Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How long for passports to be returned from AHC?

Wikiposts

How long for passports to be returned from AHC?

Old Nov 2nd 2003, 1:28 am
BE Enthusiast

dibrucewillis is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How long for passports to be returned from AHC?

I posted our passports off to AHC almost two weeks ago and I had expected them to have been returned by now complete with visa evidence
I am assuming the delay has been caused by the postal strikes
Anybody else in the same predicament.

Diane
Old Nov 2nd 2003, 4:15 am
BE Enthusiast

pockygoes will become famous soon enough

We got ours in just under 2 weeks - so looks like the wildcar postal strikes may be the reason for the delay. good luck.
Old Nov 2nd 2003, 7:09 am
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

I would imagine the strikes will hold up the pasport being returned. The only thing you could do would be to phone Aussie house and see if they have been sent off. Did you not send them registered/recorded post? If you did you should have no problems.
Old Nov 2nd 2003, 8:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

dibrucewillis is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Tina

I have just read on Yahoo news that a deal has been reached in the postal workers strike.
I think that i will wait until the end of the week and then if they still haven't arrived I will contact aussie house.

I know they got there safely because I checked on the royal mail website.
They will be returned by recorded delivery so I am sure that they will get here eventually

Diane
Old Nov 2nd 2003, 10:56 pm
Happy Daddy

markeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant future

Hi tinaj,
I was looking at the US embassy web site in the UK for the wife (she needs a visa to go there on holiday - not British) and they were advising people to use the electronic verion and not send things by post. It was having an adverse affect on them.

I think they are not getting there post.

Bye
Markeh