Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How many coming to Adelaide in 2008?

How many coming to Adelaide in 2008?

Old Jan 10th 2008, 4:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

mOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud of
Default Re: How many coming to Adelaide in 2008?

us too!!
we'd like to go around june ... if we'll have the visa by then

but deffo THIS year
Old Jan 10th 2008, 5:13 pm
Forum Regular

Shanaghy is just really niceShanaghy is just really niceShanaghy is just really niceShanaghy is just really niceShanaghy is just really niceShanaghy is just really niceShanaghy is just really niceShanaghy is just really niceShanaghy is just really nice

Hi all
We are heading there to should be there hopefully for August/September
Old Jan 10th 2008, 5:51 pm
Loving it in SA

Katsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wendy
You could try here: http://www.brightoncaravanpark.com.au/

Aldinga is pretty far south, so unless you are planning on getting together with rellies almost every day I would stay somewhere pretty central. It's not too bad though because even if you went from the far northern suburbs of Adelaide right down to the far southern ones it would only take about 90 mins to 2 hours.

Can't help with car hire as we didn't need any.
Were looing at spending a month or so at brighton park gives us time to do some home hunting and it also will give us what we need to live day to day whilst the container is on its way over.

There certainly seems to be alot of us going to Adelaide this year, i hope it gives everyone what they want.

We must all keep in touch once we get there.
Old Jan 10th 2008, 6:05 pm
Forum Regular

thehowarths will become famous soon enoughthehowarths will become famous soon enough

We are hoping to be living in Adelaide this year - me, my oh and our 18 month old son. OH is a carpenter and we submitted our 175 visa application in October 07 - getting a bit fed up with waiting but hopefully we'll be in oz by this autumn....

the plan is to buy land and build a house but rent initially - have been drooling over beautiful beachside properties which is keeping us going whilst the weather here is so miserable!!!
Old Jan 10th 2008, 6:55 pm
Loving it in SA

Katsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thehowarths
We are hoping to be living in Adelaide this year - me, my oh and our 18 month old son. OH is a carpenter and we submitted our 175 visa application in October 07 - getting a bit fed up with waiting but hopefully we'll be in oz by this autumn....

the plan is to buy land and build a house but rent initially - have been drooling over beautiful beachside properties which is keeping us going whilst the weather here is so miserable!!!
hey how you doing just up the road?
Old Jan 10th 2008, 8:21 pm
Forum Regular

thehowarths will become famous soon enoughthehowarths will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Katsmajics other half !!!
hey how you doing just up the road?
aha - just seen where you are from. how far into the process are you and when do you plan to move?

have you been to adelaide for a visit or are you just going for it? We haven't even holidayed in oz - thought we'd just go for it and Adelaide seems like the best option for us (my brother in law went and said it reminded him of Cheltenham - which is where i'm from and really like).
Old Jan 10th 2008, 8:36 pm
Forum Regular

MRS G will become famous soon enough

Hi everyone, some more people here hopefully heading to Adelaide. Me, OH and our 2 kids (5+2). We've been there a few times as OH has family there. It's the best option for us as we are already familiar with the place and we love it. Fingers crossed we get our visa!

Mrs G
Old Jan 10th 2008, 9:57 pm
Just Joined

roxymusic will become famous soon enoughroxymusic will become famous soon enough

Hoping to move out around Nov/Dec 08 if everything goes well with the house build and visa

ian
Old Jan 11th 2008, 8:54 am
Loving it in SA

Originally Posted by thehowarths
aha - just seen where you are from. how far into the process are you and when do you plan to move?

have you been to adelaide for a visit or are you just going for it? We haven't even holidayed in oz - thought we'd just go for it and Adelaide seems like the best option for us (my brother in law went and said it reminded him of Cheltenham - which is where i'm from and really like).

we have got our VISAS we should have gone in September but the mrs went and smashed her leg up playing rugby.

Were looking at booking our flights next week........and we have not been to Adelaide either but we feel from what we have found out from our friend who has been there 12 years and the research we have done on tinternet and the very nice ppl on here esp ( Wendy ) Adelaide deffo ticks all of our boxes.

Cheltenham is lovely it has its rough areas but also has some very nice areas too..........so does everywhere we know the grass aint always greener on the other side but a different shade we just wanna take a look and experience it.

We also know that it aint going to be easy and its going to take some hard work and be real tough and we are prepared for it too......this place has been a great source of information and support thorughout our whole VISA process........and we will continue to use it its like a an extended family on here full of lovely ppl all with great views and advice.
Old Jan 11th 2008, 10:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Vin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to behold

I'm going 'home' to Adelaide on the 21st ...for 9 days ...holiday.
Love it and miss it very much
I'm sure you will all like it, it was my home for a very long time. Good luck and best wishes to you all....B xx
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 7:02 am
Loving it in SA

Well weve booked our flights we lrave UK on 15th April and arrive in Adelaide 17th April ( my birthday ) woohoo.........so much to do and so little time to do it all in

Good luck everyone

XX

KOH
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 7:44 am
BE Enthusiast

mOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud of

i am sooo not jelous!!!

say 'hi' to adelaide and check everything out for us

good luck!
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 7:51 am
Loving it in SA

Originally Posted by mOZzy
i am sooo not jelous!!!

say 'hi' to adelaide and check everything out for us

good luck!

Will do dude....your time will come as will everybody esles i am sure of it.......the one down side of it all is we will be arriving in their colder time of year but least we will know that that is as cols it will get hopefully.

Were sposed to be on the A380 Superjumbo the scary thing with that is i made some parts for the landing gear........im sure it will be fine looking forward to everything........well everything cept the goodbayes to my mum, my sister and my lil boy i went 3.5 years withiout seeing him now we have made contact again and i am off in 3 months thats going to b soooo hard for me.
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 8:42 am
Banned

cufc has a brilliant futurecufc has a brilliant futurecufc has a brilliant futurecufc has a brilliant futurecufc has a brilliant futurecufc has a brilliant futurecufc has a brilliant future

Will do dude....your time will come as will everybody esles i am sure of it.......the one down side of it all is we will be arriving in their colder time of year but least we will know that that is as cols it will get hopefully.

Were sposed to be on the A380 Superjumbo the scary thing with that is i made some parts for the landing gear........im sure it will be fine looking forward to everything........well everything cept the goodbayes to my mum, my sister and my lil boy i went 3.5 years withiout seeing him now we have made contact again and i am off in 3 months thats going to b soooo hard for me.
Cheltenham and Adelaide are very different...so come with an open mind and few expectations....Adelaide is a great place to be but remember it is a city of over 1 million and does have its problems....like anywhere but a good quality of life if you embrace it.....i read a lot on here from people with high expectations thinking they are coming to a Utopia....im well travelled and havent yet found Utopia...come with an open mind and enjoy
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 8:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

April isn't so bad, it'll give you chance to settle in before the long hot summer

See you soon guys

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.