Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

*****Is it me??????*****

*****Is it me??????*****

Old Oct 26th 2003, 4:01 am
BE Enthusiast

65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice
Default *****Is it me??????*****

Ive just returned from a four week stay validating our visa's staying mainly in Melbourne at my cousins houses in suburbs Surrey Hills and Narre Warren, south east Melbourne.

I left Melbourne feeling positive and happy that my wife felt the same and were all "go" for the big move after Xmas.

Within a half an hour of reading some of the threads on here, I start getting that "oh my god, what am I doing" feeling, which seems to surface every time I visit this site.

This website is a great facility and its imortant to hear the good, bad and ugly of migrating to Oz/Nz, but please lets have some balance here.

Is it too much to ask for a few more positive minded people to place post here???.
:scared:
Old Oct 26th 2003, 4:23 am
owieb

Default Re: *****Is it me??????*****

Originally posted by 65 million
Ive just returned from a four week stay validating our visa's staying mainly in Melbourne at my cousins houses in suburbs Surrey Hills and Narre Warren, south east Melbourne.

I left Melbourne feeling positive and happy that my wife felt the same and were all "go" for the big move after Xmas.

Within a half an hour of reading some of the threads on here, I start getting that "oh my god, what am I doing" feeling, which seems to surface every time I visit this site.

This website is a great facility and its imortant to hear the good, bad and ugly of migrating to Oz/Nz, but please lets have some balance here.

Is it too much to ask for a few more positive minded people to place post here???.
I think there are loads of really positive posts. Over recent weeks there have been more positive posts than negative ones, infact I would say there have been more positive posts during this period than there has since the forum started.

Why don't you post something positive about your trip validating your visa?

How did you find the weather? Did you look at properties? What were prices like? Did you checkout the job situation? What were job prospects like? Were the people friendly? What was Melbourne like as a city?

Old Oct 26th 2003, 4:33 am
Banned

Location: I refuse to answer on the grounds it may incriminate me
Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute

I suppose you will always get the complainers, people who perhaps need to be reminded that they are in the majority of brits who want(ed) out of the uk.
Im wondering if anyone here can give me a country in this world that the majority want to leave apart from the uk, surely there must be valid reasons for over 30 million in the uk to want to get the heck out ?????
I havent been on this forum long but see over and over people bitching about their new home and how they want to return. I would like to see more posters saying that xyz city in canada/oz/nz/usa wasnt what they wanted so they are trying abc city, instead of running back home to where they think the grass is greener. Many may just find that the uk is even worse than when they left.
Old Oct 26th 2003, 4:46 am
WBB

Originally posted by owieb

Why don't you post something positive about your trip validating your visa?

well said.

you have just returned from oz so why not start the ball rolling with a couple of posts about your trip.

it has been 6 years since i last visited so my information would be slightly dated, but if and when i validate i will be sure to post some info on my trip.

Old Oct 26th 2003, 5:01 am
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

OMG!!!!!!!...you can't come in here and say things like that!! ...i did the first day i joined the forum and got torn apart by the pack...
:scared: :scared:

Old Oct 26th 2003, 5:09 am
Home in 2010.

The Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really nice

Good on you for saying what you feel. I have not been on this board long but even i notice the moaners going back into the woodwork. I for one can not understand why when people are so negative they wish to drag every one else down, that I think is a very British attitude. Ignore the negative people and just concentrate on the positives. Just remember all your positive feelings from your visit and tell those of us who want to hear good vibes. I love to hear about peoples visists.
If you come on here feeling good then leave after reading the negatives feeling bad I would not come on here again because then the moaners will have won.
Old Oct 26th 2003, 6:35 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Hate to sound troll like but so many of the new participants have got their rose tinted glasses in a tizzzzzzzz.
The idea of the forum is that you find out about the good, the bad and the ugly. I know I for one have been posting a lot of negative stuff lately, but that is because this is my life and it's been going to sh*t, hoping for some good news early part of the week. How would it be if we all posted about the good stuff all of the time and no nasty comments were permitted besides the fact it would be so dull, surely it is better to have a balanced forum and knowing that you are going to suffer some hardships that's what life is about.
I for one am not interested in how much money other people are taking it doesn't effect me or the way I will live my life, but every time someone mentions money I'm not on here and tearing them to shreds about it:lecture:
In my opinion the forum is for helping one another out if that includes telling a couple of jokes to make someone feel better then so be it.

So much to do so little time, moving all the rest of my stuff out today
Looking forward to my Christmas dinner today
Debbie

Last edited by cresta57; Oct 26th 2003 at 7:06 am.
Old Oct 26th 2003, 7:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Hi 65 Million
Having met up with some other like minded folk at the Pompey meet up, I've decided that it's perfectly normal to have ups and downs about the whole process. Recently, I was feeling unsure of the whole decision to migrate, partly because other people (not on the forum) had put me off - all you get are loads of questions etc. and people just don't get why you'd want to go. Since approaching the bank for a loan for captial investment, we've been much more certain of our choice, particularly since this will be a further commitment, which will mean we have to comply with quite a tight budget. So, forum or not, it's all ups and downs anyway!
Larissa
Sure there will be more ups and downs!
PS I'd definately recommend getting together with other wannabe expats in your area, as you'll benefit from seeing how much you have in common etc. There are quite a few meets from this forum, or you could just organise one for your area and see who turns up - we did and it was well worth it (hi everyone!)
Old Oct 26th 2003, 8:40 am
BE Forum Addict

booboo1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi 65 Million

My family and I have chosen Narre Warren and the Berwick areas as our top choices for settling in Aus.

