Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How many ways to get from Perth airport to Rockingham?

How many ways to get from Perth airport to Rockingham?

Old Sep 29th 2005, 8:38 pm
Off to Perth in early Oct

youcanlaugh is a jewel in the roughyoucanlaugh is a jewel in the roughyoucanlaugh is a jewel in the roughyoucanlaugh is a jewel in the roughyoucanlaugh is a jewel in the rough
Default How many ways to get from Perth airport to Rockingham?

I'm arriving in Perth soon and my first rental will be in Rockingham. I am wondering if there are any ways to get there from the airport other than renting a car. I know I could rent a car at the airport but it seemed worth asking to see if there is another way to Rockingham and then I could rent a car more local to me.
Old Sep 29th 2005, 8:45 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How many ways to get from Perth airport to Rockingham?

Originally Posted by youcanlaugh
I'm arriving in Perth soon and my first rental will be in Rockingham. I am wondering if there are any ways to get there from the airport other than renting a car. I know I could rent a car at the airport but it seemed worth asking to see if there is another way to Rockingham and then I could rent a car more local to me.
Walk
Bike
Skateboard
Sinclair C5
Skip
5 knuckle Shuffle
Bus
Taxi
Coach
Helicopter

lol soz couldnt resist
Old Sep 29th 2005, 8:51 pm

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

Its only 40ish k's from perth to rockingham
Ataxi could do it or check out http://www.transperth.wa.gov.au/Desk...aspx?tabid=236
Still not far to drop a hire car back to airport or city !
Old Sep 29th 2005, 9:23 pm

youcanlaugh is a jewel in the roughyoucanlaugh is a jewel in the roughyoucanlaugh is a jewel in the roughyoucanlaugh is a jewel in the roughyoucanlaugh is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au
Walk
Bike
Skateboard
Sinclair C5
Skip
5 knuckle Shuffle
Bus
Taxi
Coach
Helicopter

lol soz couldnt resist
Oh ho ho... Bloody Brisbanites!
Old Sep 29th 2005, 9:25 pm

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au
Walk
Bike
Skateboard
Sinclair C5
Skip
5 knuckle Shuffle
Bus
Taxi
Coach
Helicopter

lol soz couldnt resist
Just noticed. 5 Knuckle Shuffle? I can only assume that means something different to you than it means to me!
Old Sep 29th 2005, 9:29 pm

Originally Posted by Perthforme
Its only 40ish k's from perth to rockingham
Ataxi could do it or check out http://www.transperth.wa.gov.au/Desk...aspx?tabid=236
Still not far to drop a hire car back to airport or city !
Thanks for that PerthForMe. Very useful site. I've made a note of that. Like you say, it's still not far to drop the car off. I guess my other option is dropping it off in Mandurah
Old Sep 29th 2005, 9:40 pm

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Will you need a rental car for a while? If so much easier in to get one in Perth and then when you hand it back just catch a bus to Rockingham as I dont reckon you want to do that when you have just landed and exhausted.
Old Sep 29th 2005, 10:11 pm

Originally Posted by Siren & Brian
Will you need a rental car for a while? If so much easier in to get one in Perth and then when you hand it back just catch a bus to Rockingham as I dont reckon you want to do that when you have just landed and exhausted.
I reckon you are right there. I'll be loaded close to my 40Kg allowance as well so the bus is out for sure. I reckon I will simply hire a car and have done with it.
Old Sep 29th 2005, 10:39 pm
Back in Uk and loving it

Emzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant future

When we arrived at Perth airport, we got a taxi to Rockingham, cost us $90, apparently we were ripped off, should have been no more than $70, driver was Albanian and i don't think he knew the way . We have mostly hired cars from Rockingham car hire in Smeaton Way off of Patterson Road, for a nearly new family size car it cost's $38 per day, but you only get 50k per day and it cost 22c per k thereafter , and beleive me that soon mounts up. The bigger car hire companies found in Fremantle, Mandurah and Perth do unlimited mileage , they cost a bit more but it's worth it if you are going to be visiting lot's of places.