Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How many people return from ozz..

How many people return from ozz..

Old Jan 27th 2008, 8:01 pm
Forum Regular

paul76 has a brilliant futurepaul76 has a brilliant futurepaul76 has a brilliant futurepaul76 has a brilliant futurepaul76 has a brilliant futurepaul76 has a brilliant future
Default How many people return from ozz..

Are there any official statistics of what percentage of people return from Australia after immingration?

I know its a depressing thread but my boss said loads return with the first year but i can find no evidence off this.

Maybe its because i dont want to believe...
Old Jan 27th 2008, 8:06 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How many people return from ozz..

http://www.immi.gov.au/media/publica...ate_june07.pdf

G
Old Jan 27th 2008, 8:40 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Life is like a box of chocolates......you never know what you're gonna get!! (Fforest Gump!)
pam0512 has a brilliant futurepam0512 has a brilliant futurepam0512 has a brilliant futurepam0512 has a brilliant futurepam0512 has a brilliant futurepam0512 has a brilliant future

Very interesting stats........thanks for that..
Old Jan 27th 2008, 9:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

POW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nice

I guess many people failed to realise how hard it is to leave family and friends behind.

I came to Australia in 1996 and I made a pact with myself that I would not return to the UK for a period of 5 years. I figured that this would give me time to settle and get over any homesickness that I may or may not suffer.

It has now been nearly 12 years since I set foot on these fair shores and I still have not returned to the UK, nor do I have any intention of going in the future.

There were times in the early days that you wonder if you made the right choice. I believe that if people are genuine with their reasons for coming, lower expectations and make the best effort to adapt to your new life. But most important, have fun.

What has this got to do with how many people return from Oz. Well nothing really but I am not on that statistics list.

Barney
Old Jan 27th 2008, 9:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paul76
Are there any official statistics of what percentage of people return from Australia after immingration?

I know its a depressing thread but my boss said loads return with the first year but i can find no evidence off this.

Maybe its because i dont want to believe...

Maybe he's trying to put you off

I got it a lot from various people before I came too, but of all the people I know here only one has returned to the UK (and she was back in Australia before her shipping even got half way the UK )

No doubt about it, there are some that return but then there are lots that don't too. Only way to find out which you will be is to give it a go
Old Jan 27th 2008, 10:44 pm
DownUnder

datamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond repute

Much will decide on why you are coming, or if you are running from the UK. How strong your family ties are. Whether you land on your feet, and happy to put the effort in to fit in with Oz culture. And how quick you take the rose tinted specs off. Cost of living etc, is about the same when you're earning dollars, and making a fresh start means it may be difficult to get that first job etc.

Go read to moving back to UK forum for real life returners http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=61
Old Jan 28th 2008, 12:00 am
Wishing on a star...

cherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud of

We went back to the UK 3 times previously, always within a year of arriving. Homesickness, lack of cash, difficulty settling. Thank god we managed to finally stay this time round. Have been here 4 years and have no intention of returning to the UK ever again.