Please tell all about your stay there and your impressions and experiences. It would be good info and would be quite helpful.

cheers
booboo
Old Oct 26th 2003, 3:43 pm
Just Joined

sculkin is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Luke I Amyofath
I suppose you will always get the complainers, people who perhaps need to be reminded that they are in the majority of brits who want(ed) out of the uk.
Im wondering if anyone here can give me a country in this world that the majority want to leave apart from the uk, surely there must be valid reasons for over 30 million in the uk to want to get the heck out ?????
I havent been on this forum long but see over and over people bitching about their new home and how they want to return. I would like to see more posters saying that xyz city in canada/oz/nz/usa wasnt what they wanted so they are trying abc city, instead of running back home to where they think the grass is greener. Many may just find that the uk is even worse than when they left.
I am amazed at this comment. Do you really believe that 30 million want to leave the UK?? I don't know one person who does! I have travelled all over the world and thoroughly enjoyed visiting other countries but have never been anywhere where I would prefer to live than the UK. Perhaps its only when they leave that people realise what a great place it is. Its became an international passtime to slag off anyone living in the UK but we can take it - we're tougher than the rest of 'em.
Old Oct 26th 2003, 4:16 pm
Happy Daddy

markeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant future

Hi 65 million,
lets try this posetive thing.

I'm looking forward to going to Oz when the visa's come through.
We plan on spending a while there, getting the visa's validated and seeing a bit of the place if possible.
A bit of a drving holiday, but it's up to us where we go and it will be at our own pace.

The wife is pro Oz, a big help.
I dream of warmth and space, diving in the blue waters and taking up fishing (or is that standing on the beach ? )
She likes the idea of being in a new country, not the UK where we can put down roots on our own.

It might all be a dream but it's somthing we have to try.
I already regret not going there on a working holiday.

Keep on being posetive, plenty of time to be negative when you are dead.
Look on everything as a chance to meet new people and see new places.
If you don't like somewhere try somewhere else, not back home but a little further on.

Bye
Markeh
Old Oct 26th 2003, 4:28 pm
yer twistin mi melons man

johanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nice

Originally posted by booboo
Hi 65 Million

My family and I have chosen Narre Warren and the Berwick areas as our top choices for settling in Aus.

Please tell all about your stay there and your impressions and experiences. It would be good info and would be quite helpful.

cheers
booboo
Hi BooBoo, didnt know that you were going to narre warren!!!
that is were im from before i moved over to the uk....If you need any info on the area just pm me and i will be more than willing to help in any way i can.
I used to live on an estate called fountain gate and my aunty lives in Berwick at the mo but they have just bought a big block of land up near Packenham and are building on it at the minute,
any help you need just say....
johanne
Old Oct 26th 2003, 6:23 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Hi 65 million!
I think the reason why you dont see loads of positive stuff is because whoever posted something remotely nice they would be jumped on by the ''youre wearing rosetinted specs'' brigade!
there are a lot of positive posts on here - watch this space as quite a few forum residents have/are just going over as we speak!! they are keen to post their experiences and im sure we will hear from them very soon.
for recent potitive posts read back over the last month's posts (should keep you busy for a couple of days!!) and you will find lots of interesting/useful stuff.
and tell us about your experiences too...

sue
Old Oct 26th 2003, 7:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Teresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the rough

Originally posted by tiredwithtwins
Hi 65 million!
I think the reason why you dont see loads of positive stuff is because whoever posted something remotely nice they would be jumped on by the ''youre wearing rosetinted specs'' brigade!
there are a lot of positive posts on here - watch this space as quite a few forum residents have/are just going over as we speak!! they are keen to post their experiences and im sure we will hear from them very soon.
for recent potitive posts read back over the last month's posts (should keep you busy for a couple of days!!) and you will find lots of interesting/useful stuff.
and tell us about your experiences too...

sue
well said sue and a few others on this thread.........

I respect that everyone has a point of view, be pos or neg, thats prob not the issue, think the main thing here is the attacks that people get for expressing themselves, the unjustified ones! they know who they are, I would like to say a few people on here are a wealth of info though, Dotty, Dianeoz, owieb, renth, mrsdagboy, sandra, that spring to mind...sorry if forgotten any other geniune helpers at mo

We have both lived and worked in oz and have a rough idea of what we are heading for, but for those who haven't come on, lets give them a bit of encouragement now and again
Old Oct 26th 2003, 8:30 pm
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

Hi I just think if it is what you really want to do what does it matter what other people think. People are always ready to run down other peoples dreams... I dont know why, they just are. If its what you want go for it single mindedly until you get there...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.