Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How long are police checks taking now?

How long are police checks taking now?

Old Jul 4th 2003, 12:49 pm
Here in Dunedin

southerner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond repute
Default How long are police checks taking now?

Have seen some recent posts suggesting police checks are coming back extra quick at the moment. One was even back within a week.
However, I think that they are handled by different offices depending on whether you are from London, rest of England, or Scotland.

Could those who have recently got theirs back please advise how long it is taking, and through which office?

Thanks

ps I would also be interested to hear from anyone else still waiting for more than 4 weeks
Old Jul 4th 2003, 12:56 pm
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of
Default Re: How long are police checks taking now?

Originally posted by southerner
Have seen some recent posts suggesting police checks are coming back extra quick at the moment. One was even back within a week.
However, I think that they are handled by different offices depending on whether you are from London, rest of England, or Scotland.

Could those who have recently got theirs back please advise how long it is taking, and through which office?

Thanks

ps I would also be interested to hear from anyone else still waiting for more than 4 weeks
About 4 weeks ago i got mine back.

I let it get to 35 days, then phoned and complained. They were pretty good about it, and i got it back 2 days after that.

Funny thing was about 2 weeks later i got another one!!
Old Jul 4th 2003, 1:12 pm
Life's next chapter is?

theguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to behold

Thanks

Ours took 30 days or thereabouts.....we received a letter stating they would be clear after about 14 days though. The official stuff 2 weeks later ....
Old Jul 4th 2003, 3:26 pm
over the cuckoo's nest

Slater will become famous soon enoughSlater will become famous soon enough

Thanks

Received mine after 38 days, the wife's 3 days later 40 days.

Slater Sussex.
Old Jul 4th 2003, 3:42 pm

kevpreece is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks

hi

recieved mine after 25 days or thereabouts.....only phoned once to confirm west mercia police had faxed the form to NSY in london.

very pleased with them

cheers

kev
Old Jul 5th 2003, 7:03 am
BE Enthusiast

karen and andy is an unknown quantity at this point

Ours took about 3 weeks, although when we went to Southend Police station they said you'd be better of going to Chelmsford approx 30 mins away, otherwise its going to get held up in our internal mail. Thats ok we 're in no rush he was not happy.
Had a letter 3 days later saying that Chelmsford had received and forwarded to nsy.

Sorry to waffle

Cheers

Karen
Old Jul 11th 2003, 4:45 pm
Here in Dunedin

southerner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks everyone for the replies. We got ours back yesterday after 3-4 weeks, so they seem to be relatively efficient at the moment.

Right, now whats next....?