Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How long to receive tax back when left uk?

How long to receive tax back when left uk?

Old Aug 28th 2004, 12:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: UK 2 Oz, Oz 2 UK, Been there, done that, got the tee-shirt!
scrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nice
Default How long to receive tax back when left uk?

We sent forms to tax office about 2 mths ago and have received nothing, is this normal? How long has it taken anyone else?

Mandy
Old Aug 28th 2004, 1:47 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How long to receive tax back when left uk?

Originally Posted by scrawni
We sent forms to tax office about 2 mths ago and have received nothing, is this normal? How long has it taken anyone else?

Mandy
I applied for mine at the end of October, and the money was in my account about 6 weeks later.
Old Aug 28th 2004, 2:41 am
BE Enthusiast

jasper pentop is an unknown quantity at this point

Mandy
Two months aqnd still waiting here. They requested extra info for us - p60's even though they werent asked for on the form or the book. We dont have any from our slack employer so...... dunno what to do presently good one hey. They said money all ready once we sent in our p60's *sigh*
Old Aug 28th 2004, 7:22 am
PENNINE ELECTRICAL

Location: Was Wakefield, Now Bayside,Capalaba, Brisbane since 2004
Darren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by jasper pentop
Two months aqnd still waiting here. They requested extra info for us - p60's even though they werent asked for on the form or the book. We dont have any from our slack employer so...... dunno what to do presently good one hey. They said money all ready once we sent in our p60's *sigh*
Why did you need to send your p60's in????????
I only sent my p80 and p45 in at the end of last week,i called this week to make sure that they had recieved it ok and spoke to a lovely lady...
She went through everything with me on how you get your tax back and and what kind of payment scale we were looking at....

As my head office for work is in Bradford that is my tax office and currently they are behind two weeks,so the lady persumes that it will only take around two weeks...(with that being that we have no property left in the uk,no more income coming from the uk,etc)

Hopes this helps anyone

Leanne Brook
Old Aug 28th 2004, 7:31 am
I Know What's Going On!

SteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the rough

You should do your tax returns on line. Initially it takes about 2 days to set up your account, but when you do, you get your money back within a week. I did mine on April 13th (Tuesday) and the money was in my account on the Friday. Not bad!
Old Aug 28th 2004, 7:55 am
PENNINE ELECTRICAL

Darren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by SteveBannister
You should do your tax returns on line. Initially it takes about 2 days to set up your account, but when you do, you get your money back within a week. I did mine on April 13th (Tuesday) and the money was in my account on the Friday. Not bad!

Please may i ask which website that you went through to do your tax as my hubby still has to do his yet...............
Old Aug 28th 2004, 8:16 am
I Know What's Going On!

SteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by leannefr
Please may i ask which website that you went through to do your tax as my hubby still has to do his yet...............

www.gateway.gov.uk

It's easy enough, they send you a user ID and a PIN number, then you can use the services. You can check evertything before you finally send it, so they tell you what you will get back. If you've made a mistake you just go back and change it. There are loads of notes to help so he should be OK.

Good luck.

Steve.
Old Aug 28th 2004, 10:12 am
Go Banana's !!

Mandy
Jill got hers nominated to me and I got her cheque approx 2 weeks after I sent her form in.

Good luck

Warren
Perth in 9 weeks !!! OMG Its actually happening !

Old Aug 28th 2004, 5:05 pm
PENNINE ELECTRICAL

Originally Posted by SteveBannister
www.gateway.gov.uk

It's easy enough, they send you a user ID and a PIN number, then you can use the services. You can check evertything before you finally send it, so they tell you what you will get back. If you've made a mistake you just go back and change it. There are loads of notes to help so he should be OK.

Good luck.

Steve.
cheers for that steve it seems like such a better way to do it./

Leanne