Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

how long to ship?

how long to ship?

Old Jan 20th 2009, 3:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

camacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nice
Default how long to ship?

hi

just a quick question, how long does it take on average for a container to be shipped to brisbane?
had a company out today for a quote and he reckons it will only take 4 - 6 weeks?! i thought at the least it would be 8 weeks
Old Jan 20th 2009, 3:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Kingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: how long to ship?

My own container I was told 6-8 weeks.

Sharing a container I was told 8-12 weeks.
Old Jan 20th 2009, 8:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

markandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by camacazi
hi

just a quick question, how long does it take on average for a container to be shipped to brisbane?
had a company out today for a quote and he reckons it will only take 4 - 6 weeks?! i thought at the least it would be 8 weeks
Hi Caroline who did you get out to give you a quote? When we spoke to a couple of the shipping companies last year at the expo in Kings Hall, they told us 8-12 weeks and longer if you share a container!
By the way who did you get out to give you a quote? We have been thinking about things over the last couple of weeks and we are seriously thinking of renting out the house and just going for good on 21st March!!!! We need to speak to Marks parents as we would want to rent the house to them as they are currently in a rental and it would help us out alot, but they are on holiday at the minute so we have to wait until they come back
Old Jan 20th 2009, 8:48 pm
Account Closed

emelems is an unknown quantity at this point

We ordered our container (it was in storage in the UK) to be shipped to Brisbane mid Oct.. it arrived about 5 weeks after... customs took about 2 days to clear and then it was delivered here on the Sunshine Coast..

Em x
Old Jan 20th 2009, 9:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

camacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nice

Originally Posted by markandgill
Hi Caroline who did you get out to give you a quote? When we spoke to a couple of the shipping companies last year at the expo in Kings Hall, they told us 8-12 weeks and longer if you share a container!
By the way who did you get out to give you a quote? We have been thinking about things over the last couple of weeks and we are seriously thinking of renting out the house and just going for good on 21st March!!!! We need to speak to Marks parents as we would want to rent the house to them as they are currently in a rental and it would help us out alot, but they are on holiday at the minute so we have to wait until they come back
omg gillian, i'm getting all excited for you
we had pickfords out first, they quoted £3850 and would take 8 weeks for 20ft container
had browns out today and waiting for a proper quote in the next couple of days, he said over the phone £3000 - £3500 , and would take 4 - 6weeks
Old Jan 20th 2009, 9:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by emelems
We ordered our container (it was in storage in the UK) to be shipped to Brisbane mid Oct.. it arrived about 5 weeks after... customs took about 2 days to clear and then it was delivered here on the Sunshine Coast..

Em x
5 weeks! that was good!
Old Jan 20th 2009, 9:13 pm
Account Closed

You know what?! I am beginning to think we got off lightly organising the shipping ourselves.. although it was very bitty and stressful, it was successful and 2 days thru customs was brilliant.. when OH went up to pass the container he even bought back a load of boxes in the car so we started to unpack early!

Em x
Old Jan 20th 2009, 10:28 pm
mmmmmm duff

MarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of light

We were told 6-8 weeks for our container it took 20 to get here.
Old Jan 21st 2009, 6:04 am
BE Enthusiast

markandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant future

we had pickfords out first, they quoted £3850 and would take 8 weeks for 20ft container
had browns out today and waiting for a proper quote in the next couple of days, he said over the phone £3000 - £3500 , and would take 4 - 6weeks
Hi Caroline

We are hoping Marks mum and dad will go for the idea, if not to be honest I think I will be a bit gutted, but also if they do, we will have aloa lot organising and sorting out to do over the next few weeks! Especially deciding where to go, we are now a bit unsure wether we want to go to Bundaberg or the Sunshine Coast!!!! Mark has applied for a few jobs online over the last few days, we are not really expecting to hear anything back from them as we are in the UK, but you never know, so that may decide for us where we go!!!! He has applied for a couple in Bundy and one in Nambour, so keep your fingers crossed for us. I think it is time that we had some good luck for a bloomin change, it has been a bad couple of years, apart from getting our visa of course lol.
We hopefully wont need a full 20ft container, as we are not taking everything, we will be taking about half the contents of our house, but im sure knowing our luck, we will be over half a container too, we were thinking of getting McGimpseyst for a quote, I have never heard of Browns, where are they from?
Old Jan 21st 2009, 8:25 am
BE Forum Addict

the4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud of

hi

Hi Caroline,

McGimpseys came to my house 28th July and packed up. It went to the docks the next day in Belfast but sat there for a few weeks before being put on a feeder ship to England somewhere.

We moved into our house here in Oz Saturday 20th September and our "life" was delivered 2 days later on the Monday. So it probably did actually only take 6 weeks but you have to figure in the ship from Belfast meeting the one in England (bit like hanging about an airport!).

I'd say ship asap since you have your tickets booked

Lynn xx
Old Jan 21st 2009, 9:28 am
BE Enthusiast

calNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to all

I think 12wks is the norm we had one that was 22wks & the fastest was 7wks
try & have your container in oz to coinside with getting you home, or you will end up buying two of everything!
Old Jan 23rd 2009, 6:44 pm
Forum Regular

nevsy is just really nicenevsy is just really nicenevsy is just really nicenevsy is just really nicenevsy is just really nicenevsy is just really nicenevsy is just really nicenevsy is just really nice

Hi Caroline

Im sorting my own shipping using a company called DSV they are a golbal shipping company.I have a good friend who works there he got me a price which nobody could match.House to Brisbane qauy uncleared less than £2000 20ft container.

If you want the contact details let me know

Nev
Old Jan 23rd 2009, 10:31 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by MarkMC
We were told 6-8 weeks for our container it took 20 to get here.
That must have been infuriating!

Em x
Old Jan 25th 2009, 1:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Bundaberg the land of Rum from south wales the land of song!
bundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nice

We didnt bring hardly anything only little personal things really.
The reason for this was we knew it would take up up to 20wks to get here so didnt fancy going without essentials like beds We costed it out and found it would be just a cheap pound for dollar to buy new so thats what we did
We found it work well shopping frenzy in the first wk mind but we was careful only got what really needed and have slowly built it all up over the last yr. I also thought most of my uk furniture wouldnt match well with the aussie style house
Teryna
Old Jan 25th 2009, 8:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by bundybell
We didnt bring hardly anything only little personal things really.
The reason for this was we knew it would take up up to 20wks to get here so didnt fancy going without essentials like beds We costed it out and found it would be just a cheap pound for dollar to buy new so thats what we did
We found it work well shopping frenzy in the first wk mind but we was careful only got what really needed and have slowly built it all up over the last yr. I also thought most of my uk furniture wouldnt match well with the aussie style house
Teryna
2o weeks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.