew the way :rolleyes: . We have mostly hired cars from Rockingham car hire in Smeaton Way off of Patterson Road, for a nearly new family size car it cost's $38 per day, but you only get 50k per day and it cost 22c per k thereafter :eek: , and beleive me that soon mounts up. The bigger car hire companies found in Fremantle, Mandurah and Perth do unlimited mileage :D , they cost a bit more but it's worth it if you are going to be visiting lot's of places.