Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How many floors????

How many floors????

Old May 5th 2010, 8:14 am
Forum Regular

BriBri UK is just really niceBriBri UK is just really niceBriBri UK is just really niceBriBri UK is just really niceBriBri UK is just really niceBriBri UK is just really niceBriBri UK is just really niceBriBri UK is just really niceBriBri UK is just really nice
Default How many floors????

Hi all,
It would appear that shipping only includes to the first floor with easy access.
Is there a calculation as to how much more expensive it is each floor you go up or if there is a lift??
Most of the flats we have looked at online are higher than first floor.
Can you include extra floors in the original quote or get a fixed quote that covers all eventualities??
Unfortunately by the very fact that it’s so far away only a lucky few will know exactly where they will be going at first and which floor and what type of access they will have.
Having done this before I know they will try and wriggle out of things.
Any posters with any advice or who have been caught out by this.
Any shippers with advice
Old May 5th 2010, 10:29 am
Forum Regular

mark wool is a splendid one to beholdmark wool is a splendid one to beholdmark wool is a splendid one to beholdmark wool is a splendid one to beholdmark wool is a splendid one to beholdmark wool is a splendid one to beholdmark wool is a splendid one to beholdmark wool is a splendid one to beholdmark wool is a splendid one to beholdmark wool is a splendid one to beholdmark wool is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: How many floors????

Had my stuff delivered about six weeks ago by a well known firm to brisbane. Them unpackin consisted of them emptying the box in the middle of the floor. Fortunatly i was at work! WELCOME TO OZ.
Old May 5th 2010, 11:22 am
Forum Regular

BriBri UK is just really niceBriBri UK is just really niceBriBri UK is just really niceBriBri UK is just really niceBriBri UK is just really niceBriBri UK is just really niceBriBri UK is just really niceBriBri UK is just really niceBriBri UK is just really nice

Originally Posted by mark wool
Had my stuff delivered about six weeks ago by a well known firm to brisbane. Them unpackin consisted of them emptying the box in the middle of the floor. Fortunatly i was at work! WELCOME TO OZ.
Can you name the firm.
It would be nice to know who they were so we could avoid them
Old May 5th 2010, 12:09 pm
Forum Regular

mark wool is a splendid one to beholdmark wool is a splendid one to beholdmark wool is a splendid one to beholdmark wool is a splendid one to beholdmark wool is a splendid one to beholdmark wool is a splendid one to beholdmark wool is a splendid one to beholdmark wool is a splendid one to beholdmark wool is a splendid one to beholdmark wool is a splendid one to beholdmark wool is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by BriBri UK
Can you name the firm.
It would be nice to know who they were so we could avoid them
pal i dont want to on here. It might not be the same for u. just let me know how u get on.
Old May 5th 2010, 2:15 pm
Forum Regular

Okay understand just trying to get some insight.
I've had several bad experiences with movers.
Alll the best
Old May 6th 2010, 10:32 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BriBri UK
Hi all,
It would appear that shipping only includes to the first floor with easy access.
Is there a calculation as to how much more expensive it is each floor you go up or if there is a lift??
Most of the flats we have looked at online are higher than first floor.
Can you include extra floors in the original quote or get a fixed quote that covers all eventualities??
Unfortunately by the very fact that it’s so far away only a lucky few will know exactly where they will be going at first and which floor and what type of access they will have.
Having done this before I know they will try and wriggle out of things.
Any posters with any advice or who have been caught out by this.
Any shippers with advice
Can't believe that no one out there has had their belongings shipped above the first floor.

Any Shippers with any advice