Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How many have visas,but waiting to sell.

How many have visas,but waiting to sell.

Old Jun 2nd 2006, 10:44 pm
Forum Regular

Jempower is a name known to allJempower is a name known to allJempower is a name known to allJempower is a name known to allJempower is a name known to allJempower is a name known to allJempower is a name known to allJempower is a name known to allJempower is a name known to allJempower is a name known to allJempower is a name known to all
Default Re: How many have visas,but waiting to sell.

Originally Posted by Australia_bound?
Wish I had the luxury of a house to sell, I wouldn't complain about all that equity coming my way.
No visa and not one any time soon.
Priced out of UK property.
Does not know why others bother to complain when they have no need to
Hi
I am surprised at you- may not be your problem but lots of the people on here are in the same boat- may not be your boat, but then I thought you might understand being in you line of work!

Anyway..........we are and it is driving us both crazy. Did the safe thing one step at at time. Did not put the house on the market until we had the visa 01/03, have to validate 01/09 due to PCC-had an offer 02/05 accepted 03/05- no surveyor till yesterday, no idea as he was here 2hrs and not very nice- and now trying to get our heads round the logistics!

Alyxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Old Jun 2nd 2006, 11:05 pm
Forum Regular

paka has a brilliant futurepaka has a brilliant futurepaka has a brilliant futurepaka has a brilliant futurepaka has a brilliant futurepaka has a brilliant future

Thanks everyone for letting me now i am not the only one.We waited 18mths for visa, and now it looks like we might be doing another 18mths for house.Some days i just think has it all bin worth it.Still in limbo.
Old Jun 2nd 2006, 11:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jempower
Hi
I am surprised at you- may not be your problem but lots of the people on here are in the same boat- may not be your boat, but then I thought you might understand being in you line of work!

Anyway..........we are and it is driving us both crazy. Did the safe thing one step at at time. Did not put the house on the market until we had the visa 01/03, have to validate 01/09 due to PCC-had an offer 02/05 accepted 03/05- no surveyor till yesterday, no idea as he was here 2hrs and not very nice- and now trying to get our heads round the logistics!

Alyxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
What has my job got to do with anything???

Not my fault if people perceive minor issues as major things, I'd much rather have a house to sell even if it is stressful! Can't be any worse than things I have to deal with at work
And I'd much rather have my visa in the bag rather than have to sit around waiting to apply, some certainty is better than none
Old Jun 3rd 2006, 3:12 am
Forum Regular

lock collector is a jewel in the roughlock collector is a jewel in the roughlock collector is a jewel in the roughlock collector is a jewel in the rough

And of course during this period the estate agents are going on about a booming market with not enough properties etc ..

I somehow think they are all the same full of B.S.

I for one am glad that I did not have a house to sell ...

To those selling, perhaps try the Aussie open inspection ? bounce the idea of your lying scumbag - sorry estate agent and see what he says, after all the more people that look the better, 1 of them may be interested ....

Best of luck to you all.

Paul
Old Jun 5th 2006, 10:36 pm
Just Joined

MaggieP is an unknown quantity at this point

We're in High Wycombe, been trying to sell since beginning of Mar 06, only had 6 viewings. We're going to Perth but because of the prices sky rocketing there we are now thinking that we should perhaps keep our place here and let it. Are others thinking along the same lines? Thoughts please.
Old Jun 6th 2006, 12:05 am
Forum Regular

WacandJill has a spectacular aura aboutWacandJill has a spectacular aura aboutWacandJill has a spectacular aura about

We had our house in the UK up For Sale or To Let.
We decided whichever came first.
We had no buyers viewing in the first two weeks it was on the market.
3rd week we had tenants viewing, they passed the esate agents credits checks etc., and wanted to move in within 2 weeks.
So this made our minds up. We move to Australia in 2 weeks, or we hang on to find a buyer, who would probably be in a chain, and could take perhaps another 3 months or more, if we were luckily enough to find a buyer.

So we went with the tenants and moved out within 2 weeks.

We will have to face the sale thing eventually. Sometimes I am glad we only rented it out as it gives us a chance to see if we will settle in Australia. On the other hand, the house prices are going up here so fast, it is frightening.

If I had the chance to start again, I would wait for a buyer, pack up and start a fresh.

Jill